The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do You Like Whilst Slotted Bonus On Active Skills?

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I would rather all abilities on my bar be there to be used.
    Nope. I greatly dislike design of Bound Armor and Inner Light. To some degree even design of some ultimates that are just stat boosts and rarely get used (notably flawless DB)
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other, I have another opinion on this.
    The abilities are fine themselves, but I do think ZOS should make a specified passives slot so they don't take up one of our 5 active slots.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was one very cool warden skill which provided major expedition for 14 seconds. Now it is ditched to be some stupid must have slottable which notably boosts your dps simply for being slotted and is almost never used as skill.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With as few slots as we have, I'd like them to be for skills I can actually use.

Similarly, it's horribe that pets still need to be double-barred. Sorcerers need further buffing anyway beyond Amplitude; let it start with pets finally being single-barred, with no offsetting nerf.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually enjoy playing most classes except for magicka sorcs especially because most builds are so restricted in bar space by these skills and the annoying double slotted pets (same thing for warden ultimate and bird of prey) that the rotations feel kinda dulled down.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i HATE them... im all ready short on Space to put abilities... so i hate it when i need to slot like.. 2 abilities that barely do anything just to get those Passive stuff like some juicy crit chance etc.... or passive dmg increase....
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other, I have another opinion on this.
    I am not a fan of having something take a bar space to provide a buff, but at the same time getting 5% more magicka is nice and everything should come with a cost. Whether it is magicka cost of the skill or the opportunity cost of taking a space that could be used for a buff or DoT.

Some damage rotations are already complicated so having an extra DoT that provides the same amount of damage take that spot on the bar would make those rotations more complicated.

In short, if we were talking about making the 5% Magicka buff from Inner Light a mages guild passive so we would be free to slot something else there then I would be ok with it. The problem is the combat team would be more likely to just remove the 5% Magicka buff to "make another skill more compelling" and that I wouldn't support.

Playing since beta...