Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

What determines Argonians' "hair" colour / Vampire skin colour?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear fellow Argonian players,

can you help we with those two questions?

I want to make a new Argonian and I am looking for some insights on how the "hair colour" choice in the creation screen is reflected in game by Crown Store "hairstyles". I tried to give one of my Argonians a pale / white "fin" (?) on his head and when I changed it in game to a Crown Store hairstyle it was all of a sudden yellow/ocherous.

And I've read that Argonians have different "Vampire skin colours", e.g. a yellow Argonian looks different than a green Argonian when becoming a Vampire (one turns white, the other light green etc.) - is it determined by "logic"? So yellow will become lighter yellow / white or how does this work? And I'd love to see some of your Vampire Argonians (if you'd like to share some pics).

Thank you all!
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is interesting. I had no idea that their vampirism was so unique.
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For hair styles, the horn parts generally have a yellowish tint the closer you go to white. Feathers and fin membranes are more true to the hair color swatch you pick. It's not possible to get white horns.

Scales at stage 4 vampirism will take whatever your base scale color is and desaturate/brighten it to the brink of being a pure shade of white, but not entirely. Yellow scales will become a very pale yellow, blue scales become a very pale blue.

I removed the scale patterns so the actual color would be more apparent:

Blue scale base / Black horns
    dgUFD4h.jpg

Yellow scale base / Black horns
    NaQZIht.jpg

Red scale base / Red horns
    YHSrWr5.jpg

Also keep in mind that the claws inherit the color of one of them, if you were planning on keeping them visible.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on February 20, 2019 2:01PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Red scale base / Red horns
    YHSrWr5.jpg
    On the one hand, terrifying vampiric lizard. :anguished:
    On the other hand, adorable pale pink! :smiley:
    Awesome characers, thanks for sharing!
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to give Argonian white "hair"?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options