The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This is allarming - Sieges

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
Is allarming that people prefer to have weapons which can instantly melt opponents instead of fighting them.

Sieges aren't meant to kill everything on their sight
Sieges are meant to break walls and other sieges. To control areas but not INSTANTLY DECIMATE EVERYTHING

I say this becouse now, on live, a group that is outnumbered will INEVITABLY die to at least 10 fire balistas firing at the same time ticking for 10k each.

This game is getting too casual.
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave siege the way it is. Please. This is significantly reducing lag by sending all the baddie ball groups back to resurrect.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the thing is that siege before this update is a joke you might kill someone with 5 fire ballistas if there AFK for too long a small buff to siege would be a welcomed one
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is very ugly. Before this bug you could see one or two players setting up the siege trying to fight unstoppable zerg groups. Now the zerg players set up the siege to fight solo players.

Also taking empty keeps and then farming it from the top with lots of oils is a thing too now. I guess the AP gain is huge as they increased the defense AP bonus according to the patch notes.
    Edited by Didgerion on February 27, 2019 2:19AM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it where siege has friendly fire. Then people will be more selective about firing one-shot siege around.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it where siege has friendly fire. Then people will be more selective about firing one-shot siege around.

You underestimate the troll mentality of many players
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got knocked off my mount by 2 players and one of them immediately started setting up a ballista while his friend tried to distract me lol. What a fun new way to fight, but with the damage them things deal I wouldn't be surprised if I see it more.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »

You underestimate the troll mentality of many players

SHH! Don't spoil the surprise!

As for the rest of the thread, I hope siege stays how it is now. I didn't get to use any, but it was refreshing to see people actually do something in Cyrodiil besides zerging around. This made Cyrodiil great again.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's more alarming is how many people get carried by meta and don't realize it.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's more alarming is how many people get carried by meta and don't realize it.

Agreed. So many people getting carried by seige right now.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

Siege isn't the most efficient tactic, it's back to being effective in busting up potato bowls.

Easiest way to not die in a fire is.. not being in the fire to begin with.

But hey, if y'all need to spin to win + dbos, I'd like a picture of everyone holding Wheelers pocket.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Siege isn't the most efficient tactic, it's back to being effective in busting up potato bowls.

But hey, if y'all need to spin to win + dbos, I'd like a picture of everyone holding Wheelers pocket.

Lol I'm not scared of the meta. I have no qualms running what I run and witb whom I run with. I use troll king very frequently. If you believe that is carrying me that's an ok opinion. I could challenge you to a duel to prove skill in whatever you say isnt meta, but I use meta sets most time I play. So that wouldn't really do much in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: Two tanks shooting cold fire siege at each other sounds effective. I may try it. It would likely kill pugs and people who are desperate for a kill, but it seems kinda boring.
    Edited by TBois on February 27, 2019 4:14AM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I'm not scared of the meta. I have no qualms running what I run and witb whom I run with. I use troll king very frequently. If you believe that is carrying me that's an ok opinion. I could challenge you to a duel to prove skill in whatever you say isnt meta, but I use meta sets most time I play. So that wouldn't really do much in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: Two tanks shooting cold fire siege at each other sounds effective. I may try it. It would likely kill pugs and people who are desperate for a kill, but it seems kinda boring.

If you aren't carried by meta, then you aren't apart of the potato bowl are ya? So siege will not effect you.

If you find two tanks shooting each other with siege, be sure to shoot them both and record it.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're going to fix it, and they should. Don't get me wrong.

50K siege damage is hella broken yes, but I am enjoying it for a few days. It's really really funny, don't get so bent out of shape. Laugh a little.

The question that remains, shouldn't we buff siege just a little bit more so that people stop standing in it with earthgore and warden heals? I'm sure most people who aren't warden healers wearing earthgore would agree.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    They're going to fix it, and they should. Don't get me wrong.

50K siege damage is hella broken yes, but I am enjoying it for a few days. It's really really funny, don't get so bent out of shape. Laugh a little.

The question that remains, shouldn't we buff siege just a little bit more so that people stop standing in it with earthgore and warden heals? I'm sure most people who aren't warden healers wearing earthgore would agree.

What I find so sad is everyone is so quickly riding the abuse train. Just like when enchants were broken some months ago. You can say it’s “fun” and call it a day. I think it’s a symptom of how Cyrodiil has degraded when people aren’t even trying to fight you but frantically put their ballista down instead.

I can’t speak to CP campaigns, but noCP didn’t need any buffs to siege at all.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭

LoL so mad at the dbos+spin to win "meta". Have you tried blocking the DB? You can see the glowing sword animation and block the damage. I can make a video tutorial for you, always glad to help new players.

That's why I love BGs so much, people that usually zerg and place siege are getting farmed in there.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege is also for defense and while attacking you just lift you shoulders and carry on most of the times. That aint right plus CP does so much damage mitigation a buff it correct to apply.

#MakeSiegeMoreMeaningfull
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS. the buff now is to much but increased damage in CP campaign long overdue
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's the other way around. Those who don't have a pockert healer w/ earthgore had it already hard to stand in oil. At least in no cp. If you can facetank oils in CP, then the issue might lies elsewhere...

If you aren't carried by meta, then you aren't apart of the potato bowl are ya? So siege will not effect you.

"Siege will not effect you." Ha, good laugh. Wait till the "potato bowls" are sieging small scalers and soloers.
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet the people defending this "awesome" power don't even enter PVP once a week. They will from now on thou.
    I've read some mind blowing bull excrement in all the posts about the siege, people that defend this and some of them consider themselves 1/2vx ers or smallscallers (in 10+man groups thou). Disgusting

I play in groups of 2 (no personal earthgore'er, no personal healing spring'er, or what ever the meta of "smallscale" is these days) and its already hard to survive in a 2v10+. So no i dont have time to try to stop or kill the tank setting up a cold fire ballista. And we dont fight like most sorcs and nb do these days (we are neither of that classes), as soon as u are fighting equal numbers, u streak/cloak away till the next keep.

44k damage is ***. U might as well make light attacks hit for 15k DOTs, its the same thing.

Anyways, my constructive suggestion would be: add 2 new passives to the alliance war skill lines. One would do 20% damage more on players WHILE IN RANGE OF A KEEP (NOT RESOURCES) -- obviously 20% increase from the values from the last path. And one do 20% more damage against siege and walls while in range of a keep.

This way a ballista in the middle of the field while already fighting outnumber wont obliterate u and zergs would die really fast if they try to zerg down a keep ("reduce the lag" --aham)

• TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the other way around. Those who don't have a pockert healer w/ earthgore had it already hard to stand in oil. At least in no cp. If you can facetank oils in CP, then the issue might lies elsewhere...

"Siege will not effect you." Ha, good laugh. Wait till the "potato bowls" are sieging small scalers and soloers.

Let them, waste that GCD and time it takes to set up shop. By the time it's down most people will los it.
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭

Let them, waste that GCD and time it takes to set up shop. By the time it's down most people will los it.

Dude stop with the "waste of GCD to set up siege" arguments, its a bad argument. he's going to do 45k damage for those 2 GCD. How do you plan to LOS? get your nikes on, and run as far as u can until noone follows you? and then go back to try to kill them only for the scenario to repeat itself? Do you ever kill anything?

These arguments are ..............
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »
    I bet the people defending this "awesome" power don't even enter PVP once a week. They will from now on thou.
    I've read some mind blowing bull excrement in all the posts about the siege, people that defend this and some of them consider themselves 1/2vx ers or smallscallers (in 10+man groups thou). Disgusting

I play in groups of 2 (no personal earthgore'er, no personal healing spring'er, or what ever the meta of "smallscale" is these days) and its already hard to survive in a 2v10+. So no i dont have time to try to stop or kill the tank setting up a cold fire ballista. And we dont fight like most sorcs and nb do these days (we are neither of that classes), as soon as u are fighting equal numbers, u streak/cloak away till the next keep.

44k damage is ***. U might as well make light attacks hit for 15k DOTs, its the same thing.

Anyways, my constructive suggestion would be: add 2 new passives to the alliance war skill lines. One would do 20% damage more on players WHILE IN RANGE OF A KEEP (NOT RESOURCES) -- obviously 20% increase from the values from the last path. And one do 20% more damage against siege and walls while in range of a keep.

This way a ballista in the middle of the field while already fighting outnumber wont obliterate u and zergs would die really fast if they try to zerg down a keep ("reduce the lag" --aham)

lol I defend it, play once/twice a week and still find the time to avoid ground based spells. Then again I am a magplar so I purge the dots+BOL and move. If only there was some unnerfed way of "eating curses" ;). Also if a siege fighter wants to sit on a siege, great! That is one less target trying to zerg my ass with light attack/cc spam; makes it easier to pull 1v2/3 fights off on the side.

Fact is, I really enjoyed playing at 9:30pm on patch drop, fully loaded keep fight on a poplocked campaign but minimal lag compared to Murkmire in the same scenario/time slot. If "OP" siege was the catalyst, forcing people to spread out at keeps, it deserves to be reviewed (which is why Gina said they are discussing what to do). Don't create a narrative otherwise to distract it from this paragraph, because we all experienced the same drop in lag.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

lol I defend it, play once/twice a week and still find the time to avoid ground based spells. Then again I am a magplar so I purge the dots+BOL and move. If only there was some unnerfed way of "eating curses" ;). Also if a siege fighter wants to sit on a siege, great! That is one less target trying to zerg my ass with light attack/cc spam; makes it easier to pull 1v2/3 fights off on the side.

Fact is, I really enjoyed playing at 9:30pm on patch drop, fully loaded keep fight on a poplocked campaign but minimal lag compared to Murkmire in the same scenario/time slot. If "OP" siege was the catalyst, forcing people to spread out at keeps, it deserves to be reviewed (which is why Gina said they are discussing what to do). Don't create a narrative otherwise to distract it from this paragraph, because we all experienced the same drop in lag.

This is the same problem it's always been, people can't make the argument so they turn it into a moral imposition in which they demand is crafted and catered to their standard, it's not even an argument just tantrum on the forum. Victimhood and entitlement is over.

ESO has done that for 5 years. Time for physics and mechanical based arguments.
  • afonik
    afonik
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's possible to get the best of both worlds:
    Keep the old damage if only 1 player is hit but increase it by a factor if more than one player is hit.
    This would provide solo survivability but also a fair tool to deal with giant 'skilled' ball groups.
    Edited by afonik on February 27, 2019 3:43PM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude stop with the "waste of GCD to set up siege" arguments, its a bad argument. he's going to do 45k damage for those 2 GCD. How do you plan to LOS? get your nikes on, and run as far as u can until noone follows you? and then go back to try to kill them only for the scenario to repeat itself? Do you ever kill anything?

These arguments are ..............

The ballista bolt has a fixed trajectory. That's not an argument, that's game physics.

The burden of getting out of the way falls on the players, if a player dies that's their fault. What do you want the game to say, "Move out of big enemy circle!"? Because it already implies that.

Quit being entitled victims.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afonik wrote: »
    I think it's possible to get the best of both worlds:
    Keep the old damage if only 1 player is hit but increase it by a factor if more than one player is hit.
    This would provide solo survivability but also a fair tool to deal with giant 'skilled' ball groups.

That would be the more logical fix. But then it's calculating for x players in the area and likely a culprit for lag causing equations.

Siege that only cause direct hits, should hit for ALOT. but damage over time components, should be returned to pre-WS levels (oils, fire). And special effect causing siege will need to be adjusted now that nerfs to movement are finalized.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    False Kings.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will kill you 1v1 with siege. Come at me and eat some fire balista bolts son.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at the people with the don't stand in red argument. If you zerglings jumped off the wall once and awhile to help then you would know the red circles only render about 20% of the time.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Lol at the people with the don't stand in red argument. If you zerglings jumped off the wall once and awhile to help then you would know the red circles only render about 20% of the time.

If the game isn't rendering properly you might want to bring that up.

If you do not understand the games physics and how human perception works and what's required to build a game, then learn.