Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

New “amplitude” passive

n0she1teR
n0she1teR
✭✭
Console player here... can any PC Stam Sorc players talk about how they feel the new passive is in PvP? I’m aggressively theorycrafting some ideas for my Stam Sorc but wanted to get a general consensus to if the extra burst is noticed at all, and how losing the auto execute has effected your play.
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    I don't notice it at all. Zero. None. I do notice targets at lower health surviving when they wouldn't have been. I hope this information has been helpful to you.
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't notice it at all. Zero. None. I do notice targets at lower health surviving when they wouldn't have been. I hope this information has been helpful to you.

I haven't noticed a change either. Maybe I will over time. The way the passive is presented makes it seem like a huge damage increase though. If im at full health and cast a proc'd Crystal frag and a Dragonknight uses flappy wings does the increased damage apply to me? Hmmmm
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s only a buff for full health dawnbreaker burst. In general I think it’s a poor change for stam sorcs but potentially could be great against squishy people.

I would’ve preferred if it increased your damage starting at 40-50 percent health.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took out my Sword-Singer dizzy swing build with a 22k berserker rage tooltip expecting to smack people up pretty good with those first hits.

Went back to my bleed build stamblade and am back to playing around with my stamplar. I could dent people good but had trouble finishing then off.

Might work with a high pressure dot build but it made burst builds even worse.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed much difference (Did some PvP with a 4 man.), but I was using executioner to finish ppl.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt notice anything good at the beginning

Did notice the players are harder to kill due to lack of implosion

Not a huge drama but certainly a nerf where we dont need one
    Edited by Morgul667 on February 27, 2019 12:20AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    I haven't noticed much difference (Did some PvP with a 4 man.), but I was using executioner to finish ppl.

I got hit by a 12K executioner in BG while wearing Heavy Armor with Major Evasion and hurricane . Got me surprised
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

I got hit by a 12K executioner in BG while wearing Heavy Armor with Major Evasion and hurricane . Got me surprised

That does seem like a lot in a heavy armor setup, but I do want to mention that evasion would have no affect on executioner.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

That does seem like a lot in a heavy armor setup, but I do want to mention that evasion would have no affect on executioner.

True

Still is the first time I see that kind of number on my death recap

Edited by Morgul667 on February 27, 2019 12:19AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Havent noticed it, to be honest ten percent isn't that much. It's 600 damage on a 6K skill initial hit, and it only drops off from there.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could probably be better if they reworked Stam sorcs at some point but I won’t hold my breath. On magicka sorc it did feel a bit easier to start tearing in to higher health targets. Low health targets didn’t feel as different and squishes still explode.
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets face it, it will hardly ever deal 10% extra damage as a hurricane tick hitting first will drop the dmg to 9%.

Implosion was a much nicer passive for sorc, but it was understandable that people would be upset by a RNG death when they could have dodge rolled 3 times whilst troll king reset the fight.

Could have made it a lightning version of burning light, except for the fact stam sorcs only have one sorc dmg ability. You don't hear complaints about burning light procs though.

That said, stam sorcs are still a lot of fun!
    Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't tested it yet but at a glance, functionally it's probably in the same ballpark, but neither were or are particularly gamebreaking.

Before it was a small % chance of auto execute (which was actually best used by stacking lightning with physical damage - giving you a 12% chance to get 1 implosion, and a 0.36% chance to get 2 implosions). But because of its rng nature and the tight window of circumstances, it was only useful when you hit a player hard enough with burst that they would immediately fall to the execute range (effectively giving a small chance to burst them to death upon contact). In controlled situations where fights are more drawn out, it was essentially a free random execute supplanting the need to actually cast an execute (so not really particularly special - other than the occasional situation where you maybe could not hit an opponent actively with an execute, but some passive effect like bleed or hurricane would cause it to go off).

Now it guarantees extra damage always but at less significant times. It's beneficial to have more damage, but it isn't giving any kick when you actually need it.

So as I see it, before it was super helpful but rarely occured, but now it happens always and is only sort of barely helpful. It's basically a lateral move. The difference is, implosion provided a much higher burst potential, which I think provided more valuable builds.
    Edited by Cathexis on March 4, 2019 9:45AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean they aren't spontaneous combusting for 6k damage because their pinky finger touched your hurricane? It's a shame that.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still havent found it usefull yet

I dont mean its bad, I mean its a loss compared to implosion synergy with bleeds and dots bleeds

Not game breaker but stamsorc does not need that
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    I mean we didn't need more, or less, damage right? Implosion only really was useful vs vampires, otherwise my burst tended to overlap the implosion window to begin with. (haunting curse stam morph when? I too want to atleast be able to line up burst.)

My only question is, does Amplitude work on fully shielded magplayers, imo it should. it probably doesnt.
    Edited by Liww on March 4, 2019 10:08AM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liww wrote: »
    I mean we didn't need more, or less, damage right? Implosion only really was useful vs vampires, otherwise my burst tended to overlap the implosion window to begin with. (haunting curse stam morph when? I too want to atleast be able to line up burst.)

My only question is, does Amplitude work on fully shielded magplayers, imo it should. it probably doesnt.

If it works like other executes, which I'm assuming it does, then it should work on shielded targets.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    I love the new changes. Just adapt bro.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This was a good change for the game. Implosion was essentially a free proc set.

Amplitude seems good but it should be 10% bonus damage from 80% to 100% health.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To be honest, implosion was nerfed due to hysterics linked to bleed builds. I guess next they'll be yelling to nerf Templar burning light passives, which is 25% chance, and comparable damage. Magicka sorc just doesn't have the play style or dots to consistently rely on implosion.

I like Amplitude though. It averages out to getting someone to execute range 6% faster, and a 10% bump is nice on the open.

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

To be honest, implosion was nerfed due to hysterics linked to bleed builds. I guess next they'll be yelling to nerf Templar burning light passives, which is 25% chance, and comparable damage. Magicka sorc just doesn't have the play style or dots to consistently rely on implosion.

I like Amplitude though. It averages out to getting someone to execute range 6% faster, and a 10% bump is nice on the open.

Bleeds were crucial though it was not just bleeds, but also Hurricane and Quick Cloak. You proc'ed a lot of free physical dmg as a stamsorc by applying Bloodcraze with axes and just standing close to your target. When the target dropped into the execute range, the passive could proc almost as often as Skoria does for Mag DKs.

It's a good change tbh, it's a boost to MagSorc for the reason you mentioned. We mostly use firestaves anyway and the only lightning attack we often deploy is the execute itself.

Stamsorc does seem a bit nerfed though, I felt the loss of execute dmg in BGs.
    EU | PC | AD
  • citats
    citats
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed any increase in damage.
    I was running executioner before this patch anyways so I haven't noticed any increase in the difficulty of finishing off low hp enemies either.
    Assuming this passive is actually working (which I haven't tested), I think the basic idea of a passive reverse execute for stamsorc is actually a cool idea.
    Edited by citats on March 4, 2019 10:54PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a bad change for PvP in my opinion and I really don't like it at all. Yes, Implosion was random but it was very effective in killing off targets. Amplitude is not due to the very clunky nature of HP going back and forth in PvP and a reverse execute seems barely useful.

You think 10% is much but when are the full 10% applying? It would be better overall if it would really be an Amplitude, e.g. has it's high points at around > 85% and < 15% health and is the weakest at 50% enemy HP.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liww wrote: »
    I mean we didn't need more, or less, damage right? Implosion only really was useful vs vampires, .

Saying the old Implosion was only good against Vampires is like saying Assault Rifles are only good against unarmored targets in a modern context. Alas, > 50% of the serious players in Cyro are stage 4 Vamps who will start mist forming around a stone if you even stare at them for too long, and the other 40% are doing the same just with Trollking and Dodgeroll.

Implosion was hated by them because of this, and since StamSorcs are a tiny minority who have no lobby at ZOS, it was only a logical decision to balance the skill in a way all the other classes and most MagSorcs are happy with it.

I have noticed that the already small StamSorc population in Cyro has dwindled further since the patch (Although mainly due to the fact that guild groups have replaced them with Wardens or MagSorcs), and this is the consequence of 2 consecutive main patches which took things away from our class without offering anything to compensate.
    Edited by Thraben on March 5, 2019 11:01AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Amksed1991
    Amksed1991
    ✭✭✭
    As a Stam Sorc main, I am a little disappointed in the change.

I feel like it's absolutely garbage as of right now especially vs shield spamming classes.

When I had Hurricane/Implosion and was trying to finish off someone at low health just spamming shields, that proc helped.

I don't know what change should happen but I do know that 10% damage is kind of lame. I feel like maybe we should do 10% more damage at 100% health and increase it to 25% more damage the lower the health they get.
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    Just ZoS taking something else away from Stamsorcs.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    You mean they aren't spontaneous combusting for 6k damage because their pinky finger touched your hurricane? It's a shame that.

Yeah because whatever class and style you play is totally cheese free...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD