The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ZOS make Crown trade scam proof

• BrokenString
    BrokenString
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand why we can't simply sell Crowns, but instead must gift items. It'd be far more convenient if we could simply send/give actual Crowns themselves like gold (via mail with or without COD, trade window, etc). If people are found to be exchanging real money in any way, ban them.

I assume it has to do with ZOS' control of crown store pricing and Crown packs. Generally, crown store prices are set at certain intervals based on crown pack prices/amounts and ZOS' data on how many crowns players have.

So if we could simply trade crowns for gold, and I want a motif that costs 5k crowns while I have 3.5k crowns, I only have to trade for 1.5k crowns. Under the current system, I have to trade for the Motif, worth 5k crowns no matter if I have 3.k crowns or 4.99k crowns.

In that case, player convenience does take a back seat to ZOS' profit.

This is what annoys me the most. I have some Crowns in my account but it was not enough to get something that I wanted, so I had to pay with gold full price for the item. Meanwhile my crowns are siting there, useless.

Buy more crowns, you may say. That woudn't work for me either because if i bought 1500 crowns, I would still have useless crowns, I don't need 1500 more, I need less for what I want right now.
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Thank god for Tamriel Crown Exchange Discord.
    The wonderful people from TTG (PCEU) moderate all the transactions for a carefree experience.

Usually people that get scammed try to save some gold by being cheap, although there have been instances where players charge the normal fee and still don't deliver.

Having such a moderator guild is a blessing.

More proof of how much the gold for crowns trade happens.
    Edited by BrokenString on February 13, 2019 2:18PM
  • BringerOfOmens
    BringerOfOmens
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could make crowns an in-game currency which can be traded like gold. Problem solved.

Crowns delivered by mail, sit in your currency tab. Remove and trade as desired, put on the guild trader, etc. Spend in crown store from the currency tab. Should be a minor change.

Hop to it hero. Make it so.
  • victory.immortalb16_ESO
    Crowns being a currency and tradeable would be a great idea, showing up in your currency tab and being able to sell them on the guild store.

My trade guilds would be super happy with that considering the cut they would make from crown sales.

That is one idea I like very much, and shouldn't be too hard to code, it's just converting crowns into another object that can be sold/stored etc rather than one held separately.

The other idea I like is the GW2 conversion, where you can freely buy or sell and where the spread is so large you cannot speculate back and forth between the two. This has the advantage of being a huge gold sink.

Overall I'd go with the first option and make it a tradeable currency ingame as it solves the current trust issues and would probably lead to an increase in crown sales!
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An easy solution would have the option to allow us to attach a COD to the gift without losing any money.