The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pirate Skeleton

Ashanne
Ashanne
✭✭✭✭
Lets be real here, this set is completely overperforming.
I suggest the following changes, to make it more on par with other defensive monster sets.
1. remove the defile, remove the proc chance but instead give it Minor Protection at all times instead of major.
2. Add an extra line of max health to the 2 piece, similair to Mighty Chudan.

this way chudan and skelly offer roughly the same mitigation. Chudan being for the ones who dont have a spot on the skillbar for major ward/resolve, and skelly for those that do.

Expecting some backlash because this monster set is widely used (for obvious being OP reasons) but lets be nice and discuss this
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    seriously? a 6 percent change is too much for ya? just wait fort it to proc and kill the guy when its over you will have plenty of time lol :|

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »
    I suggest the following changes, to make it more on par with other defensive monster sets.
    1. remove the defile, remove the proc chance but instead give it Minor Protection at all times instead of major.

this way chudan and skelly offer roughly the same mitigation. Chudan being for the ones who dont have a spot on the skillbar for major ward/resolve, and skelly for those that do.

Expecting some backlash because this monster set is widely used (for obvious being OP reasons) but lets be nice and discuss this

Thought this was a necro as its just not OP since it was nerfed. Prior to that, yeah.

It's easy enough to counter.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    seriously? a 6 percent change is too much for ya? just wait fort it to proc and kill the guy when its over you will have plenty of time lol :|

Thats on paper, but in reality this procs off of cooldown alot of the time (getting hit by multiple DoTs and such) leaving a mere 3 seconds of downtime. I wouldnt call that "plenty" of time to kill them.
    Lets just compair the other ways of getting Major Protection, i'll likely miss alot of sources but youll get the idea.
    1. ultimates (resto ulti, sleet storm, remembrance etc) which, depending on ulti gen ofc, grant you very little uptime over the course of a fight.
    2. 5 piece item bonus such as steadfast hero which dont even offer a 50% uptime while it requires a full 5 piece, Ironblood which makes you slow as a snail, with a proc chance that will result (at best) into 66% uptime and again requires a full 5 piece
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Thought this was a necro as its just not OP since it was nerfed. Prior to that, yeah.

It's easy enough to counter.

by nerf you mean it only procs on taking damage on actual health, rather than dmg shields? imo thats mostly just for sorcs and many of those laughed and shrugged it off while continue to use it
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets be real here, this set is completely performing as intended.

Fixed that for you.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 16, 2019 8:33PM
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously pirate skeleton is the most OP defensive set in the game and only outshined by stacking earth gores.

30% less damage taken with practically permanent uptime in PvP when needed. How does that compare to any other defensive monster set? Yes, not at all lol.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Obviously pirate skeleton is the most OP defensive set in the game and only outshined by stacking earth gores.

30% less damage taken with practically permanent uptime in PvP when needed. How does that compare to any other defensive monster set? Yes, not at all lol.

Thank you
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set is a very strong set. It´s supposed to make your heals less efficient but giving you more damage mitigation, but it actually does the opposite (kinda). Put it this way:

Let´s say you get attack by an enemy with a combo that does 10k damage to you. You´ve a build that has the ability heal for 10k (not unrealistic). Right now you outheal the damage the combo does.

Now lets add pirate skeleton to the picture:

Now that 10k damage combo all of a sudden does 7k damage, but your heal does 8,5k healing. Suddenly your heal can outheal the incoming damage, which it couldn´t before, therefore making your heal more effcient than before.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minor protection would make it useless for warden and templar though.

To be fair, this set is mostly too strong on templar because you can cleanse the defile.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The trade-off makes this set too valuable.

Minor defile?
    The majority of the time I am already afflicted with Minor Defile so no biggie there.

Skeleton transformation?
    Cool. And the set doesn't look terrible on you either.

6% chance?
    This is ALL damage. Not hard to get damaged by a stray AoE and proc it. And if you don't think 6% is a lot, ask Skoria how it's doing at 8%.

All of this being said, I recently fell in love with the set on my Magblade and hope nothing changes with it.
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Minor protection would make it useless for warden and templar though.

To be fair, this set is mostly too strong on templar because you can cleanse the defile.

This was fixed awhile ago.
    Edited by brandonv516 on February 17, 2019 2:14AM
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean you have to drop troll king for this set which when combined with %HP regen buffs can be quite a bit stronger than vigor.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    people who running this one are immortal
  • twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭
    Facepalm... You do realize that 30% reduction is a 15% in pvp, right? It's not even worth wearing with 50% chance.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think battle spirit cuts the damage reduction in half.

The set might be strong in 1v1 but definitelly not op in 1vX or zerg surfing. The heal debuff is nasty and it can be stacked with other sources of healing debuff.
    Unless you are nonstop purifying, you won't be healing enough to stay alive vs 5 people beating on you. And the transformation is buggy as hell, it locks your ability bars quite often.

What is more op is i think the steadfast guard set. I think you pick the wrong set to blame :P
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    twofaced wrote: »
    Facepalm... You do realize that 30% reduction is a 15% in pvp, right? It's not even worth wearing with 50% chance.

clearly you dont understand how this works
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    I dont think battle spirit cuts the damage reduction in half.

The set might be strong in 1v1 but definitelly not op in 1vX or zerg surfing. The heal debuff is nasty and it can be stacked with other sources of healing debuff.
    Unless you are nonstop purifying, you won't be healing enough to stay alive vs 5 people beating on you. And the transformation is buggy as hell, it locks your ability bars quite often.

What is more op is i think the steadfast guard set. I think you pick the wrong set to blame :P

Minor defile is Minor defile. It cannot stack (unless there's a bug).

It can stack with Major Defile but those sources are limited.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You needed to apply your facepalm AFTER making this totally erroneous comment.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • KaraBela94
    KaraBela94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah use it and try to switch weapons on vivec primetime with it.
    Yasin Pascha - Stamina DK - DC
    Eroglu Yasin - Stamina Warden - DC
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only change I would do is:
    - fix bug that drops bug slightly
    - redesign visual so it looks like a necromancer color aura instead of polymorph skeleton. Then stop all costumes from hiding the set proc animation.

Otherwise it's raw DMG but you lose 15% more healing and doesn'tproc on shield use. It's balanced; major protection is strong but it's clear they wantedit to run more than set/ability success of major protection with a clear downside to running it.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the monster sets need to be reduced in PvP by 50%.
  • KaraBela94
    KaraBela94
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    All the monster sets need to be reduced in PvP by 50%.

Nerf this Nerf that...what about learning to adapt to it?
    Yasin Pascha - Stamina DK - DC
    Eroglu Yasin - Stamina Warden - DC
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1, the assumption that this set always procs on cooldown is too generous. The proc rate heavily depends on who you are fighting. If it is a DOT/bleed build, the proc rate is significantly higher than when you are fighting a burst build, like a stamwarden (shalks+dawnbreaker+execute and dead) or a magsorc (curse+fury+cage+meteor+frag and dead).

2, when evaluating the set, you have to take into account the opportunity cost of not using some other set. While pirate skeleton is indeed a very good defensive set, it does not help you kill your opponent any faster, like for example skoria or selene would, nor does it give high sustain like engine guardian etc. You may well find yourself unable to kill that templar who just heals himself to full everytime you damage him because you sacrificed burst for tankiness, and eventually he will run you out of resources and wear you down.

3, the best measure of whether something is truly overpowered or not is answering the question: does everyone in PvP wear it? Now this is just anecdotal evidence of course, but personally i haven't seen a pirate skeleton proc in quite some time(nor have i used it in quite some time, i prefer bloodspawn myself). YMMW of course, but all i see nowadays is earthgore :confounded:
    Edited by Sharee on February 17, 2019 10:38PM
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol
  • MannKurt
    MannKurt
    ✭✭
    Proc things make pvp unhealthy
  • twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭
    ok if everyone finished mocking off their empty heads, I advise you to read this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-updated-for-murkmire

and visit these:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor
    https://jscalc.io/calc/fiasVNPSGsOdmsF6

I doubt you could understand much in such a gentle age, this info is more likely for adults, but still.

@AMeanOne, @Emma_Overload, @Ashanne
    Edited by twofaced on February 18, 2019 7:26AM
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok if everyone finished mocking off their empty heads, I advise you to read this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-updated-for-murkmire

and visit these:

I doubt you could understand much in such a gentle age, this info is more likely for adults, but still.

and how does this relate to pirate skeleton overperforming?
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭

and visit these:

Thank you for these links. I knew about Paul's testing, but did not know there were calculators! Though, it's no surprise. Every MMO get's reverse engineered and my wonderful MMO math-nerds always come through. Pillars of the universe, they are.

Two more things you can wonderfully count on in life: scientists and numbers.

Edited by soniku4ikblis on February 18, 2019 4:33AM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭

I am happy with the set.

It turned my game around from being destroyed by everything as a Magplar in PVP to turning many battles into a win or draw, and more specifically, a war of attrition. It is so interesting to watch another class burn their resources over 1-2 minutes, allowing me to dive bomb for the kill.

And I like that.

I'm so happy that more of my battles turn into draws and sustained battles requiring logic and tactics instead of sheer over-powering by DK's and NB's.

Good NB's can occasionally 1-shot me if I'm not paying attention to stealth (poison and disease are still king), but otherwise, my fights are much more fair now and that is how it should be.

And personally, I enjoy robbing damage from those classes by a quick purge and a few heals. The critical heals give me a lot of satisfaction. The tells afterwards are especially amusing. lol
    Edited by soniku4ikblis on February 18, 2019 4:54AM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a whole ton of *** that needs to be worked on in PvP before we even get to this set which I wouldn’t say is really OP. Strong yes, but not really OP.