Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "A Letter to the Community from ESO's Loremaster"

• MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the best, may your road lead you to warm sands!
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Gl hf, Loremaster
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sooooooo sad to hear this. :(
    @ZOS_Lawrence_Schick "May your sword stay sharp and your arrows fly true!" 1,000 huzzahs to you and your new life quest. FYI... I have been a fan of yours since you wrote "White Plum Mountain" for D&D!!!
    a1tpwz.jpg

Now to speculate who will be new loremaster... Jeb Cook maybe??? The only one at ZoS, if he is still there, to fill those huge shoes. And I know that it was said family matters, but I can't stop thinking about the people leaving ZoS recently.
    Things that make you go "hmmmmmm"....

Again, GOOD LUCK @ZOS_Lawrence_Schick ... You will be greatly missed.... Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Cookiestealer
    Cookiestealer
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much, Lawrence!
    You really made TES universe even more personal for everyone. May good luck and love follow you on every path.

"Goodnight Mundus"
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck in all your future endeavors and thanks so much for all you've done for ESO.
  • Khipu
    Khipu
    ✭✭✭
    omg... Noooo no no no! My lore - heart is wrenching with such anguish. I love you! Thank you for everything! Especially, for one, making my brain hurt from reasoning for some time in correcting my idea of the pronunciation of DREUGH!

Best wishes and... your family is SO LUCKY! bah! You are going to be soooo00! missed!

~kisses~
    Sejreia-Efeliel-Olympias-Emerald Ire-Asifi Kare-Skips~on~Starfire-Everbloom-Sugrahdun-Elsreia-Ceruval
    PC NA
    MMORPG:2004-2019
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty. - @Cundu_Ertur
    “Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.” ― Walt Whitman
  • DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
  • Death_Courir
    Death_Courir
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for all Lawrence! It was always a great pleasure to hear or read from you and your work. In posts, live streams or on the one or other con. May a worthy human follow you and enrich your work. Farewell and always have fun. We will miss you. :'(<3
    CP 1200+; Feierabend- und Wochendspieler mit realem Leben, Freunden und Verantwortungen; Lange dabei und trotzdem Noob!
  • Lupusdiabolus
    Lupusdiabolus
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for everything you did and for your last message to us Lawrence!
    Wish you and your family best of luck.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a wizard NPC modeled on our beloved departing loremaster. Voiced by him of course! He could be a lorebook seller! C'mon ZOS this would be awesome! Dooo eeeetttt!!!!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At first I was Cu_8LCtWYAA7UJ3.png
    sad to see Loremaster going

but then I was CrNgzZzUsAAoYKS.png
    For all the great fun he had !
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on February 11, 2019 3:49PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't weep because something is ending. Smile because it happened.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Music so often is able to express feelings and emotions that I simply do not have adequate words to convey.. you will be missed, lore master. There will never be another like you... fare-thee-well.
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on February 11, 2019 5:10PM
  • jorabyte
    jorabyte
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno:

I feel this is a fitting place for a suggestion as a player who loves TES games and the lore associated therewith.

As Master Schick so eloquently stated, in ESO the community is contributing to the lore: how amazing would it be if there were in-game, player-authored lore books and scrolls? I know we have in-game chat and email, but these are neither persistent nor sharable. In the game's present state it is difficult to leave a lasting mark on the shared but instanced game world.

I can understand the potential for problems associated with unfettered in-game publishing, but we now have an instanced housing system. It would be a simple but valuable solution to introduce Writing Desk and Lectern crafting stations, placeable in one's house, where an eager scribe might pen his or her thoughts to parchment and display an open book or scroll for reading, respectively. Since friends and guildmates can be permitted to visit houses, the possibilities for roleplay and the continued player-based expansion of the lore would be endless!

I commend Master Schick for his tremendous contribution to this world, and hope for the continued growth and betterment of the community.
    Edited by jorabyte on February 12, 2019 10:50PM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I made a toon years ago based on Sir Lawrence..... Shall cherish this character now..... :(
    2ahflvr.jpg
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)