The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I CAN NOT PLAY THE GAME ANYMORE

ankeor
ankeor
✭✭✭✭✭
So I has been 2 weeks. The game logs me out of the loading screens or gets me stucked in it. I don't know why but all of a sudden I have this problem. I was afraid to relog, tp another map, do dungeons-trials or even go into a delve because any loading screen you can imagine had high chance to log me out and I could not login to the game for hours up to a day. I hoped that after the patch it might get fixed. But nope. I could reach character selection menu on 2 out of 14-15 attempts, never get in the game. So I decied to uninstal the game compeletely and reinstall it to see what happens. I turned out it was ok... for half an hour. Now it is the same and I gave up. I don't know what causes this. I came to home after a vacation and maybe it is about location or something but I have been playing this game here my home for more than a year already. So what do I do? Any suggestions? Anyone who had the same problem? Any solution?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: What I did already;

I tried to repair the game, did not work.
Tried to delete add-ons, did not work. But it logs me out even before the character menu so I don't think it is add-on related anyway.
Tried uninstall latest win10 updates, did not work. Reupdated, did not work.
Updated the drivers, did not work.
Reinstalled the game, did not work.
Reinstalled Steam, did not work.
Reinstalled Windows, did not work.

Also I don't use firewall/antivirus or VPN
Edited by ankeor on March 5, 2019 3:27PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps traveller some more details might assist those wiser than this one in helping you?

Where are you located?

Your magic box specifications?

Are you running firewalls or virus checkers that mighty be causing the issue?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you run a repair? I downloaded the update, ran a repair, then updated my add ons and it’s helped.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have re-installed the game, it sounds like a network related issue. Change network hardware like router/firewall if you have a spare. Has it ever worked on the location you are in, can't really tell if you're in a new place or not.

And dat topic...
    7d37b5e7f52e603b33a0c740cbb54a6358a11cfcf78780ba46f555d32768a369.jpg
    EU PC
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in Karabuk, a small city in Turkey. Been playing the game here for 15 month or so. A month ago I went to visit my family. 2 weeks ago I came back. First day the game was normal but the 2nd day this started and got worse each day.

Edited by ankeor on February 26, 2019 9:22AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta give us more details, what have you tried to remedy the issue?
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Tried to delete add-ons, did not work. But it logs me out even before the character menu so I don't think it is add-on related anyway.
    Tried uninstall latest win10 updates, did not work.
    Reinstall the game, did not work.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ankeor wrote: »

As mentioned above, what about firewalls? Are you sure that ESO and Launcher are allowed through? How’s your router firmware? Up to date? Has anything been changed recently?
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As mentioned above, what about firewalls? Are you sure that ESO and Launcher are allowed through? How’s your router firmware? Up to date? Has anything been changed recently?

I have no firewalls or virus checkers. And it is not like I can never get in the game. Because I login to the game and play it for a while. But out of nowhere after 1-2 hours(sometimes less sometimes more) if i get into a loading screen 4 out of 5 times I am either stuck in the loading screen or it logs me out. Sometimes I can login back, sometimes I can not because it logs me out over and over and over.
    Edited by ankeor on February 26, 2019 9:46AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no firewalls or virus checkers. And it is not like I can never get in the game. Because I login to the game and play it for a while. But out of nowhere after 1-2 hours(sometimes less sometimes more) if i get into a loading screen 4 out of 5 times I am either stuck in the loading screen or it logs me out. Sometimes I can login back, sometimes I can not because it logs me out over and over and over.

Go into your router and check to make sure you don’t have IPv6 activated. Also, do you use a VPN of any kind? What server/platform are you on and what country are you located in?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you use bug catcher addon? It caused me a lot of troubles on loadscreens since a few weeks. Try disabling it.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go into your router and check to make sure you don’t have IPv6 activated. Also, do you use a VPN of any kind? What server/platform are you on and what country are you located in?

I have IPv4 activated not IPv6. I do not VPN at all. I play on PC/EU from Turkey.
    Do you use bug catcher addon? It caused me a lot of troubles on loadscreens since a few weeks. Try disabling it.

Well It happens even before character menu. Like sometimes I press login, it goes into loading screen then logs out by itself after 30 sec. And I tried it after reinstalling the game without add-ons, and it is the same.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Run a repair, delete any addons you're using, make sure your firewall/antivirus software isn't blocking the game by adding ESO to the exceptions list, turn off background programs using task manager.
    Edited by srfrogg23 on February 26, 2019 12:49PM
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    Run a repair, delete any addons you're using, make sure your firewall/antivirus software isn't blocking the game by adding ESO to the exceptions list, turn off background programs using task manager.

Uhh. I guess I have edit the thread.
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    It may be hard to diagnose if it not happening constantly.

Maybe try a tracert? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30903/~/how-do-i-do-a-pathping-and-tracert-to-the-servers-to-test-my-connection?

Only other thing I can recommend is playing with Wireshark running, you may then see the error.
    Edited by dan958 on February 26, 2019 1:14PM
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dan958 wrote: »

Maybe try a tracert? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30903/~/how-do-i-do-a-pathping-and-tracert-to-the-servers-to-test-my-connection?

Only other thing I can recommend is playing with Wireshark running, you may then see the error.

Yeah one of my friends recommended the same but there was no error.
    Btw at right this moments I am in the game. No problem, no nothing whatsoever. Let's see how long will it last.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in Karabuk, a small city in Turkey. Been playing the game here for 15 month or so. A month ago I went to visit my family. 2 weeks ago I came back. First day the game was normal but the 2nd day this started and got worse each day.

Blame erdogan 😂
    Seems very fishy that as soon as you got bck it aint working anymore ^^
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blame erdogan 😂
    Seems very fishy that as soon as you got bck it aint working anymore ^^

LOL! I blame him for Daedric Invasion. You know what it is, the real one.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dan958 wrote: »

Yeah one of my friends recommended the same but there was no error.
    Btw at right this moments I am in the game. No problem, no nothing whatsoever. Let's see how long will it last.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!! Got stuck in loading screen, re-launched the game, got kicked out of loading screen before character menu. It was a fun 1 hour.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds, in a non technical sense, like your router may need a swift kick somewhere unconformable yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try a routing service like Mudfish? It’s free to download and data is super cheap to try.

It could also be a DHCP renewal thing? Idk much about that but know it can cause issues. Is your router pretty old?
    Edited by Vapirko on February 26, 2019 3:46PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "I don't use firewall/antivirus" is that normally, or just for testing? If you never use those things then your computer is highly likely to be compromised and this may well hinder gameplay.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disable addons?
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    are you using wifi or direct cable?

• BrokenString
    BrokenString
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that might work is reinstalling windows, worth a shot I guess
  • CJduthierwb17_ESO
    Guys For NZ/Au players should really stand up and star petitioning for a AU/Pacific Server the game is completely unplayable i have tried thrice to get support to assist, so much as providing incredibly detailed Support Troubleshooting from changing even the hops that NZ uses to modifying the cable literally I have tried it all.

300 MS is not playable and no matter how ZOS tris to explain themselves for this they have 0 excuses, Every single other game in this space Such as Black Desert Online, world of warcraft, Fornite all do not have this issue, yet the infrastructure at ZOS seems incapable of supporting players in the Pacific

"saying its within the expected range" is inexcusable, closing the support thread, even more so it seems like ZOS wants money from its players without even providing the cake and that should be condoned by all.

I won't support a thieving company like Zenimax if it refuses to even acknowledge the issues surrounding your pathetic excuse of infrastructure. Take a hike, and give me back my 202jj4dit2t34.jpeg
    50$ nzd or fix your kit NOW stop stalling.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    yea, coz changing ISPs, Routers, PCs, Windows, your Continent... will fix this game... lolz.

My email works, my browser works, WhatsApp works, VoIP works, Steam works, Windows Update works, World of Warcraft works... and the 10 other online games I play, except ESO.

Yes, lemme go buy a new router or re-install the game and whatever other garbage responses we get. You don't have to be a genius to figure out where the problem is.
    Edited by Korax on February 27, 2019 2:36PM
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing for years, and never ever had a problem.

This past Monday, 25 Feb, after they installed the update and whatever else they did, I can start the launcher, but when I click on PLAY, the program crashes, and that's it. Doesn't matter how many times I do this, it crashes at that point. Don't even get to the character screen.

So what, my computer suddenly aged 10 years and is totally out of line. ZOS is not helping. All my settings that have worked for years suddenly decided to change on their own - not likely. Their repair utility doesn't do anything.

But it's my fault.

I'm wasting a lot of time on proposed solutions that don't work, so I'm going to re-install the program, and if that doesn't work, guess I'm done till the next game after Skyrim is released.

I really love this game, but this is ridiculous.

• voldran
    voldran
    ✭✭
    It is not really the routers fault or your windows or firewall. I have not changed anything. I had this problem before and it is random. Either the server (cluster) I log in is overloaded or the quality of my internet is bad. The last two weeks was ok but before that it was 200-900 ping and I could not play for weeks. I am playing from the UK. Now its either ZOS server cluster or my IP.
    Sotha PC EU
    Dravron Stormwing - MagSorc || Voldros Nightwing - MagBlade || Zorvo Morningstar - MagPlar || Dracos Nightwing - Mag/Stam DK
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play the game like 50 mins. Then I get stuck in the next loading screen, can't login anymore. That's absurd. It is not like I can never connect or anything, just after 50-55 mins game breaks by itself.
    Edited by ankeor on February 28, 2019 4:26PM