The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Snipe OP

universal_wrath
universal_wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't like crushing weapons, while it is a good spammable, I just like spine more. I'm Not trying to be toxic or a moron by all means, but I think snipe with both morphs or maybe one should be instant cast.

Keep the same dmg, but make it a cast ability just as it is. I think the morph with major defile should stay the same, since you it applys a major debuff.

The other morph that does minor breach maybe has it's dmg reduced by 5-10%, but make it instant cast.

I think this change doesn't affect pvp mych since everyone would rather yse major defile over minor breach anytime, but it has a lot of potentiol to bring up bow/bow builds more to be close or maybe even eqaul to other dps builds in pve.

Instant cast=reduced dmg=pve spammable.

Note: people in the past complain about how spine make them loss dps in dummy parses, I think this change makes bow/bow build more viable in pve, while it remains the same in pvp.

If you have any nice ideas or suggestions, please let me know.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe for dummy parse spammable?? You're kidding right?
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itsfatbass wrote: »

People would'nt use snipe because it takes time to cast, they say ot lowers their dps signeficantly. I could be wrong though. Give me insight, please.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You’re trolling
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    You’re trolling

Nope, why do you think so?
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it works in case of Wrecking Blow. Some bow/bow build guides suggest using Snipe, but I think its better to use class spammable.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

Well, it works in case of Wrecking Blow. Some bow/bow build guides suggest using Snipe, but I think its better to use class spammable.

It's very hard to use class spammables in bow/bow builds unless if you're in melee range. The only class with range stamina spammable is the warden.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For four man content if you are not worried about over penetration the damage isn't bad. These are from 2nd week this PTS cycle, No group support, pure solo, pure light attack rotation:

Stam Sorc max range, 10k pen without Major fracture:
    w7Ur8G9.jpg

This is stam DK melee 14.8k pen with Major Fracture, with 80% uptime on Major Fracture:
    P9NK7j6.png?1

This is stam DK ranged 10k pen with no Major Fracture:
    lolFP4o.png?1

This is stam DK melee 7.6k pen before MajorFracture, with 80% uptime on Major Fracture, 98% uptime on Minor Vulnerability from Scavenging Demise:
    E3pZS7s.png?1

Since Warband was updated it is providing similar results to TFS or Scavenging Demise set, I don't have pictures of those parses right now.

Principle issue with this sort of setup is that it overpenetrates in most trials, this is mitigated significantly with the use of Warband. Second major issue is the snare from Snipe makes caster vulnerable to some fight mechanics, this can make survival of some mechanics significantly more difficult and puts more stress on the user to understand mechanics and position well. Third issue is max dps is best supported from max range, but few fights and virtually no trials groups are designed around supporting dps from range.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on February 24, 2019 6:02PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using Lethal Arrow on a Stam DK is in one of the best positions as it is so cost effective and you have the room on your bar to keep melee dots. This allows alternating between melee and range quite easily. Still suffers from the snare and cast time on Snipe.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like crushing weapons, while it is a good spammable, I just like spine more. I'm Not trying to be toxic or a moron by all means, but I think snipe with both morphs or maybe one should be instant cast.

Keep the same dmg, but make it a cast ability just as it is. I think the morph with major defile should stay the same, since you it applys a major debuff.

The other morph that does minor breach maybe has it's dmg reduced by 5-10%, but make it instant cast.

I think this change doesn't affect pvp mych since everyone would rather yse major defile over minor breach anytime, but it has a lot of potentiol to bring up bow/bow builds more to be close or maybe even eqaul to other dps builds in pve.

Instant cast=reduced dmg=pve spammable.

Note: people in the past complain about how spine make them loss dps in dummy parses, I think this change makes bow/bow build more viable in pve, while it remains the same in pvp.

If you have any nice ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

Guess you are new here.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!