The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Now guilds want 50k DPS parse on a 6M dummy: possible as magsorc?

Vahrokh
Vahrokh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As per the title.

I'd like to step up on my trials and join an hm VMoL guild. But they have these incredible requirements.

Anyone "human" (not Liko or similar) can produce a video proof that this is even possible as a magsorc?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a friend of mine just broke 60k on a 6 mil. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me posting the CMX here.

5302-BE51-4-BF6-4-F8-E-8688-92-F294679160.jpg
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: LuL wrong thread
    Edited by hakan on February 27, 2019 6:48PM
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a friend of mine just broke 60k on a 6 mil. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me posting the CMX here.

Interesting, mechanical acuity and siroria with Shadow mundus...
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And different guilds/raid teams have different requirements. Pretty much every level of play has raid guilds available
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm out of the PvE loop recently so might have missed sth, but why Acuity with Elemental Weapon instead of Force Pulse? Wouldn't uptime of Acuity be higher with the latter?
    EU | PC | AD
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

I'm out of the PvE loop recently so might have missed sth, but why Acuity with Elemental Weapon instead of Force Pulse? Wouldn't uptime of Acuity be higher with the latter?

That sounds right, Acuity would go from 20% to around 25%. Not sure if that outweighs the extra sustain and damage of Ele Weapon over Force Pulse. I have not tested any of this myself.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your guild is asking for 50k on a dummy for vmol? That is just sad. Im in a guild that runs vmol in 25-30 minutes with ease and 40k is more than enough. Vmol is hardly difficult enough to warrant that much dps.
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Anything above 40k dps is completely unnecessary for any content in ESO. Unless they are specifically going for leaderboard runs there isnt any need for that high dps.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Your guild is asking for 50k on a dummy for vmol? That is just sad. Im in a guild that runs vmol in 25-30 minutes with ease and 40k is more than enough. Vmol is hardly difficult enough to warrant that much dps.

Leaderboard runs. Wanting to reduce how many mechanics they see.

Besides, OP did not say the guild required that DPS for vMOL. He just said he wanted to do vMoL. The guild could require that for all raiders in general as any guild requiring 50k dps is probably working on newer content. We do not look to bring in people for just one trial.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He said vMoL hard mode, which does take about 50k from Magicka DPS for a pad 5 burn. You can do pad 7 with less, but that means sending 2 sets of runners since no cleanse pads in HM, and gets more risky.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wavek wrote: »
    Anything above 40k dps is completely unnecessary for any content in ESO. Unless they are specifically going for leaderboard runs there isnt any need for that high dps.

lol above 30k is MOOOOORE than enough for *everything* No lie.

But some guilds have higher requirements, for better scores, overall performance etc. Just don't join those particular guilds, or form your own.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But some guilds have higher requirements, for better scores, overall performance etc. Just don't join those particular guilds, or form your own.

Honestly no it isnt. 30k is probably too low to complete vas+2 or vcr+3. I missed where OP said vmol HM. I could understand an elitist guild asking for that.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly no it isnt. 30k is probably too low to complete vas+2 or vcr+3. I missed where OP said vmol HM. I could understand an elitist guild asking for that.

Well we can agree to disagree then I guess, because people were clearing those with that, (non cheaters) and only a bare few people were making 50k back then. We talk the 600ish CP days - and people were certainly clearing VMOL HM well before that. 25k dps was a thing when VMOL was new.

That said, I still also respect and understand why people want those numbers; but 50k is still a pretty elite ask.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He said vMoL hard mode, which does take about 50k from Magicka DPS for a pad 5 burn. You can do pad 7 with less, but that means sending 2 sets of runners since no cleanse pads in HM, and gets more risky.

Back in my day, we did lunar phase. (Yells in best old man voice while shaking fist at a passing cloud)
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    50k+ on magsorc is doable but will require much practice and knowledge of the class. Aerenel practices his rotation alot and is always seeking info and experimenting with new possibilities. He doesnt just follow meta, as you can see with him still running MA which hasnt been meta since around the time of summerset
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭

I'd say you technically can do it with 30k (everyone at or above that) but I don't blame a guild for wanting higher. 50k is just pushing it.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in my day, we did lunar phase. (Yells in best old man voice while shaking fist at a passing cloud)

When my group got Fang Focused...I think only 2 of our group had ever seen Lunar Phase...

Edited by sevomd69 on February 27, 2019 9:01PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »

When my group got Fang Focused...I think only 2 of our group had ever seen Lunar Phase...

I would bet 90% of the people that got HM for the first time within the last year have not seen lunar phase, and if they did, the raid leader was shouting, "wipe it up."'

Our first HM clear (we were 3rd or 4th on PC/NA i think), we sent a back group 4 times. 30k was pretty big DPS back in those days. So while yes it can be done with around that much DPS, I much prefer a pad 5 burn. haha
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would bet 90% of the people that got HM for the first time within the last year have not seen lunar phase, and if they did, the raid leader was shouting, "wipe it up."'

Our first HM clear (we were 3rd or 4th on PC/NA i think), we sent a back group 4 times. 30k was pretty big DPS back in those days. So while yes it can be done with around that much DPS, I much prefer a pad 5 burn. haha

You are probably right but mostly because the raid leader had not prepped them and their reasoning might have been they understood the challenge the group would have had in lunar would have been to much.

But again, the OP does not state the guild has the DPS requirement for vMoL HM. Just that OP wants to clear vMoL. My bet is the guild they have talked to has that requirement for all raiders.

It seems many are confusing the dps requirement is what the guild has for vMoL HM. After all, if they do require 50k DPS they are working on vCR+X and likely +2 and 3.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Oreyn_Bearclaw I remember the days of Lunar being the norm, but by the time I did my first HM (OotB days) pad 7 was achievable.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

You are probably right but mostly because the raid leader had not prepped them and their reasoning might have been they understood the challenge the group would have had in lunar would have been to much.

But again, the OP does not state the guild has the DPS requirement for vMoL HM. Just that OP wants to clear vMoL. My bet is the guild they have talked to has that requirement for all raiders.

It seems many are confusing the dps requirement is what the guild has for vMoL HM. After all, if they do require 50k DPS they are working on vCR+X and likely +2 and 3.

Well, hm vMOL guilds are more or less those that also do vCR + 2/3 and so on.

The problem that most in this thread don't see, is that over the years the guilds have split:

- Guilds with low requirements (the 30k so much mentioned in this thread) either don't even try hm vMOL / vHOF / vCR + X / vAS + X, or try and fail until they stop or lose plenty of players. Yes, 30k is enough to do a lot of stuff, yes you could do lunar phase but... those guilds that take 30k players are just not committed enough to actually try those harder trials.
    Yes, it sucks, yes blah blah, but it's just how it goes.

- Guilds actually doing hm vMOL and similar heavily select players and just leave out "offspecs" and similar. Yes, they could do hm whatever with 30k etc. etc. but they just don't want to.

So, if you are not hard core, even if you know 30k could be enough, you still won't find anybody willing to do those encounters with such parameters.

End result: someone who cannot play hard core (or cannot solo parse 50k) but would still want to do those encounters, won't. Now, I am sure the next guy will showoff his hm vMOL guild happy to do that trial with 20k DPS guys, but that's beyond uncommon.

ojltQgP.jpg
    Edited by Vahrokh on February 28, 2019 1:11AM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they can only complete the HM with 50k dps :D
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Maybe they can only complete the HM with 50k dps :D

Not really. 50k DPS is not required because they want high DPS, but because those who can achieve 50k DPS prove they are well geared, skilled and dedicated enough to be of good value for a top guild.
    It's a sort of "second guild application" check.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

Well, hm vMOL guilds are more or less those that also do vCR + 2/3 and so on.

The problem that most in this thread don't see, is that over the years the guilds have split:

- Guilds with low requirements (the 30k so much mentioned in this thread) either don't even try hm vMOL / vHOF / vCR + X / vAS + X, or try and fail until they stop or lose plenty of players. Yes, 30k is enough to do a lot of stuff, yes you could do lunar phase but... those guilds that take 30k players are just not committed enough to actually try those harder trials.
    Yes, it sucks, yes blah blah, but it's just how it goes.

- Guilds actually doing hm vMOL and similar heavily select players and just leave out "offspecs" and similar. Yes, they could do hm whatever with 30k etc. etc. but they just don't want to.

So, if you are not hard core, even if you know 30k could be enough, you still won't find anybody willing to do those encounters with such parameters.

End result: someone who cannot play hard core (or cannot solo parse 50k) but would still want to do those encounters, won't. Now, I am sure the next guy will showoff his hm vMOL guild happy to do that trial with 20k DPS guys, but that's beyond uncommon.

Which I have pointed out in this thread that OP is not saying the guild set a requirement for vMoL HM is 50k. Just that OP is wanting to clear vMoL HM.

So I can only assume you are agreeing with me since I have basically said what you said. Myself, I am in 3 tiers of guilds. Heavy raiding, I also run with what some call a training guild and in a social guild I do visit some.

The raiding guild has requirements more in line with what OP has stated. I do not know how they work the requirements in the training guild since I do not have to be concerned with it, but they do struggle with vHoF but can clear vMoL, but not HM That is in line with what you said. Their requirement are much lower I would expect, but great people.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS just makes everything easier. The lower the DPS the more chances are there for mistakes to happen, the more mechanics have to be dealt with and so on. You can do everything with 30k sure, but at the end of the day that might be whats holding a raidgroup back.

In a raid it's about the group and not the individuals. The desire to play non meta builds or not practice rotations is just selfish. Especially in progression. The whole point is to clear content quickly and efficient so of course raidleaders will look for people that easier help them do that. It's their responsibility towards their raidgroup.

The whole point of asking for high dummy parses is to make sure that you find someone with the mindset to hit those numbers. Someone who practices, invests time and cares about being a good player. The number itself is totally secondary.

In a raid you want people with similar mindset. If everyone wants to play non meta that can certainly be done and nobody will mind it. But if you mix people who genuinely want to clear content and work on improving as players with people who just want to play whatever they have the most fun with and that don't care as much you will have discontent sooner or later.
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got my hm clear doing pad 7 burn. Our group dps was just shy of enough for a pad 5 and so we need 2 grohps of runners. Coordinating runners and kiters is hardest part of vmol hm aside from tanking imo
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ofc 50k is possible, 50k selfbuff i don’t think so.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@WrathOfInnos
    You know what jewelry traits were used here, and was that totally self buffed? His mean and max magic are close enough that I am guessing he has bound armor on both bars (or neither). Just wondering where he has room for Ele drain. I am topping out in the low 50s running my own drain, but I seem to be doing better with spell strat than mech acuity. Wondering if I am missing something.
    Ofc 50k is possible, 50k selfbuff i don’t think so.
    @LeagueTroll

50k on 6mil is definitely possible self buffed on a mSorc.

Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on March 1, 2019 5:35AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As per the title.

I'd like to step up on my trials and join an hm VMoL guild. But they have these incredible requirements.

Anyone "human" (not Liko or similar) can produce a video proof that this is even possible as a magsorc?

Got a vmol run this Sunday on PC NA that has room for dps at 40k with my raid guild. If you or others like to join pm me.
    Edited by Tasear on March 1, 2019 5:59AM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    As per the title.

Got a vmol run this Sunday on PC NA that has room for dps at 40k with my raid guild. If you or others like to join pm me.

Would love to join, but I am un EU :p
    Edited by Vahrokh on March 1, 2019 1:26PM
This discussion has been closed.