Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Death and Dreaming Quest Bug

• Pocktio
    Pocktio
    Soul Shriven
    Has anyone taken one for the team and tried it after the patch?

Maybe they fixed it but didn't annotate it in the patch notes....
  • Jazz_Funk
    Jazz_Funk
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried it after todays maintenance. STILL BUGGED!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also tried it just now. Cancelled the previous bugged one and started again. SAME ISSUE.

Honest question here, and I'm not being sarcastic. But do you have QA over there? Like any actual testing at all?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Jazz_Funk and @Alucardo for testing it and reporting back. I was going to jump in after I finished my crafting writs but now I won't bother.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please, please can we get some kind of acknowledgement/ETA for a fix?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • kentonjacksonb16_ESO
    Yup still bugged on EU side too. So thats a week now all progress has been halted thru Murkmire. Probs another week until new maintenance. The silence is deafening from ZOS and the community managers.
  • Gwillewyn
    Gwillewyn
    Soul Shriven
    Just want to say that I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in this.
    And very disappointed that today's patch didn't address it at all.
  • Nalion
    Nalion
    Soul Shriven
    I am facing the same issue: After completing the battle with the Ayleids and taking the staff, my character gets teleported back into the Dreaming Nest, Kassandra takes the staff and paralyzes the character and the quest switches back to the stage "Defeat the Ayleid Forces". The blurry visual "dream effect" is still present, the map marker points to the entrance of the Swallowed Cove on the Murkmire map. There is no NPC to speak to in the Dreaming Nest.
    Abandoning the quest and redoing it, as others have tried before, did not work for me, either.

Edit:
    Closing and restarting the game will put the character back into the instance inside the battle with the Ayleids ("third mural location"), but only with the three Argonians present. There is no "trigger" to talk to anyone and nothing happens (the fight will not start).
    Logging off after that and logging on again will place the character outside the cave and resume the quest at the point where you will have to enter the Dreaming Nest.

Platform: PC, EU servers

Edit No. 2:
    I tested it again after redoing the quest twice, the error seems to occur right after Kassandra's speech and betrayal. Once exiting the last stage of the mural, Kassandra begins to speak, the NPCs are visible for a few seconds, then the quest reverts back to "Defeat the Ayleid Forces", the NPCs vanish from view and after a few seconds of paralysis, the character is able to move again with no NPC present. It seems that the error of the quest reset thus occurs at some point of Kassandras speech after completing the third mural.
    Edited by Nalion on March 4, 2019 9:30PM
  • himbeerschaf
    himbeerschaf
    ✭✭✭
    Same bug.

I killed the Ayleids, received the staff, got ported back - and I'm stuck in the progression. :(

Did the fighting:
    ZPppHPg.jpg

Received the staff:
    3ze93sE.jpg

Got ported back; the other NPCs flimmered there for a second and are now gone:
    giViK86.jpg

After quitting the game and logging in again I'm stuck at the 2nd image.
    The 3 Argonians are standing around, no one talks to me and there's no Ayleids.
    Quest log says to kill the Ayleids.

Sure. If there ever spawn some, I will xD

(bug report ingame is sent)
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    bugged for me too
  • Elchemist
    Elchemist
    ✭✭✭
    It boggles my mind why this is not hotfixed as of yet.

The MAIN STORY questline of a DLC is broken for a week and it doesn't get fixed. I have never seen that in any MMO I ever played.
  • inhibbittor
    inhibbittor
    Soul Shriven
    Just flagging that I have this issue with death and dreaming too.. Exactly as described above, Kassandra takes the Staff and throws something in the brazier and then says something along the lines of “this paralytic will hold you for a while” then sudden;y everyone in the dreaming nest disappears and the quest step goes back to defeat the ayleids and I am left wandering round like a zombie. There is nothing or no one to interact with and the only thing I can do is leave the dreaming nest back to the swallowed grove. If I go back in immediately I am back where I fought the Ayleids but there are just the three argonians in their final positions and no Ayleids to fight. If I wait before going back in then I am back at the start of the instance,following the 5 companions into the next and have to repeat the 3 vision instances again and then exactly the same happens again..

I am now stuck and unable to progress any further with the main murkmire quest and also totally sick to death of the three instances and replaying them trying to do anythhing differently to get out of the loop.
    Edited by inhibbittor on March 6, 2019 4:18PM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugged for me too, PC EU
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's about time ZOS pulled it's finger out here and got this quest fixed. The last patch came and went and no fix? Didn't they promise they would?

• BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can´t progress either, restarted the game and finally abandoned the quest and went trough it again, but with the same result: can't progress further. Submitted a ticket.

EDIT: PC/EU
    Edited by BoraxFlux on March 9, 2019 12:41AM
  • slowiee007preeb18_ESO
    slowiee007preeb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    same here...
    after i go out and in again, the Q is resets and returns to the "enter the dreaming nest" state...
    then i have to do all the dreaming Q, take the staff, and stuck again, nothing changes...
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest is still bugged. Anyone know if there there any plans to address this? Seems like a really long time for a main quest to be bugged so bad that it can't be completed. They must have at least acknowledged it by now. Has anyone been able to complete this?

Edit: Sorry didn't see this earlier post answering my question. Thanks.
    ixie wrote: »
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on March 10, 2019 3:50PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bugged for me also at the point where Kassandra steals the staff and stuns everyone. The quest doesn't progress and reverts initially back to the kill ayleids and then if you wait reverts right back to the "enter dreaming nest" stage. Which means having to do ALL the dream stages again, which just compounds the frustration.

I recently came back to the game after a break and took up ESO Plus to specifically to catch up on DLC content such as Murkmire. It's hugely disappointing to find a major story quest is bugged like this, totally blocking progression of the whole zone storyline. Why is such a significant and game breaking bug taking so long to fix? Shouldn't this be a top priority?

Very poor quality control which has made me regret wasting my time and money returning. I can play other content of course, but this is the content I wanted to play and now I just feel deflated and burned. Poor show.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exact same issue for me as described in the numerous posts above.PC/EU
  • oldrich.nesvadbaeb17_ESO
    Count me in...

After completing the battle with the Ayleids and taking the staff, my character gets teleported back into the Dreaming Nest, Kassandra takes the staff and paralyzes the character and the quest switches back to the stage "Defeat the Ayleid Forces". The blurry visual "dream effect" is still present, the map marker points to the entrance of the Swallowed Cove on the Murkmire map. There is no NPC to speak to in the Dreaming Nest.

I´ve completed whole Murkmire Q except this main story Q line, so it´s quite annoying.
    50@710 - AD PetSorc, EP MagSorc, DC Magblade PvP, DC Magplar (main ATM), EP Magden,
    lvl 31 EP Mag DK, lvl 22 EP MagCro, lvl 17 Marcanist

Playing since beta now and then
  • VaNS
    VaNS
    Soul Shriven
    tku0jje8alo1.png

same issue, abandoned, restarted, same problem... staff is stolen, but quest isn't updated. "Defeat the Ayleid Forces".
    I'm curious if it has to do with possibly resisting the initial immobilize. I know some quests bug out like that, going to redo and take off all my gear before accepting staff in dream state.

REDID IT: reset my CP / No Gear and I was still 'able to move' when she talks about being paralyzed. Effect is there, but I think that's what's bugging it. Not sure if resisting / character state / just overall BUG
    Edited by VaNS on March 10, 2019 11:42PM
  • Jazz_Funk
    Jazz_Funk
    ✭✭✭
    FIXED! PC-EU
    Can confirm after todays patch that you can now progress in this quest. HAPPY DAYS!
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazz_Funk wrote: »
    FIXED! PC-EU
    Can confirm after todays patch that you can now progress in this quest. HAPPY DAYS!

Allrighty, will be flexing the fingers for this adventure again, thanks for the notice!
  • Genuine_Venus
    Genuine_Venus
    Soul Shriven
    I also could continue the quest after todays update. :)
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    All fixed now. Was able to complete this quest and the zone story today. Thank you.
  • oldrich.nesvadbaeb17_ESO
    It´s not fixed when you MUST do the whole dream nonsence again :-/ Kassandra took the staff, leave and paralyzed me...I would like to have a credit for completed chapter and move on, not to do it again with whole dream minichapters...
    50@710 - AD PetSorc, EP MagSorc, DC Magblade PvP, DC Magplar (main ATM), EP Magden,
    lvl 31 EP Mag DK, lvl 22 EP MagCro, lvl 17 Marcanist

Playing since beta now and then
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks indeed, completed the quest as well :D
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazz_Funk wrote: »
    FIXED! PC-EU

Praise Vivec!!
    Give 'er eh!