Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current Broken State of Batteground

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Started playing BG after 2 months in PC EU, feel surprised to see all High Level Players only in BG.

Seems like everyone performing all roles, excellent heals, very Tanky and doing amazing Burst Damage.

Balance is totally shaken-up in BG! Requesting ZOS to check statistics and see if lower CP players / PUGS are really discouraged to go in BG?

Edited by Lord_Eomer on February 5, 2019 5:11PM
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds kind of not broken to me
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »

May be then its my observation based on 10-15 matches i played since Yesterday.

I can see, most of players are happy when they can go on with Unkillable builds!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on February 5, 2019 5:06PM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good. For me it mostly diverse and much fun on Xbox EU. There are some teams that go full stamwarden or full ww with adds and torugs but yeah they are sucking all joy out themselves. For majority really good experience.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need an MMR reset after each month or something. I'm so tired of fighting the players I aim to escape when I go to BGs instead of Cyrodiil.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see, most of players are happy when they can go on with Unkillable builds!

So they are supposed to make killable builds, not heal or tank. And notcoordinate as a cohesive team. Ok I get it now. Perhaps they should have a premade team BG and an random (PUG) BG run seperately? That might be an idea
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So they are supposed to make killable builds, not heal or tank. And notcoordinate as a cohesive team. Ok I get it now. Perhaps they should have a premade team BG and an random (PUG) BG run seperately? That might be an idea

I am Ok for myself having Tanky build with excellent heals and enough burst to have win-win situation but current state of BG is a disaster and win-win for pre-made groups.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Sounds good. For me it mostly diverse and much fun on Xbox EU. There are some teams that go full stamwarden or full ww with adds and torugs but yeah they are sucking all joy out themselves. For majority really good experience.

On Xbox EU, almost this ^

Some games you'll be put against life-sapping meta-chasing premade teams that cannot compete alone but get satisfaction from single target piling and keeping < 300 CP guys in safe zones for whatever reason.

Other times you get put in a lobby with mixed-skill solo players and other times you get put in a full beginner lobby, matchmaking doesn't seem to make any sense.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/bnoc-sk/video/68785098

Cp 17, Cp 224, Cp 449 and me Cp ~1200 I can't imagine what it's like when they come up against a premade but I bet that this quality of matchmaking is part of the discouragement.

That's not uncommon though, not on Xbox.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought everyone gets one shotted in bgs according to the forums?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not really!

Players are very tanky, can heal and do burst! its no longer battle ground but Bleeding Ground!
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not really the best place for solos anymore. And it's really not a place for low CP players. I'm sorry for them because I know they want to play. The damage is just too high on some of these monster sets and weapons for low CP players.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really!

Players are very tanky, can heal and do burst! its no longer battle ground but Bleeding Ground!

Or maybe it’s just as you’ve said: there’s no low levels in bgs anymore.

I imagine on PC due to the more competitive nature of it, the guys that do get one shot just don’t queue up anymore because matchmaking lets them down continually.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing is insanely strong.

I don’t know what’s goin on with the EU server, but healers in PC NA dictate how the BG match ends.

Those low level players, if they’re not in the under 50 BGs, then I’m assuming you mean low CP. they’re probably in a different MMR bracket. Meaning, you’ve played too many BG matches and now the game only matches you with other players who have played as much as you.

If anything is broken, it’s the MMR system.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on February 5, 2019 6:22PM
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't BG non cp?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't BG non cp?

On papers yes but it seems being played with CP
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If everyone else is tanking , healing and bursting with no problems despite the lack of CP and you can't, then why don't try to improve instead of asking the developers to literally dumb down the game for you? Or is your problem the premade versus solo player situations that happens because there aren't enough people interested in PvP to separate group que from solo que?

If you're worried about new player experience, There is an MMR system that works ok, you can test it out yourself by making a new character, and you will see that most players don't know what they are doing and premades almost don't exist in low mmr.

in other words, git gud my friend. Just git gud.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 5, 2019 10:24PM
  • Pdoherty4637_ESO
    Pdoherty4637_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if MMR ever resets? like after leaderboards reset weekly or when a new DLC/Patch comes out? Or is it literally just how many games you've played/medals you have on a per character basis that's constantly climbing
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Started playing BG after 2 months in PC EU, feel surprised to see all High Level Players only in BG.

Seems like everyone performing all roles, excellent heals, very Tanky and doing amazing Burst Damage.

Balance is totally shaken-up in BG! Requesting ZOS to check statistics and see if lower CP players / PUGS are really discouraged to go in BG?

They mostly killed smallscale so many skilled players went into bgs, simple as that.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I solo queue as a BG healer, thanks for the compliment about healers dictating matches! About 3 months ago I would never see healers in BGs.

How does the ranking system work? I thought it reset every week or so.

The biggest issue I found (I started the game 4-5 months ago) for newer players are bad forum information, how different it is from pve, and people not sharing information so they can hide what they find to get an advantage.

As a healer once you figure out you need to spec half tank so you don’t get bursted down in a couple of seconds things improve. As a dps things improve once you figure out people are taking damage (even when it seems like they aren’t), they just have a ton of self healing.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get_Packed wrote: »

They mostly killed smallscale so many skilled players went into bgs, simple as that.

Especially after the mobility nerfs this is true.(maybe the nerfs to ball groups next patch might change that? I hope so cause cyrodiil is a boring place without true small scale fights) I think its not as bad as some people make it sound like but I understand how it feels to face those warden premade groups.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 6, 2019 2:31AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    We need an MMR reset after each month or something. I'm so tired of fighting the players I aim to escape when I go to BGs instead of Cyrodiil.

So you wanna farm noobs in bgs?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not broken.
    Lower level guys are gonna get wreck.
    Its working as intended.
    Go level up before doing pvp content.
    Specially cyrodiil champ campaign.
    So your lvl cp10 and you wanna play with the cp810 bigboys.
    You know whats going to happen right.
    You gonna get wrecked.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long time ago I was also discouraged to play BGs because I always die and did nothing of damage. Then I realized I should stop imitating builds and play as I like and I'm good and then the magic happened.

• nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bgs are a mess. That's all
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭

MMR sucks for me. Playing BGs in off times seems to be more varied in team allocation. Once, as a PUG, I fought against 4 coordinated stamdens back-to-back for 3 matches straight during prime-times.
    Edited by Deep_01 on February 6, 2019 7:53AM
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not broken, the situation is due to how pvp has to be balanced so it does not wrecks pve and viceversa, even though this does not happen all the time. So, classes have really lost flavour in bgs, I am running a magicka sorc with armor master, going more tanky than a stamina dd, and it works for me, but it is not what I really wanted to play. I don't mind if I am vulnerable, if I can burst a lot of damage, but this is quite hard to achieve now as magicka, most players have lots of phys/spell res or armour, so the players who fall quickly are the ones not geared for pvp, like under 160cp who don't have sets, good gear or maxed abilities, but the more experienced ones take much more work to beat.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only WWs, Zoo and PermaIce squads are broken tbh.
    MMR need improvements. My guildmate is slowly reaching the rank of Grand Overnoob and BG fights are 90% against premades, regardless of solo que or not. I don't have those problems yet.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think its so bad. The snipe meta is a little annoying, and you get often 1-3 guys per match who use some sort of ultimate cookie cutter pvp build that just tears through everyone else ending up with 20+ kills and <3 deaths, but most people are quite killable.
    Generally speaking there is of course too much crowd control, and too much damage across the board.
    Edited by LordTareq on February 6, 2019 10:39AM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on Xbox One @LordTareq?

I feel like I've seen your name there.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on Xbox One @LordTareq?

I feel like I've seen your name there.

No, EU/PC
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

So you wanna farm noobs in bgs?

Isnt that exactly the thing all players want? 1vX is also nothing different than finding a group of new/bad players that lack knowledge and gear to have a chance to win a fair fight.
    Edited by Murador178 on February 6, 2019 1:29PM