Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

what are the must have addons for auction pricing

TraumaHawk
TraumaHawk
✭✭
what addons should i use to sell items
Edited by TraumaHawk on February 9, 2019 4:52PM
  • Ekoe1954
    Ekoe1954
    ✭✭✭
    Tamriel Trade Centre. This can be gotten via Minion, but I also google things to get the most up to date info for selling and for buying
    https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekoe1954 wrote: »
    Tamriel Trade Centre. This can be gotten via Minion, but I also google things to get the most up to date info for selling and for buying
    https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade

It's also a great tool to find listed items as well, rather than blindly hopping around the world.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • TraumaHawk
    TraumaHawk
    ✭✭
    ok do people still use master merchant to go with it tamerial trade centre or no
    Edited by TraumaHawk on February 9, 2019 5:27PM
  • Yedax
    Yedax
    ✭✭
    Tamriel Trade Centre is the superior one in my opinion. You can also go on their website, look for an item and see which guild store is selling it in the past x hours. I've found many items (mostly style pages) I've been looking for through that instead of going from vendor to vendor.

Both are being used, some use both at the same time.
  • TraumaHawk
    TraumaHawk
    ✭✭
    ok, are there any other must have addons for eso in general just wondering
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was the last time Master Merchant was updated?

Last time I looked, it looked to be abandoned.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Merchant for selling. You can argue TTC for buying
    Edited by JobooAGS on February 9, 2019 9:01PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're selling things by auction then you don't need to worry about getting the price exactly right, because it will go for whatever people offer to pay for it. You should probably set a starting price slightly below what you think it's worth to get the bidding going, but then just wait and see what happens.

If you mean selling stuff through guild stores then IMO Master Merchant is best for working out prices, because it uses data from actual sales whereas Tamriel Trade Center goes off items currently listed - which may be hugely overpriced and highly unlikely to ever sell. But I use TTC's website to find things to buy, and the addon to list my guild's stuff on there.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TraumaHawk
    TraumaHawk
    ✭✭
    whatn is there a reguler auction house now in the game? or is it still just guild auction
    Edited by TraumaHawk on February 10, 2019 3:50PM
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If you're selling things by auction then you don't need to worry about getting the price exactly right, because it will go for whatever people offer to pay for it. You should probably set a starting price slightly below what you think it's worth to get the bidding going, but then just wait and see what happens.

If you mean selling stuff through guild stores then IMO Master Merchant is best for working out prices, because it uses data from actual sales whereas Tamriel Trade Center goes off items currently listed - which may be hugely overpriced and highly unlikely to ever sell. But I use TTC's website to find things to buy, and the addon to list my guild's stuff on there.

MM is limited to the guild(s) you are currently in. TCC uses a mean of all the global listings. If you compare price checks for both, you can easily see that the suggested list price for MM and TCC isn't very far off. A couple hundred/thousand gold either way still means both are effective.

They've both been running long enough that prices have mostly stabilized, and outliers disappear as the bulk of the listings fall within an acceptable range. You'll see extreme pricing when new content comes out, and supply is scarce. But, MM will suffer from that as well..

In short, they both work, and there is very little difference between the two as far as figuring out cost. TCC is superior when it comes to searching, but that is because it is more of a global tool.
    Edited by Zathras on February 10, 2019 4:26PM
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IME, Master Merchant values do well for high-volume items, and tend to be very erratic for low-volume items in smaller, more out of the way trading guilds. This is inherent to the design of the data it uses. I don't use it specifically because that describes most of my own sales, but it really is rather dependent on what you're trying to sell and where.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find Master Merchant more useful for high-volume items, especially the graph, which not just shows you the medium price, but how scattered the price range is, and whether there is an upwards or downwards trend. Searching TTC on the web, and sorting by price, will show you all the outliers first. You can probably sell for more and it can be really slow to work that out. It is the better tool for low-volume items, though. I don't use the TTC addon, so I don't know what that's like.

I actually use Arkadiusz Trade Tools, instead of Master Merchant, because it is coded to not hammer the CPU, but update itself gradually, so you don't notice the performance impact. Particularly important when you PvP. A disadvantage of Arkadiusz is that you can't click on the pixels in the graph, which makes it harder to price items accurately. It also has less integration with Awesome Guild Store, for example you can't easily search for underpriced items.

Awesome Guild Store is pretty indispensable for buying, but also for checking prices within your own guilds.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)