The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is Aldmeri Dominion so bad?

• Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically it don’t matter what platform you playing on Aldmeri Dominion is a really crappy alliance.

No. it's more like no matter the platform you are you get back what you're willing to put in.

So this one suggests you get to teaching everyone up to the level of skill you yourself have laid claim to.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cuz they're bad
    at a place nobody knows
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience AD has far to many sneaky NB bow builds that get deleted in two GCD and not enough Templar, DK, or stam sorcs on the front line.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something something furries and elf role players?
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the leaders don’t care anymore about teaching people how to pvp. I have tried to teach a few people on our leaderboards and they refuse to listen. I am very disgusted lately with AD. I switched to AD a long time ago because they were the nicest players. Now? They bicker in zone chat and don’t care about pushing emp. I am getting very very tired of AD in PVP.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I play in XBOX NA Shor as AD. I can tell you that the issue at least in shor is the fact that there are very few organized AD PVP guilds and there are several DC and EP PVP guilds.

When I step in Vivec which is not often becasue of the performance I find that AD is at least talking in zone but always opposing the person who is suggesting where to go and defend/attack. I am not sure if this happens on DC or EP as I have never created a character outside of AD. I assume it does to a degree.

Another thing that I find that happens in Shor and Vivec is I will see a large AD pop but I never find AD in great numbers. I am very interested to see what happens once IC is decoupled from the population of Cyro.

It's really not much different on DC. It's not that AD doesn't have good groups, they've got some very strong groups even in Shor, but those groups don't seem to play for the map. Most EP and DC groups are no different.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD is horrible. If you go down south you will need to wear heavy impreg and detection potions for all the snipers you will encounter.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    AD is horrible. If you go down south you will need to wear heavy impreg and detection potions for all the snipers you will encounter.

I’ve seen that before when I was rolling with AD sniping from top of the fort I actually did it my self and joined in and thought to myself this ain’t going no where why am I doing it lol.

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us die on the front lines quite often thank you very much.

All alliances have all types of players, for the first 2 years AD stomped the yard, and then people got bored and moved on or over.

I really chalk this all up to fatigue really, people are just bored with PvP and do it out of compulsion or obligation or sunken cost theory, but not many are actually excited about it anymore.

It's like the party you go to because all your friends are there, and there is music and people and it'll be fun, sure, but this is the same saturday night house party with the same people and the same music for the 5th year and everyone is basically just waiting for someone like steve-o to drive a motorcycle on fire into the pool off the roof, but nothing happens.

We drink our few beers, get our few dances and go home.

See ya next saturday!
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    I was hoping for big changes on it all together make the imperial city a place to visit like you did in oblivion game but that won’t ever happen
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cuz they have high elves
    at a place nobody knows
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD at the start had 2 kinds of players mostly. Large organized guilds and solo players. As the time passed and large group play had performance issues most of the players that stayed in the game as AD went to solo to get better performance. Others just flat out left when the developers promised game wasn’t panning out. After that the guilds split and EP and DC did a way better job of promoting and training players. Which leaves AD where it is today, a shell if it’s former self.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    I kinda wish they get rid of it all together least the pvp in cyrodiil and the imperial city and turn it into what it looked like in oblivion. Shops, houses to buy and places to explore. I think most players who don’t pvp would agree but least still make a place for pvps like cyrodiil but not cyrodiil.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first campaign in awhile (xbox na) that dc has been winning, usually its EP’s huge zerg numbers that win the campaign. Yellow is a hit or miss.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a tip for ya. Go to PC EU, Sotha Sil. The entire map was yellow last time I saw it a few hours ago. RIP DC + EP.
    Edited by VDoom1 on February 19, 2019 10:05AM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to take over other alliances gates ive never seen it but is it possible? Red got to our dc gates very close last night on Xbox na server vivec. If I was seeing it right I think they took fort warden a few days ago.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Going back to my AD character now blue has gotten lazy
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking of creating a new character and doing the DC because they seem to be the best , I got the any race any alliance upgrade I am level cp 385 now just wondering if it’s worrh making a new character to join a better alliance. I would say yes since AD is so Horrible at what they do.

You answered your original post with this one.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Haha yea it’s changing so much I really like my DC character better
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haha yea it’s changing so much I really like my DC character better
    Is it because you have better teammates and fight weaker enemies?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Every one I see is cp810 all reds I’m only level 42 with 385cp points from my other character. I mean I try to get out there but everyone one on the front lines or cp810
  • Ap3xJohn15
    Hey now, we're just having a bad month. Thats all. Next month ad will rise after the keyboard warriors switch factions and other groups come back
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    Know yew.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Game’s missing big pvp name guilds. I’m trying to convince some to come back or play but it’s hard, most of them play on release and don’t stick around long.

Any self respecting hardcore pvp guild would would have rolled or rerolled on the underpopulated side for better pvp. I think most just play red or blue, then accuse everyone else of zerging. /rolls eyes
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The faction with the biggest "zerg" (PVE'ers taking the chance to earn AP), is always the one that's worst. On XBox EU, this is most certainly AD at the moment. They have at least 2 bar population like 24/7 this campaign. Recently, this has been the EP way, loads of useless players. You solo and find some random group of like 8-10 guys, you run along with them into an equally sized or even smaller enemy group, and within a matter of seconds you are suddenly having a 1vX.

I'm actually taking on smaller groups solo this campaign, and I ain't doing that other than on my "snipe blade" otherwise. It's like:

"Oh, Sejanus is under siege, let's go through the postern and see what it looks like... Hmmm... Some +10 guys. Don't recognize any names. We have like 4 other guys here pouring oils... F**k this - down we go! *pops Permafrost*" After you kill like 3 of them instantly, the rest gets defensive - a couple of other allies gets brave and jump down, and you rinse the rest in seconds.

Its not about which faction it is. It's about which one attracted the most opportunists to run in their zergs.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    I must be playing at the wrong times because when I play it seems dead but dc is always full this is Xbox one na server from 8pm to 10pm EST.
  • Ap3xJohn15
    Try shor. We seem to always do better in shor than vivec in xbox na
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    I have to admit that AD is going good in vivec on pc na server while dc and ep or not so.
  • IEatCivics
    IEatCivics
    ✭✭✭
    NA Xbox Vivec:

AD has Emp:
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/i-eat-civics/screenshot/11720411

AD Leading in total and potential points w/ 6 scrolls:
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/i-eat-civics/screenshot/11720415

AD has Bum Zerg Groups running Bum Zerg Builds:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMnYoGe5Tg

Just took Unusually Long Load Time a minute to get out of Shor and come back to Vivec.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking of creating a new character and doing the DC because they seem to be the best , I got the any race any alliance upgrade I am level cp 385 now just wondering if it’s worrh making a new character to join a better alliance. I would say yes since AD is so Horrible at what they do.

Gonna go ahead and throw a congrats for the AD win in Vivec Xbox 1 NA this month.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."