The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Light Attack Damage needs to be nerfed.

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, what? Is this a joke? Light attacks are still weak in PvP, even after all the buffs.

My light attacks hit for 2k on average and I got a 4.2k crit on a potato the other day. They are totally not fine.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf LA? :D

LA doesnt restore resource.

This is how the current system running.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CMV : Light attack nerf thread =

A ) Someone who erroneously thinks other, less skilled players, can unfairly keep up with their DPS because of "free" light attacks spam.
    -> Pro tip : you are just as bad as them at rotation/weaving. (werewolf being the only real exception)

or

B ) Someone who doesn't want to improve his weaving, and has the same frustration but towards more skill players.
    -> Pro tip : spending time on the target skeleton will get you better results than nerf threads.
    Edited by Aznox on February 8, 2019 2:04PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    CMV : Light attack nerf thread =

A ) Someone who erroneously thinks other, less skilled players, can unfairly keep up with their DPS because of "free" light attacks spam.
    -> Pro tip : you are just as bad as them at rotation/weaving. (werewolf being the only real exception)

or

B ) Someone who doesn't want to improve his weaving, and has the same frustration but towards more skill players.
    -> Pro tip : spending time on the target skeleton will get you better results than nerf threads.

Its not about keepeing others from reaching top dps, when LA dmg gets lowered, cieling and floor will be lowered aswell.
    There will alaway sbe a gap, if thats gone, then the progress community will also vanish.

I personally also think that LA are too strong in their current state.
    Even Tho I can weave pretty good, but I dont want to cut lower players off the DMG chart, by letting la deal like 0 dmg
    a nerf to LA dmg would nerf both players, actually the one who can weave perfectly is hit more than the one who uses only las here and there from time to time

LA should provide more dmg that heavies, but not as much dmg as they do now, its just silly....watch a CMX parse and you see La at Nr1...not your spammable, but LA's, which you just on the go use inbetween skills....it is not balanced at all sry

and NO vMA staff alone cannot be blamed for this mess, It was already used by in the days when LA did not deal nearly as much dmg as they do now, not saying the dont play a part in it, but the IMo bigger problem is the high Basevalue of LA, combined with all the Amps they can get on top of the high basedmg,
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on February 8, 2019 2:24PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SaintSubwayy what you say is exactly what i wrote : a nerf to light attack would be a nerf to the more skilled half of the playerbase and would up the skill floor.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SaintSubwayy what you say is exactly what i wrote : a nerf to light attack would be a nerf to the more skilled half of the playerbase and would up the skill floor.

IMO this has not to be a bad thing thou, as long as propper weaving and groupplay and groupsynergy can keep a gap between highend players and the average player its ok to nerf LA.

but this would require for the nerf to be BALANCED, which sadly doesnt seem to fit ZOS nerfhammer startegy...

PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf "Nerf" threads
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »
    Nerf "Nerf" threads

very constructive to the Topic

We know that making nerf threads isnt liked by alot of ppl, because they migh tloose 1% dps etc.

But atleast we try to discuss such topics to bring a certain balance to the game, even if it requires nerfs.
    so either you could contribute to the topic, or just dont comment at all.
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on February 8, 2019 2:36PM
    PC EU

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP may be over-buffing light attacks.

Honestly nerfing LAs (and then slightly buffing ability damage, ie with wep damage increases) would bring worse players closer to the top - Which is one of the key aims with ZOS; To lower the ceiling and raise the floor.

From a personal perspective, I do get all my LAs up (Except on the PTS where lag can seriously *** me over if im even slightly tired), and it is currently a fundamental part of the "skill" of a dd. But it also never feels good when light attacking is such a high percentage of your total damage.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP may be over-buffing light attacks.

Honestly nerfing LAs (and then slightly buffing ability damage, ie with wep damage increases) would bring worse players closer to the top - Which is one of the key aims with ZOS; To lower the ceiling and raise the floor.

From a personal perspective, I do get all my LAs up (Except on the PTS where lag can seriously *** me over if im even slightly tired), and it is currently a fundamental part of the "skill" of a dd. But it also never feels good when light attacking is such a high percentage of your total damage.

thats the Direct DMG meta, we are in right now.
    66 Points into Master at arms and 15-25 in Staffexpert add up to such a high value on LA....

But the master at arms also cause trouble with DOTs, since they buff the initial Hit by so much, that the DOT just looks like a wet noodle besides the initial cast.

Taking away like 15-20% initial dmg, and adding it to the Dots would also change the spamming meta for rending slashes, DK Claw and embers etc. and would return them to be primarily used as DOTS, which IMO ZOS should do, to get away from this Meta.
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on February 8, 2019 2:42PM
    PC EU

• Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it also never feels good when light attacking is such a high percentage of your total damage.

Ok, weird, but at least that's an argument.

Anyone else wanna offer a clear reason to nerf light attack other than "they do too much damage" ?
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's put it like this - I actually have reconsidered. To think of it, nerfing light attacks will mostly nerf magicka players since only magicka has them as their first line on the parse. So the nerf will amount to nerfing magicka damage across the board.

As a stamina main, I wholeheartedly welcome the proposal. :trollface:
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's put it like this - I actually have reconsidered. To think of it, nerfing light attacks will mostly nerf magicka players since only magicka has them as their first line on the parse. So the nerf will amount to nerfing magicka damage across the board.

Relequen nerf is actually long overdue TBH....this set is carrying stamdps on its own.
    Just take it out and slot TFS instead, switch Mundus and do a dummy, Im interessted in the numbers resulting...will prob be only shy ahead of magickas in terms of DPS

This set should have helped weaker players to hit good DPS lvls...but as long as good players can also abuse it, it will be storng as hell....DPS parses with 7k DPS from relequne alone arent uncomon
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on February 8, 2019 2:51PM
    PC EU

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SaintSubwayy , I know, right? Except this patch, stamina already got its share of nerfs with the arrow in DW, and now only stamblades and stamdens hit significantly higher than magicka. For other classes, that "risk vs. reward" thing is ceasing to exist. Would like to see more sets the strength of Relequen and with some skill requirement attached (though Relequen itself isn't exactly universal - in vBRP, I'll be hitting higher with TFS than with Relequen), but so far, it's the only game in town and it keeps stamina up with magicka.

(But as an aside, troll face should have been enough of a hint that I'm not supporting LA nerf.)
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Relequen nerf is actually long overdue TBH....this set is carrying stamdps on its own.
    Just take it out and slot TFS instead, switch Mundus and do a dummy, Im interessted in the numbers resulting...will prob be only shy ahead of magickas in terms of DPS

This set should have helped weaker players to hit good DPS lvls...but as long as good players can also abuse it, it will be storng as hell....DPS parses with 7k DPS from relequne alone arent uncomon

So u mean Zos should nerf all meta sets which including mag and stam in game?
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

So u mean Zos should nerf all meta sets which including mag and stam in game?

well yes and no
    you'll have to admit that relequen is carring Stamina builds pretty hard.
    IF they would manage to get sets or set combos onto a even level, we would see many more different builds andclasses beeing used in PVE.

Right now its kinda:
    meele possible?
    yes -> only stamblades
    no-> meelespots filled with stamblades, ranged filled with magblades and magplars

doesnt seem balanced to me tbh.
    yes on "lower" tiered groups you can easily bring a magsorc, or stamdens etc. because when the skilllvl isnt very high, the DPS difference isnt as noticeable.
    PC EU

• mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not bad at weaving or anything like that, i get like 49-50k parses and check it its 25% LA damage, just from weaving its just stupid imo.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcagatayg wrote: »
    I'm not bad at weaving or anything like that, i get like 49-50k parses and check it its 25% LA damage, just from weaving its just stupid imo.

So you spend 50% of your actions in you rotation weaving LA, that amounts to 25% of your total DPS.

This shows that LA is already the least damaging (as in damage per action) of all your damaging abilities.

Why is that situation "just stupid" ?
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you spend 50% of your actions in you rotation weaving LA, that amounts to 25% of your total DPS.

This shows that LA is already the least damaging (as in damage per action) of all your damaging abilities.

You cant quite compare it like this
    Since LA and skills dont share the same global cooldown, but work in between of each others cooldowns
    If you would have to wait 1 sec after casting a skill, then do the LA then they would be equal to 50% of your actions
    PC EU

• Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You cant quite compare it like this
    Since LA and skills dont share the same global cooldown, but work in between of each others cooldowns
    If you would have to wait 1 sec after casting a skill, then do the LA then they would be equal to 50% of your actions

LA is an action (press left clic)
    skill 1 is an action (press button 1)
    skill 2 is an action (press button 2)
    etc..

if you do LA/Skill1/LA/Skill2, then half of you actions have been LA (even if you don't have a choice about it)

Can we get to the part where people start to propose factual arguments about LA doing too much damage ?
    Edited by Aznox on February 8, 2019 4:01PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we had enough Nerf threads yet?
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh another person commenting without providing any indepth infor or contributing to the topic at all

I apolozige for talking about a topic which does not suit your view ....
    Still gona keep talking about it, since its an important topic regarding balance, even if it has to include a nerf
    PC EU

• BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤔

Hmmmm, light attack is a single button press, majority of other skills are a single button press.

Light attacks on my rotation will be 50% of the button presses, yet it only does 22% of damage.

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh another person commenting without providing any indepth infor or contributing to the topic at all

Still gona keep talking about it, since its an important topic regarding balance, even if it has to include a nerf

Buff thread:

Buff everything except light attacks.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buff thread:

Buff everything except light attacks.

Go ahhead im gona support it, yet ive made some buff threads already...they normally dont work as good as nerf threads (sadly)
    PC EU

• SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤔

Hmmmm, light attack is a single button press, majority of other skills are a single button press.

Light attacks on my rotation will be 50% of the button presses, yet it only does 22% of damage.

At the cost of 0 magicka....with an abosrb glyph they even give some magicka :wink:

Sounds balanced indeed :trollface:
    PC EU

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In pve my rotation and gear are good but my dps sucks because I’m terrible at light attack weaving. I usually heal so can’t be bothered to practice.

I’ve always thought light attack weaving is silly though. The main reason is lag. On the PTS people can break 60k but can’t on live, those that think lag and ping aren’t huge issues aren’t being honest. In raids your ping jumps too so it’s even worse.

I’ve also noticed light attack weaving is more difficult on a destro staff them melee weapon but don’t know why.

People are used to it but I have no doubt that the game would be better without light attacks in the game.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll file this with the other threads demanding PVE-specific nerfs

25-gold-toilet.w330.h412.jpg
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you consider the amount of LAG in PVP as well. weaving light attacks through all the lag treacle... i agree they are to strong.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh god, now we're going after nerfing light attacks? How about we nerf combat to running around naked and shouting insults at each other?

Stop the madness! NO MORE NERFS!!