The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Buying ESO collection

feranash
feranash
Hi!

I currently have ESO Tamriel Unlimited and I would like to upgrade to a few DLCs. The sale for basegame+morrowwind+summerset+etc etc makes this interesting. (https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_collection)

The question: If I buy this, would this function as an upgrade? So buying this pack and adding it to my account will add all the DLCs to my existing account (so I dont lose my characters). Or will I actually buy a completely new account this way?

Thank you in advance,

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure you would not qualify for it on your existing account ... since you already have the base game.

But you're right, if you want to have a second account, the purchase would work that way.

By the way, the only DLC in that package is Morrowind.

Don't forget that Morrowind is going on sale for super cheap (1,750 crowns) during the Morrowind Event that starts Thursday.

• feranash
    feranash
    Thanks for your answer Talesof2Cities. I hope Zenimax can confirm its not true. Cause aint that just like..super stupid? I Supported this game in the beginning for full price. Now I've returned, I dont even have morrowind (while it comes free with the base game). And when I am like: Oh yeah a nice sale, lets buy it: Nope, u can only buy it FULL PRICES YARR HARR HARR. I escaped activision for its marketing-based construction. And now this?

Screw existing members and all hail new player bonding? Is that the way Zenimax wants to go?

PS.
    Why cant it just be like: Buy the sale, and get seperate keys for every DLC? This way I can just redeem the DLCs..

PSS.
    I just did the math. If i'd buy morrowwind with the sale, buy the crowns and the discounted summerset upgrade. I'd lose 65 euros approx. Thats 35 euro's more then if I just make a new account. How is this fair towards existing players?
    Edited by feranash on February 6, 2019 9:53AM
  • feranash
    feranash
    Ok, according to some guy on reddit, who said it would get added to your account as long as you're logged in the store with the desired account, it should be possible! So out of impatience and frustration (the kind of: no they wouldnt screw me over like this right) I just bought it and LET IT BE KNOWN!!

If you have an eso account with the basegame, and buy the collection edition your account will simply get upgraded and you have all the DLCs + your current characters!!

Thank you Zenimax for not screwing us existing players over :heart: !! You should really add a note to the items that it will get added to your account, so people like me dont need to get shocked :tongue:

This post can be closed
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    I want to say it not contain all DLCs. Some lesser will be in Crown store only. I mean some with dungeons, Clockwork City and Murkmire. But anyway it's very good news. I ready do it too. Thanks ZOS!
    Edited by Alexium on February 6, 2019 11:29PM