The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current Broken State of Batteground

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    NyassaV wrote: »
    We need an MMR reset after each month or something. I'm so tired of fighting the players I aim to escape when I go to BGs instead of Cyrodiil.

So you wanna farm noobs in bgs?

Isnt that exactly the thing all players want? 1vX is also nothing different than finding a group of new/bad players that lack knowledge and gear to have a chance to win a fair fight.

But then you are challenging yourself by fighting however many people you can take on on your own. Fighting less skilled players with equal numbers becomes boring rather quickly.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    We need an MMR reset after each month or something. I'm so tired of fighting the players I aim to escape when I go to BGs instead of Cyrodiil.

Isnt that exactly the thing all players want? 1vX is also nothing different than finding a group of new/bad players that lack knowledge and gear to have a chance to win a fair fight.

But then you are challenging yourself by fighting however many people you can take on on your own. Fighting less skilled players with equal numbers becomes boring rather quickly.

Yeah, so in the end bgs need seperate queues to make sense. A team queue and a solo/duo queue maybe. Its almost impossible to not completely roll over bgs if u are queuing as team in a non team. I played some team bgs but its boring if u roll 500-30-30 or smth like that over ur opponent. And I also got rolled playing some solos. Half of the BGs teams dont even have the same numbers. Often its smth like 4v2v3. Its especially fun if the 4 guys adjusted there sets according to the game mode. While ur playing with another guy that doesnt know how the mode even works.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to post the Step Brothers playground fight scene so badly xD
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely the BG matches are sometimes frustrating when you go against a 4 man warden/werewolf team that is very coordinated. And I end up with 2 stamBlades that just wanna snipe from base and are to terrified to even leave base lol and when they do they are far away spamming stealth terrified to engage.

But then sometimes I get a stamBlade ganker that rolls with the team and just nukes the healer for that coordinated team and almost never dies and is just really helpful but that's like 10/1000 stamBlades lol.

I just try to hit the other team or separate that mega team.

What I HATE HOWEVER. Is those teammates that say 'meh we ain't winning this I'm gonna to out and just mess around' NO you have been messing around not playing with the team just trying to get a high kill screenshot but making us lose because we are far to separated for that coordinated monster. Or we are not doing any objectives.

I wish those guys who just wanna kill would do deathmatch. I rather kill as well but I'm too competitive to not do the freaking objectives...
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still have a blast fossilizing, LA, whipping, and clawing people in the face no problem ...then wings and im out... :D:D (DM-matches)

I do hate running into the pre-made Tank groups though. Those builds leave me exposed for too long resulting in frustration and ultimately death if I'm not being tactical or my group is in lala land not sticking somewhat close together, but its still fun none the less..

Also, don't forget a lot of people primarily play BG's and they're really really good...I play them daily and have good-moderate success, but I do know that I will get matched up against players that are better from time to time but take it as a learning experience and figure out ways to counter for next time...
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blame the armor sets for pooping out so much healing and damage without any real cost to running them. Every try killing tanky builds with 4x Bogdan in BGs and proc sets?

I've won before, but I can say that the sets honestly carried the enemies completely. I don't think a proc set should ever continuously heal or damage more than an actual skill, but maybe that's just me.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard nCP is very skill based. Especially the removal of the crutch the game was balanced around makes for a good combat experience.

So you all are fake news and need to go back to school.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Blame the armor sets for pooping out so much healing and damage without any real cost to running them. Every try killing tanky builds with 4x Bogdan in BGs and proc sets?

I've won before, but I can say that the sets honestly carried the enemies completely. I don't think a proc set should ever continuously heal or damage more than an actual skill, but maybe that's just me.

If it's an argonian you can forget about it. I've seen these take so much damage from three or four directions and just heal through it like it was nothing.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really.
    Atleast 1vX creates an outnumbered situation (where ideally for me - i can´t speak for others - the opposition has a real chance of winning). BGs are even numbers by design which makes noobstomping all the worse.

It´s the main reason why i can´t enjoy BGs (outside of them being noCP).
    When you grpqueue you stomp noobs 9 out of 10 games and run the risk of losing the one interesting game bc you fell asleep before.
    When you soloqueue you get matched against 2 3 or 4 mans and get stomped most of the time.

An all around undesirable situation.
    Edited by Derra on February 6, 2019 5:29PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea why people complain about werewolves in BGs, you just cc them (snare or root) and they're pretty easy to take out. Who do you think are the people making all the threads about snares and cc in pvp?

If ZoS gives in to the whiners about cc then there will really be something to complain about, werewolves will become overpowered. Until then there are counters to every spec, using them is what causes all these 'nerf x' threads to be made. People want to be overpowered and complain about people being able to counter their style.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I have no idea why people complain about werewolves in BGs, you just cc them (snare or root) and they're pretty easy to take out. Who do you think are the people making all the threads about snares and cc in pvp?

If ZoS gives in to the whiners about cc then there will really be something to complain about, werewolves will become overpowered. Until then there are counters to every spec, using them is what causes all these 'nerf x' threads to be made. People want to be overpowered and complain about people being able to counter their style.

The problem with WWs is when they run in a pack leader premade. There are too many pets on the screen, which makes targeting the players a nightmare, even when you’re spamming CCs.

Pet targeting is a joke, and people exploit the hell out of it in BGs to secure easy wins.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If everyone else is tanking , healing and bursting with no problems despite the lack of CP and you can't, then why don't try to improve instead of asking the developers to literally dumb down the game for you? Or is your problem the premade versus solo player situations that happens because there aren't enough people interested in PvP to separate group que from solo que?

If you're worried about new player experience, There is an MMR system that works ok, you can test it out yourself by making a new character, and you will see that most players don't know what they are doing and premades almost don't exist in low mmr.

in other words, git gud my friend. Just git gud.

dammmmmmnnnnn - absolutely nuclear!
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've watched on a daily basis werewolves dominate BG. Their fear, their heal, and their attacks are some of the most powerful out there. Groups with a werewolf huddle together and go where he goes because their very effective strategy is to target a player, fear them, and then nuke them. I've watched players melt in seconds under this tactic. It's like a truck that just runs through everyone who gets in front of it. You must play a werewolf if you think they're so easy to deal with on battlegrounds.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 6, 2019 10:36PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don’t play a werewolf. They’re a melee class with no ranged option, they’re basicly king while in melee range.

Solution? Don’t be in melee range and snare plus immobilize them. I don’t think they’re dominant at all, but I do see lots of melee complain about them. Especially DKs and other classes who are used to being the kings of melee range.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 7, 2019 5:44AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don’t play a werewolf. They’re a melee class with no ranged option, they’re basicly king while in melee range.

Solution? Don’t be in melee range and snare plus immobilize them. I don’t think they’re dominant at all, but I do see lots of melee complain about them. Especially DKs and other classes who are used to being the kings of melee range.

It's not that simple as WW leaps. They fear that is best CC type in the game, makes targeting hard with herd of dogs, is very resistant, put a very hard pressure with armor-ignore dots, heals for high amounts.
    Ironically the best counter against them is most hated ranged skill in the game - Snipe.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    they should either do something with the gear cap or dont allow sub 160cp players to join with 160+ players. or have a "noob league" for solo random queuing, going up to 240 or something, that could be a bit friendlier to new players.