The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Argonians losing their resistance to poison (an open letter)

• Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate your efforts, don't leave out this little information when linking racials from previous ES games:

Skyrim: Argonians are no longer resistant to Poison as they were in previous games.

So the removal of Argonians' poison resistance started back in the last main entry of the series.

If Argonians had poison resistance from the begining of TESO that means that devs took as a basis Oblivion and Morrowind. And if they want to revert it into Skyrim-based lore, they MUST to change it complexly but not just to push "delete" button. This is bad game design.
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with Argonians being resistant to poison, don't get me wrong. I can understand why they removed it though. To expect them to rewrite quests is a bit silly, there are thousands of quests in this game with maybe millions of words. To go into them and change them adequately whenever you make some changes is an impossible task especially when all of it is voiced.

If it's so hard to keep the integrity of the game, then it's better, maybe, I don't know, just to LEAVE that completely loreish and balanced passive alone or change it PROPERLY and not to completely remove it? There are literally ZERO reasons (for balance, at very least) to completely remove poison resistance from Argonians as well as disease resistance and stealth from Bosmers by detriment of the game lore. And there are many more ways to distinguish races and give them uniqueness, If you have enough fantasy. What the devs did in version 4.3.5 I call a tunnel vision.
    I wonder how people will shout, If they will remove Dark elf's resistance to fire or the Khajiit's stealth. That would be hilarious. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preview of patch 4.4:
    Altmer are now 2H wielding melee barbarians
    Orcs are pretty mages
    Dunmer get ice resistance and weakness to fire
    Nords get fire resistance, weakness to ice, and can no longer benefit at all from any drinks, any form of mead kills them
    Redguards are pacifists
    Khajiit are remodeled to be dog people instead of cat people
    Bretons are ugly warriors

/sarc
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why pre-patch maintenance for 4.4 will make it so nobody complains about anything...then we can all hold hands, sing the "Coke" song and stealth off into the sunset.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    Preview of patch 4.4:
    Altmer are now 2H wielding melee barbarians
    Orcs are pretty mages
    Dunmer get ice resistance and weakness to fire
    Nords get fire resistance, weakness to ice, and can no longer benefit at all from any drinks, any form of mead kills them
    Redguards are pacifists
    Khajiit are remodeled to be dog people instead of cat people
    Bretons are ugly warriors

/sarc

I know, right? Nords are better "Argonians" then Argonians themselves after 4.3.5 (in poison resistance way). That make "Bath time" quest more hilarious, as I already mentioned. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we know they will break this very games lore as they see fit for no reason. I'm definitely not letting such an epic lore fail go so easily. My OCD is going to be bothered every time I read about our natural poison resistance.
    Edited by Koronach on March 8, 2019 2:52PM
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    I do not play either Bosmer or Argonian in TESO (Argonian is my 9th character, but now it's my crafting alt). I've played for Argonians and Bosmers in previous games, but it doesn't matter. My main one is the Dark Elf in TESO. The second one is Khajiit. Someone will say that I belong to a group of people who show empathy. So be it. For me, this is a matter of principle. If developers allow themselves not to take into account their own lore, on the basis of which they built their game universe, as well as the opinion of people for whom this was important, then they do not deserve either my extra time or my extra money. Like someone said, there are "vast amount of content in the game", so I'll try to complete it with my main characters. But now it is not a priority for me, as well as the game itself.
    P.S. It's not ''bye-bye' post, just a review of the state after the patch.
    Edited by Swergdach on March 8, 2019 7:18PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here here! I add my support. Who was complaining that Argonians have both resistances? It didn’t make them unbalanced imho.

Sometimes Zos, if it ain’t broke, don’t “fix” it.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    This constant tweaking really annoys me, so much so that I'm close to ending my time with the game. I won't buy any new content and I'm considering stopping my sub. They are a bunch of consumate fiddlers who can't leave well alone..... or is it because they can never get it right first time?
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how about that bit about maintaining established lore? Can we have just resistance back at least not immunity?
  • SkorosMindkiller
    SkorosMindkiller
    ✭✭✭
    It's a depressing time to be an Argonian.

Not really, because scales are still sexy and skin is still sucky.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a depressing time to be an Argonian.

Not really, because scales are still sexy and skin is still sucky.

Having sex appeal doesn't mean you can't feel dead inside.
    Argonian forever
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care. I don't think anyone wants to play argonians unless that is the race they want to play b/c they like it. So their has been a big push to make the race 'good enough not to whine' about it's bonuses, but not truly balance or make complete sense. Now nobody feels like they 'have' to play the race for the bonuses and the only players that care anymore are those that want to play the race regardless of bonuses.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does saying it is an "open letter" make you feel it will get more attention from Zos? I would expect they see right through that. Especially since every thread is pretty much an open letter.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koronach wrote: »
    So how about that bit about maintaining established lore? Can we have just resistance back at least not immunity?

yeah it's weird to me because after all my experience with TES which is well over a decade at this point, poison and disease resistance are some of the first things I think of when I think of argonians, way more than their healing and tanking (??) abilities. Black Marsh well known for its poisonous everything. I mean IIRC argonians overall are just a very powerful race in general.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    they put no effort into Argonian passives and just nerfed everything without giving anything in return

I had two dollars. The other players had one. The devs took fifty cents from me and gave fifty cents to everyone else, and I didn't even get fifty cents back! wtf now I only have $1.50 while the other players have a whole $1.50!
    Edited by fullheartcontainer on March 11, 2019 3:50AM
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer players feel your pain..

This.
    It's saddening to have something you feel is important taken from your favourite race and / or character, and that has made your character feel less to you than what they were.

I fully agree with the above comment, that with each update the game becomes less and less of an Elder Scrolls game. It's incredibly upsetting to see a game & setting you've loved for many years just begin to be picked apart in bits by developers.
    EU / NA / PC
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    they put no effort into Argonian passives and just nerfed everything without giving anything in return

I had two dollars. The other players had one. The devs took fifty cents from me and gave fifty cents to everyone else, and I didn't even get fifty cents back! wtf now I only have $1.50 while the other players have a whole $1.50!

This analogy doesn't really work in this situation because the majority of races were more or less leveled with one another and only a handful of races needed any adjustment to them.

It looked more like this
    Nord = $1
    Orc/Bosmer/Khajiit/Breton/Imperial = $1.50
    Altmer/Dunmer/Redguard/Argonian = $2

Now it looks more like this
    Argonian =$0.75
    Nord = $1.25
    Bosmer/Redguard/Khajiit/Imperial = $1.50
    Altmer/Dunmer/Breton/Orc = $2
    Argonian forever
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Does saying it is an "open letter" make you feel it will get more attention from Zos? I would expect they see right through that. Especially since every thread is pretty much an open letter.

Pretty sure OP just wanted to make it look like the Bosmer stealth thread. Better to have one thread than multiple for the same thing right?
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure OP just wanted to make it look like the Bosmer stealth thread. Better to have one thread than multiple for the same thing right?

One way to call attention away from an issue is to needlessly criticize the presentation.......

Btw, Not you Koronach, the other ppl in the thread
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure that I get it right. You think to post that into Bosmer thread would be better?
    max_only wrote: »

One way to call attention away from an issue is to needlessly criticize the presentation.......

What can I say? I never thought that copying good ideas (in my opinion) is something bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Anyway, I'm sure even if my thread had a different name, some people would have found a way to argue round and round.
    Edited by Swergdach on March 11, 2019 5:02PM
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swergdach wrote: »

I'm not sure that I get it right. You think to post that into Bosmer thread would be better?
    max_only wrote: »

What can I say? I never thought that copying good ideas (in my opinion) is something bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Anyway, I'm sure even if my thread had a different name, some people would have found a way to argue round and round.

I meant you just wanted to make a thread similar to the Bosmer stealth thread for our poison resistance. That way everyone voicing frustration with this epic lore fail, can voice frustrations in here instead of making multiple different threads.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well send this up for the Console players who might be annoyed. Seriously add some resistance back to match the in game lore, I fail to see how this is OP.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. Having a bunch of races immune to both Disease AND Poison status effects was imbalanced.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. Having a bunch of races immune to both Disease AND Poison status effects was imbalanced.

Not asking for Immunity but some resistance back to match the actual in game lore. Argonians just got nerfed on everything, I doubt adding some poison resistance back would be OP.
    Edited by Koronach on March 12, 2019 1:39PM
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you know there is no such thing as balance. Who are we kidding here. You want an eutopian game and its not possible.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason for the change is because of all the crybabies in this game who wanted racial passive changes. "I told you so."

Devs would decimate some of youre precious passive. And now look at you all.
    Crying ans sniveling over all the nerfs.
    Lol. Omg. Its great to see. I think its great.
    Soon this game will become so generic there will be not much difference between anything.

Just keep crying.....
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    Well, now I just want to get at least some response from the developers on the current situation with the Argonians (and Bosmers). But I'm afraid there's no point in waiting for anything until Elsweyr comes out.
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭

Status effects? You read not carefully. We want just little extra poison resistance for Argonians to match the lore and quests, which was implemented in the game.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has poison immunity ever really.. mattered? nord frost resistance also barely matters. I think themed resistances are a relic of older mmos that just further limited what was viable or not (thinking WoW with fire /ice mages and stuff). doesn't mean i'm not upset too, i just don't see the point of making racial passives about it when they could get something more tangible that affects gameplay.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »
    has poison immunity ever really.. mattered? nord frost resistance also barely matters. I think themed resistances are a relic of older mmos that just further limited what was viable or not (thinking WoW with fire /ice mages and stuff). doesn't mean i'm not upset too, i just don't see the point of making racial passives about it when they could get something more tangible that affects gameplay.

Argonian's poison resistance stated in the game lore and in the quests. Did you read my original post? OK, fine, lets remove fire resistance from the Dark Elf and give him "something more tangible that affects gameplay". Or shall we throw away Spell Damage from High Elf cuz Dark Elf already have it? Do we still playing MMORPG or it become just MMO already? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯