The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Let Cleave/Carve (2h) proc enchantments from offbar

validifyedneb18_ESO
validifyedneb18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Please. ZOS.

Im so damn tired of using a bow. And I know vMA bow will remain easy BIS even after this change. But it will make 2h slightly more viable, for the times I want a "good enough for vet" build without resorting to pure meta.

It was such a seemingly innocent change to nerf the enchantment proccing to make them only proc from AOE DOTs but hard-locked bow backbar meta is the cold reality.

I know a lot of people want 2h to be better for frontbar, but back bar 2h is where its at. Free us from the shackles of bow builds.
EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with allowing single target DoTs to proc enchants is that once they are applied, the enchant procs multiple times until the effect either ends or is purged. They are not escapable as ground based DoTs are.

For the brief amount of time that single target DoTs did proc enchants, it was a PVP nightmare, where bleed and poison builds ruled all.

Each cast of one of these abilities would proc the enchant up to 3x if the weapon were infused, allowing for insane amounts of fire-and-forget burst potential when utilized with damage enchants.

Edit: But I agree the bow back bar meta is too unchallengable. Perhaps allowing strictly buff/debuff enchants to proc from single target DoTs could do the trick, but I feel it is unlikely for ZOS to implement something like this as it would be adding inconsistency in the enchantment procedure.
    Edited by twing1_ on February 27, 2019 2:29AM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twing1_ wrote: »
    The problem with allowing single target DoTs to proc enchants is that once they are applied, the enchant procs multiple times until the effect either ends or is purged. They are not escapable as ground based DoTs are.

For the brief amount of time that single target DoTs did proc enchants, it was a PVP nightmare, where bleed and poison builds ruled all.

Each cast of one of these abilities would proc the enchant up to 3x if the weapon were infused, allowing for insane amounts of fire-and-forget burst potential when utilized with damage enchants.

Edit: But I agree the bow back bar meta is too unchallengable. Perhaps allowing strictly buff/debuff enchants to proc from single target DoTs could do the trick, but I feel it is unlikely for ZOS to implement something like this as it would be adding inconsistency in the enchantment procedure.

Yeah I remember the problems from the unavoidable dot. It was pretty nice lol.

But yeah, heck even a 2h AOE DOT, while a fairly contrived concept, would allow for this. People are always complaining that many of the 2h skills are useless, and this game has magic so who says there cant be a AOE DOT for 2h.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    twing1_ wrote: »

Yeah I remember the problems from the unavoidable dot. It was pretty nice lol.

But yeah, heck even a 2h AOE DOT, while a fairly contrived concept, would allow for this. People are always complaining that many of the 2h skills are useless, and this game has magic so who says there cant be a AOE DOT for 2h.

If I recall correctly, blade cloak still procs back bar enchants, so if you were really determined you could back bar dw and front bar 2h for the sake of variety.

But then you would be losing out on the benefits of having dw on the front bar... It's pretty ugly, but doable I guess.