Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Monster masks at normal mode

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
So in dungeons, why are monster masks only for vet players? You get all the same gear in norm dungeons just in a different quality. So why cant monster masks be awarded in normal dungeons as well just in blue quality items?
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because upgrading from blue to purple is stupid cheap and easy. How about we keep somethings in the game in a place we actually have to earn them?
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entitlement much?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're after the look, it comes around in style page form. You can earn one via keys (which you can get on norm), the other you can purchase, albeit for obscene amounts of gold.

If you want the actual mask, you need to clear Vet, period.

It doesn't require hardmode, speed run, no death, just a vet clear.

There's yet to be a 4 man dungeon where this is not reasonable to do given enough time and a moderately skilled group.

Not every thing has to be accessible to every person.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its there to encourage and reward players who complete the dungeon on Veteran difficulty. Just like the extra Undaunted key is a reward and encouragement to complete the pledge on Veteran Hardmode.

Yes, its possible to get the Helm from the Golden Vendor in Cyrodiil without ever having to run the dungeon at all, but even there, the wait and RNG is prohibitive enough to encourage players to run the dungeon. For example, on PC/NA, we waited just over a year after its release before the Earthgore Helm appeared in the Golden Vendor.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So in dungeons, why are monster masks only for vet players? You get all the same gear in norm dungeons just in a different quality. So why cant monster masks be awarded in normal dungeons as well just in blue quality items?

Would you take the helmet at Cp150 instead of 160? You can have it in purple, then...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Would you take the helmet at Cp150 instead of 160? You can have it in purple, then...
    Still no. The difference between Vet and Norm is worth far more than 10 frontloaded CP's.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP what mask are you looking for and what server are you on?
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fungal grotto 1 isnt the hardest Vet dungeon in the universe. Do that first for stamina builds then go to storm fist then to selenes or velindreth. Monster masks are meant to be something you dedicate effort and time to get. It took me ages to get Zaan's mask in scalecaller but when we did it i felt accomplished.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    OP what mask are you looking for and what server are you on?

Im not looking for anything, and im on xbox EU
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non dlc vet dungeons are already pathetically easy. And if you want zaan or velidreth on 160 CP with blue gear and no rotation, then I can't help.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want monster masks without doing dungeons, grind AP and hope the golden has the one you want.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reckon they should change all the base game dungeons and trials gear to bind on equip. Most of it isn't best in slot anyway.
    It would also create a new avenue for traders to make a bit of cash while helping newer players with some slightly better gear to farm the new DLC dungeons and trials with. I know ZOS wants to keep people grinding but with ever expanding amounts of content it isn't like most people will run out of things to grind for any time soon.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lokulin wrote: »
    I reckon they should change all the base game dungeons and trials gear to bind on equip. Most of it isn't best in slot anyway.
    It would also create a new avenue for traders to make a bit of cash while helping newer players with some slightly better gear to farm the new DLC dungeons and trials with. I know ZOS wants to keep people grinding but with ever expanding amounts of content it isn't like most people will run out of things to grind for any time soon.

It used to be that way where everything was bind on equip, then they did away with it. Ive always thought it should be like that. But i doubt it will happen
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For base game they're all dead easy to get. Only dlc dungeons are a bit of a struggle to get helms. Even then, they're not too hard for 4 semi competent players to get.

If you can't get mister helms, you have bigger problems either your build other than not having monster helms.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    For base game they're all dead easy to get. Only dlc dungeons are a bit of a struggle to get helms. Even then, they're not too hard for 4 semi competent players to get.

If you can't get mister helms, you have bigger problems either your build other than not having monster helms.

I have no problems getting monster helms, i just think they should be achievable at normal mode just make them account bound.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a much lower drop chance and quality I have no issues with it.

5% drop chance would be fine for me, as people would still need to invest a lot of time if they're not lucky.
    emily3989 wrote: »
    Because upgrading from blue to purple is stupid cheap and easy. How about we keep somethings in the game in a place we actually have to earn them?
    ESO already sells legendary versions of the mask, there isn't anything to "earn" in these items any more.
    Edited by Turelus on February 14, 2019 12:16PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the drop rate is a fair compromise. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    If it's a much lower drop chance and quality I have no issues with it.

5% drop chance would be fine for me, as people would still need to invest a lot of time if they're not lucky.
    emily3989 wrote: »
    ESO already sells legendary versions of the mask, there isn't anything to "earn" in these items any more.

The Golden does not sell legendary quality monster set pieces, despite what the name might suggest. They are all epic (purple) quality.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just no.

First, you want to have some kind of challenge to aim for. When I started doing dungeons any Vet dungeon was an awesome challenge, now I have multiple versions of all the basic hats and it’s the DLC vets that are intimidating. For me the hats, the heads and the busts are indications of my progression in the game.

Second, if you aren’t doing vet dungeons and/or aren’t capable of doing them, what content are you doing that requires a monster set?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Just no.

First, you want to have some kind of challenge to aim for. When I started doing dungeons any Vet dungeon was an awesome challenge, now I have multiple versions of all the basic hats and it’s the DLC vets that are intimidating. For me the hats, the heads and the busts are indications of my progression in the game.

Second, if you aren’t doing vet dungeons and/or aren’t capable of doing them, what content are you doing that requires a monster set?

At a guess? PVP.

Monster sets are a good source of proc damage.

Now, for PVE, I'd have to agree with you. And even for PVP, I'm in favor of monster helms being locked behind the Vet Dugeons and Golden Vendor RNG.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please no. I understand why this might seem attractive at the onset, but experience shows otherwise. Earthgore was locked behind difficult content, and only a handful of us had it in Cyrodil, so it wasn't a problem. The day it dropped in the golden though, everyone had access and now Cyrodil is inundated with it and it is ruining PvP. It was a huge mistake to make it available and it should never have been added to the golden rotation.

If you make all monster helms available at normal levels, there is no longer any reason to improve your game play, and we end up with a bunch of terrible players (who usually run in zergs) crutching on sets which become overwhelming when used by large numbers in a concentrated area.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll trade you monster masks in normal if no event ever drops Dungeon motifs ever again.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    Please no. I understand why this might seem attractive at the onset, but experience shows otherwise. Earthgore was locked behind difficult content, and only a handful of us had it in Cyrodil, so it wasn't a problem. The day it dropped in the golden though, everyone had access and now Cyrodil is inundated with it and it is ruining PvP. It was a huge mistake to make it available and it should never have been added to the golden rotation.

If you make all monster helms available at normal levels, there is no longer any reason to improve your game play, and we end up with a bunch of terrible players (who usually run in zergs) crutching on sets which become overwhelming when used by large numbers in a concentrated area.

Since i made this post. This is the only point ive seen that was articulated well. Everyone else has said something to the extant of “well if you are not good enough to get it on vet mode you dont deserve it” as if just because they are better at playing a game necessarily makes them more deserving of anything. ive gotten many of the dlc vet masks, so its not that i cant get it. I can get vet masks with a good team. But i understand this point. Good job. You are right, this is something i never thought about. PvP would be nuts, but on the flip side it would make pvp more competative, no?
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll trade you monster masks in normal if no event ever drops Dungeon motifs ever again.

I think people buy those motifs anyways from the crown store
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think people buy those motifs anyways from the crown store

I made 300+K off march so its not that cut and dry.

*edit my bad 500K+
    Edited by karekiz on February 20, 2019 10:30PM
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Why would all the *** players get the same gear as good players?

I say improve your game, join guilds, find friends and just do it on vet.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, not needed at all.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

God.... If everyone had earthgore and zaan...

No thanks!
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 25, 2019 11:54AM
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

God.... If everyone had earthgore and zaan...

No thanks!

Ok so just change it where dlc dungeons are not included, im in agreement with you on monster set helms like that
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you make all monster helms available at normal levels, there is no longer any reason to improve your game play

I'm not gonna take a side in this however I want to ask a question on this statement. A lot of players, myself included, and I am not suggesting the majority of the player base, could care less about end game PvE really. Perhaps they work at improving their PvP game play? Did you consider that?

I thought this was a play your way game, not a Play My Way or hit the Highway game?