The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Why Ignore Affliction, Eagle Eye, and Kyne's Kiss?

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Statement from PTS about updating Cyrodiil sets:
"We’ve been wanting to improve and update older item sets to keep them in-line with newer sets, a sentiment that you’ve also expressed. We want to limit the disruption of current player builds, so we redesigned six Cyrodiil sets that we found are being used by a smaller number of players. The intent is to rework these sets while retaining their original flavor."
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/pts-patch-notes-v4-3-0#latest

I'm sure many players appreciate getting some updated sets, but I don't understand why some other PVP sets were ignored. Why did Affliction, Eagle Eye, and Kyne's Kiss go untouched? Are many players really using them and are those sets really in that good of a place (or, as you say, "in-line" with newer sets) that no changes were made? I don't know of many players who would seriously consider using those sets on their builds.

Affliction
(2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
(3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
(4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(5 items) When you deal damage, you have a 50% chance to deal an additional 2838 Disease Damage. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

Eagle Eye
(2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
(3 items) Increases the range of your Bow abilities by 3 meters.

Kyne's Kiss
(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
(3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
(4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
(5 items) When you deal direct damage with a Bow ability, you have a 10% chance to heal for 1216 Health and restore 1216 Stamina.
Edited by GrumpyDuckling on February 22, 2019 2:55PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, they will be nerfed next patch cycle.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to be focusing on a few sets at a time instead of tweaking so many things at once. They did the same thing last patch with like cyro ward and light sets etc.. and then a few this time around. I’m sure there will be more in the future, including the ones you referenced. :)
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Affliction on one of my Argonians. I'd rather not have it worked over, thank you. Not unless it's just to give a straight buff to the damage of course.

PC EU
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    They seem to be focusing on a few sets at a time instead of tweaking so many things at once. They did the same thing last patch with like cyro ward and light sets etc.. and then a few this time around. I’m sure there will be more in the future, including the ones you referenced. :)

I'm certainly hoping so. Eagle Eye could be interesting to consider depending on what they do with it (if they do update it).
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Affliction on one of my Argonians. I'd rather not have it worked over, thank you. Not unless it's just to give a straight buff to the damage of course.

Yeah I don't think it would be a nerf, so you would likely be fine.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's because Kyne wouldn't Kiss ZOS since they had the Hawk Eye Alliction, with how narrow sighted their balance changes are.
    Argonian forever
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial wrath? - The literal 1:1 magica copy of the deadly set that did get a rework?
    Edited by Derra on February 22, 2019 8:21PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50