Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wood Elves: How will you spend your extra 3 skill points?

Eiron77
Eiron77
✭✭✭✭
When the new racials go live, the wood elves will get the most unique racial of all:

3 extra skill points.

Most of Tamriel's races get 3 racial passives, but because Bosmer's are so elusive Zenimax wants the player's to try to figure it out themselves. So instead of trying to figure out a good racial, they just gave us 3 free skill points to spend however we please!

How will you spend yours?

(I will spend mine to finally increase the distance I can see ore and cloth nodes! So I can hunt them better! Yippee! Seriously though. Unless you pvp there's no reason to waste 'em on Hunters Eye.)
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So will Altmer, so its not very unique. Actually Bosmer passive has some use while Altmer passive has literally 0 use
    Edited by Bigevilpeter on February 12, 2019 10:50AM
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiron77 wrote: »
    When the new racials go live, the wood elves will get the most unique racial of all:

3 extra skill points.

Most of Tamriel's races get 3 racial passives, but because Bosmer's are so elusive Zenimax wants the player's to try to figure it out themselves. So instead of trying to figure out a good racial, they just gave us 3 free skill points to spend however we please!

(I will spend mine to finally increase the distance I can see ore and cloth nodes! So I can hunt them better! Yippee! Seriously though. Unless you pvp there's no reason to waste 'em on Hunters Eye.)

0KtfuLI.jpg
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3 extra skill points.

It’s actually a difficult question for me. Even without these three, I have about 20 skill points in the bank even though I have all of my professions maxed. (If your wondering, besides the skill points from dungeons, etc. I have collected every sky shard in the game.)

Even with this bank of skill points I won’t be putting them into hunters eye. Instead I am going to save them for the “fix”* to stealth.

*Please note: Promised fix may come years from now. Fix may be even worse then the actual “problem”. Fix is also not actually promised and may never come.

Edited by BlueRaven on February 12, 2019 1:18PM
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know.
    This passive is definitely not that useful, and far less useful than the old one, especially with that dumb stealth detection radius replacing the mighty stealth radius, but that's not as if I needed any more skill points. Might just let them increase the stack of unused skill points.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, i will roll. I always loved to roll dodge without reason, but some people considered it a waste of stamina. Now I have legitimate permission from ZOS to do it.
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    So will Altmer, so its not very unique. Actually Bosmer passive has some use while Altmer passive has literally 0 use

Ah, I am just lowly Wood Elf and typically do not associate with Altmers--unless of course they deign to visit our woodlands.

If Altmers also get this wonderful benefit of 3 extra skill points, then it must be because Zenimax realizes Altmers know far better how they would like to "benefit" from their racial.
  • Crunkanaut
    Crunkanaut
    ✭✭✭
    so your wood elve is the super crafter class named sorc ? :open_mouth:
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will spend mine on orc and khajit racial passives because I am not keeping any of my bosmer characters as bosmer.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, I am just lowly Wood Elf and typically do not associate with Altmers--unless of course they deign to visit our woodlands.

If Altmers also get this wonderful benefit of 3 extra skill points, then it must be because Zenimax realizes Altmers know far better how they would like to "benefit" from their racial.

I already proposed cultural exchange, give altmer flat penetration bonus, give bosmer lowest stat recovery for cloaks and wings, everyone's happy!
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

3 extra skill points.

It’s actually a difficult question for me. Even without these three, I have about 20 skill points in the bank even though I have all of my professions maxed. (If your wondering, besides the skill points from dungeons, etc. I have collected every sky shard in the game.)

Even with this bank of skill points I won’t be putting them into hunters eye. Instead I am going to save them for the “fix”* to stealth.

*Please note: Promised fix may come years from now. Fix may be even worse then the actual “problem”. Fix is also not actually promised and may never come.

I have put my skill points in most everything. Only crafting skills i didntmax are the one's to see nodes further away. I have no problem finding nodes... But I can't think of any other skills left to put them.

But I totally agree. If i had a surplus of skill points, I would rather pool them than put them into hunters eye.

And those proposed changes do nothing to help bosmers feel more stealthy... Because they will still be the same as everyone except khajit which is just wrong.

And all they have to do is give us stealth radius back to make it worthwhile. It's that easy.
    Edited by Eiron77 on February 12, 2019 7:33PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racechange to orc ofc.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Racechange to orc ofc.

Looks like you'll have to change your signature.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Bosmer will be saving those skill points up until they introduce a passive that increases pack space.
    PC EU
  • ab_bo
    ab_bo
    Soul Shriven
    The new bosmer speed buff pen is a great racial.

So many bad theory crafters on these forums.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ab_bo wrote: »

I’m not gonna say the bosmer racial is a must have but it actually is interesting and allows for some interesting possible build combinations
  • Razorback174
    Razorback174
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While that's all fine and dandy for you, there are countless others out there that chose Bosmer for their stealthy nature given what's been built up over the decades of lore and past games.

To have that identity butchered is what's causing most of the problem for everyone. At this point, I can even live with the stupid roll dodge active passive skill, if they'd just revert the absolutely useless and lore-shattering stealth detection to radius reduction like before.

But they won't.

There's more to this game than DPS parses and wailing on target dummies.
  • Alucardmike
    Alucardmike
    ✭✭✭
    I will not use them.
    I will not use anything.

I will be a poor Bosmer wandering through the Dominion and begging for money and stuff.

So, if you will see me, have a heart, and help me to get money. There are no other ways for me...
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭

No. It's not. Only kind of is if you pvp, which I do not.

So in PvE, in order to build for it I must remain 1500 points below the penetration cap, then I must really stack stam recovery to make up for the expensive stam costs of constant roll dodging to keep that penetration buff going... Not to say how annoying it is to me to constantly be rolling in pve, not how I want to play.

This is a really weird niche of a playstyle that they're forcing on an entire race, most of which never asked for this or wanted it. As I've said before, this passive is better suited as an item set, not a racial. It makes a great item set to seek out for those who like it's unique, niche abilities. But a unique, weird, niche passive makes a terrible racial.

But if they must keep this stupid rolly-Polly weirdness, at least give me a useful stealth bonus. Then me and many other bosmers would actually put points in it.
  • Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried rolling through Grahtwood….no way the wood elves would have "developed" this racial with that terrain. Characters are more then stats ZOS...characters have Identity!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll save them to spend on the Psijic skill line.