The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Extremely mad at this game

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't stress how important gear considerations are in PvP. I've had my butt handed to me in several types of PvP where I've forgotten to change out of my PvE gear. On the flip side I ran a couple characters through nMA, for skulls during Witch's Festival, in their PvP set up.

In PvP your glass cannon DPS build needs to be tankier. And your Healer or Tank needs a DPS bar. You're also droping the taunt in favor of CC skills, put them in roots, snares, and stuns.

Also consider your skills. You need less DoTs and more skills with higher up front damage, or delayed burst damage you can time against. Also consider situations, grounds DoTs are useless in open battles, players here can and know to get out of the red. Yet they are deadly in choke points and near objectives, especially with CC, because players have limited ways to move out or it cuts them off from a goal. It can even have some counter to a stealth player.

Finally, stick with your group. I have dominated in BG matches with the random queue because we were able work as a group. There will sometimes be reasons to split off, you are not there yet.
    Edited by driosketch on February 12, 2019 6:51PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Monsieur
    Monsieur
    ✭✭✭
    One of the issues is that the game doesn’t really teach you how to PVP (aside from using seige - but then how many new players use their own *** seige!).

If you’ve spent years of the game just PVE’ing, your first forays into PVP can be quite daunting.
  • JeibuKul
    JeibuKul
    ✭✭
    PvP, battlegrounds specifically in ESO, are not that bad of a mode honestly. I would say it probably ranks pretty high when compared to the pvp in other top MMO's. PvP is quite gear and group dependent, if you are lacking in one of those two categories it won't be very enjoyable for you.

If you are trying battlegrounds for the first time as a max level character, I feel bad for you, because that is when its the hardest to jump in to PvP of any sort. Because you have to face people who know what they are doing, know their builds, have the gear, etc..

Hop in with a lower level character, with some blue gear and you will enjoy it a lot more. You'll run in to a few people who have some geared out lowbies, but for the most part the battles are pretty fun and a lot more even.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seipher09 wrote: »
    I am a huge pve player. Love the story and the classes and feel of the game. Recently decided I really want a shield that's only achievable from battlegrounds.

I said what the heck let's try it. First few matches went pretty bad, once I learned the exact goals and maps the games got really bad. Once I got a real feel for it it became the most annoying thing I've ever done in any of the 10ish mmos I've really invested time into.

As a huge pve player I always thought people on the forums just liked to whine about PvP. But after doing it I truly realized this games balance and PvP is just pure awful!!

Between the constant constant stuns hitting me breaking free became useless as the stamina cost hurts to bad so when I get stunned by certain hits it's useless to try without multiple teammates directly near you fighting. The aoes are just all over like crazy, certain nightblade builds are just insanely stupid making it impossible to even attempt to fight back.

Wow this game has great pve but zos...Just delete PvP you failed so hard at it in nearly every single balance aspect. Please play your game and see how broken it is.

A little dramatic ask that the PVP be eliminated just because you suck.

never ceases to amaze me the selfishness of non-lifers, others enjoy PVP.
    Edited by Chicharron on February 12, 2019 7:39PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JeibuKul wrote: »
    Hop in with a lower level character, with some blue gear and you will enjoy it a lot more. You'll run in to a few people who have some geared out lowbies, but for the most part the battles are pretty fun and a lot more even.

I wouldn't recommend low level BG right now, It is like a dog pound full of wolves.

Edited by vamp_emily on February 12, 2019 7:46PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monsieur wrote: »
    One of the issues is that the game doesn’t really teach you how to PVP (aside from using seige - but then how many new players use their own *** seige!).

If you’ve spent years of the game just PVE’ing, your first forays into PVP can be quite daunting.

You don't want to know how long it took me to figure out how to quickslot siege, and then to actually set it up. I could see the circle on the ground, but I couldn't get the ballista to set up for the longest time. So I was totally that noob firing light attacks at the wall when I first started. :lol:
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most agree that the CC is a bit over the top. It would help a lot if snares and roots were toned down as well. Being permanently snared and rooted is quite annoying. Despite this however I think the battlegrounds are quite enjoyable, you just have to pick your fights wisely and don't charge into a group on your own and expect to last more than 2 seconds unless you use a pvp tank build.
    As for the CC break ability, you are not supposed to break every CC with it, just the ones that will get your killed. The CC immunity duration should be longer though after using it.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seipher09 wrote: »
    I am a huge pve player. Love the story and the classes and feel of the game. Recently decided I really want a shield that's only achievable from battlegrounds.

I said what the heck let's try it. First few matches went pretty bad, once I learned the exact goals and maps the games got really bad. Once I got a real feel for it it became the most annoying thing I've ever done in any of the 10ish mmos I've really invested time into.

As a huge pve player I always thought people on the forums just liked to whine about PvP. But after doing it I truly realized this games balance and PvP is just pure awful!!

Between the constant constant stuns hitting me breaking free became useless as the stamina cost hurts to bad so when I get stunned by certain hits it's useless to try without multiple teammates directly near you fighting. The aoes are just all over like crazy, certain nightblade builds are just insanely stupid making it impossible to even attempt to fight back.

Wow this game has great pve but zos...Just delete PvP you failed so hard at it in nearly every single balance aspect. Please play your game and see how broken it is.

He knows the pain.

I don't play trials because my build isn't META but I do have experience on the DLC dungeons. Nothing in PVE can prepare you for PVP. Not even the bad attitudes of teammates. Even after playing countless BGs, it still gets frustrating as hell when I get cheesed to death. And it can get very hostile (I can tell when a player wants to beat me up in real life lol)

Cyrodiil isn't any better, not even a little bit. You can be blown off the map before you even get warmed up. And then you get to ride a horse back to the battle... only to get zerged down.

PVP is the answer to the question, "How is player versus player in ESO?" It stands for, "Painful. Very painful."

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has too many CCs. That's the major problem. And snares. Snares everywhere. If they'd cut it by half there would still be a f*ton of CCs but it would be easier to enjoy.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP is broken in most games. A few rank at the top, and then complain when they don't have enough n00bs to gank regularly.

Some of us will never L2P PvP well. Even gearing out right doesn't give us the twitch skills we need.

I would be quite happy with PvP where I played against others just as bad as I am, but I find I normally get thrown in with those who wipe the floor with me. That is not fun so I don't waste my time on it. I do get annoyed when events are tied to PvP, trying to force us to play it. I recall one recently for feathers (though I missed other parts to that, so missing the PvP part IIRC was not as bad as other games).

The 'learn to play" posts are useless, but I guess that is all some can say.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »
    A little dramatic ask that the PVP be eliminated just because you suck.

never ceases to amaze me the selfishness of non-lifers, others enjoy PVP.

Asking that is a bit much, but those who love PvP are just as unthinking.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    and you were probably playing against the bottom tier noobs since you just started.

Yep, with low MMR he was against other new characters, so if that was frustrating for him, imagine the moment of getting to high MMR and be against all the familiar names of 3 x WW + healbot teams, the discord premades of Permafrost/Ultidump minitrains.. oh boy would he be "mad" then. :D

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    First time I entered BG... :smile: Omg, I got my arse handed to me, hard! Honestly, like a baggage carousel. Round and round: "is this your arse?", "is this your arse?", "is this your arse?"

You work out after a while where your weaknesses are, class, gear or play-style -- and you adapt, in fact, you keep adapting, tweaking... you can start off pretending it's just an arena filled with 'smarter' mobs with unpredictable mechanics, but that'll only get you so far. Stick with it, do some research, you'll learn -- and eventually, hopefully enjoy it.

ZOS please add Arses to a Reward of the Worthy bags!!!! Really don’t care what the do...but I legitimately want stacks of them...
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is broken in most games. A few rank at the top, and then complain when they don't have enough n00bs to gank regularly.

Some of us will never L2P PvP well. Even gearing out right doesn't give us the twitch skills we need.

I would be quite happy with PvP where I played against others just as bad as I am, but I find I normally get thrown in with those who wipe the floor with me. That is not fun so I don't waste my time on it. I do get annoyed when events are tied to PvP, trying to force us to play it. I recall one recently for feathers (though I missed other parts to that, so missing the PvP part IIRC was not as bad as other games).

The 'learn to play" posts are useless, but I guess that is all some can say.

Especially useless if those posts are coming from people who use carry sets and don't play solo.