The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How do you deal with archers?

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just ignore if there is only 1 archer , it's impossible to kill my tank even they spam Lethal Arrow , when I see 2 , I will charge to them , the most worst thing is NB archer , they run and cloak , I cant even catch them ... :/
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, archers are the weakest pvp spec in game right now. I don’t think people who play them have figured out 2/5 classes can absorb projectiles.

I’ve been leveling a magwarden, I’ve taken 3 out at the same time. For the NB runners just hit elemental blockade every time they disappear and it knocks them out of stealth. Even as a magblade they’re like free kills.

The hilarious part I find is I think because their projectiles get absorbed or reflected they think they aren’t hitting hard enough so go full glass canon. It just lets you kill them faster when the real engagement’s over and you decide it’s time to finish them off.

The only time I think I’ve died to one is when they’ve draining shot me into lava.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 12, 2019 3:39AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Seriously, archers are the weakest pvp spec in game right now. I don’t think people who play them have figured out 2/5 classes can absorb projectiles.

I’ve been leveling a magwarden, I’ve taken 3 out at the same time. For the NB runners just hit elemental blockade every time they disappear and it knocks them out of stealth. Even as a magblade they’re like free kills.

The hilarious part I find is I think because their projectiles get absorbed or reflected they think they aren’t hitting hard enough so go full glass canon. It just lets you kill them faster when the real engagement’s over and you decide it’s time to finish them off.

The only time I think I’ve died to one is when they’ve draining shot me into lava.

If you think that you haven’t been fighting good ones or you use a build that directly counters theirs. Thankfully most archer nightblades are mediocre, but good ones can be very lethal as well as quite difficult to catch and kill. I like to hunt down archers as much as anyone else, but occasionally you run into one that quickly turns the tables on you.

That said I rarely get killed by snipe spam on my magblade. On classes without cloak its much more noticeable though (at least on non-tank builds).

• Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK wings have a permanent spot on my StamDK's main bar thanks to the huge number of archers in PvP/BGs. Nothing's more satisfying than returning an archer's snipe spam or stunning them with their own Scatter Shot.
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    On magden one deep fissure will nearly kill them so I just press them really fast.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »

If you think that you haven’t been fighting good ones or you use a build that directly counters theirs. Thankfully most archer nightblades are mediocre, but good ones can be very lethal as well as quite difficult to catch and kill. I like to hunt down archers as much as anyone else, but occasionally you run into one that quickly turns the tables on you.

That said I rarely get killed by snipe spam on my magblade. On classes without cloak its much more noticeable though (at least on non-tank builds).

Maybe, I never thought of cloak interrupting the cast time on snipe. Magblades are also archer killers, they’re the only class magblades dominate.

I did one BG with a stamNB archer type who did well named sneaky, that’s the only one I can recall after maybe hundreds played to date.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 17, 2019 5:34PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    I just ignore if there is only 1 archer , it's impossible to kill my tank even they spam Lethal Arrow , when I see 2 , I will charge to them , the most worst thing is NB archer , they run and cloak , I cant even catch them ... :/

Use a non-targeted aoe attack. As magicka elemental blockade does the trick. For stamina I know brawler does, but don’t know stamina well enough to know all the abilities that work. Steel tornado probably works I’d think, but best to use something that snares too.

AoE attacks work better than detection pots. Against MagDKs as a healer I’ll cloak even when I’m immobilized and the MagDK is in melee range trying to PK me. They can see me but cloak protects against that whip thing they use, so I’ll hear it going off but be safely in cloak waiting for the immobilization to break.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 17, 2019 5:48PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless I am, feeling in a silly mood and use my cowwards set up to run relics and get to flags first, I normally run heavy armor and shield, it makes archer damage pointless and seems to make them not bother with me, but of-course most don't realize I am heavy armor since use outfits in bgs so get those snipers to waste arrows then pop my ult ability to reflect everything back just has they snip or lay down an ult archer skill fun
    Edited by RedTalon on March 18, 2019 9:08AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, between pets and reflections they’re pretty ineffective. You just need to clear them every once in a while so they don’t kill steal from your team.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Detection pots are OP against NBs...
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    So there isn't a problem with dealing with them from reading the meriad of different options available in the posts here. Who knew..
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am a simple man. I see a bowtard, I click R. Bowtard is now dead.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    many different defense and kill the sniper method lessons here in this thread.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge and Ignore. They will go cloak eventually, so why bothering?
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language