Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Anyone else only have one character?

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I was doing this on Xbox and it's looking like I'll be only having one on PC.

Am I alone?

It's mostly a time constraint for me. Living with parents! Cheap, but chores limit how much screen-time I get, so I only really play in the evenings.
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, there are people who only play one character?

tenor.gif
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tenor.gif

I do!
    ...Then after a while I log back to the character selection screen, and play another one out of the remaining 12 I have.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play only 1 character.

At a time.
    The other 14 are parked.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one. Never been an alt guy in MMO's. Every MMO but EQ2 I have had just one character. EQ2 just has so many classes that you can't help but try them and none of them are gimped with racial passives either.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but my friend does that on the games they play, ONE character only. It comes down to them not wanting to do the same things over and over, the same quests over and over, and also not wanting to divert resources.

I'm an altoholic but lately have been seeing the merit in that style of play. To that end I actually deleted, I think it was four, level 50 characters who were duplicate classes. Right now I have one of each class and one extra for a banker. But I did make a second DK recently to try out the stam tank build since my current DK is magicka Dunmer.

But, again, I'm looking at this thinking I hardly ever play X and X and X character so why keep them? I know I'll make a Necromancer, it's my favorite class in every game that has it so there goes another character added! Sure I could just bench the characters I don't hardly ever play but really I'm starting to think I'd be better off just getting rid of them and getting this down to a max of four, three preferably. Because like my friend I'm not wanting to do the same things over and over, the same quests over and over, and I want to sell extra resources not use them for alts.

I do not believe I could ever have just one character, but yeah I feel I need to get it to the ones I know I WILL play and just delete the rest.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on February 4, 2019 8:24PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just dedicate a week or so to grinding a new class &race you maybe have been interested in trying out. It will make the game a lot more interesting... trust me!
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had only one character for almost two years before I created a new one. The two alts I now have are somewhat fun for different skills but I can't get "into" them the way I did my main, from a role-playing standpoint, and also it breaks immersion to have to do the same quests over again even though it is the same world.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could.

I thought I found my new main after starting new on Xbox but... one week later and I am considering to change - again. It's so annoying to be so incredibly indecisive.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one character for any game I play these days. It helps me feel more connected to the story.
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one of each class at lv50 but I only play my original character, MagSorc, purely because I hate losing several years of progress. If they added account wide achievements, titles, skyshards, motifs, recipes etc I would swap to another class in a heartbeat.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you're not alone, there's definitely other people on the forum who only play 1 character.

I'm the opposite however. I have 7 and I only stopped there because I don't really have time to play them all, and although I could easily come up with more themes playing them would get a little bit redundant.

(I have 1 of each class, plus a dedicated crafter, who is a dragonknight with about 3 skills, and a thief/assassin/vampire who is a nightblade but will probably become a necromancer when Elseweyr is released.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made another but I only play one. I'm only CP506 so I can't really be bothered to grind another character up right now.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altoholic here.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think that it is really hard to know how to play healer/tank/damage dealer well, if you didnt play other roles enough. and therefore. 6 max level characters here.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one. No alts and no current plans for any.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »

It begs the question, what do you play? I run a stamina templar for DD.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only play one character because I am an achievement completionist.

Would be really annoyed if I got an achievement on an alt that I didn't have on my main.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have 2
    1 my main and 2nd a crafter who will only complete enough to get SP for crafting.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

tenor.gif

Yes, the Zos devs apparently. :*
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on February 4, 2019 9:49PM
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to only play one character for a long time! But the best way to not suck so much is to learn other classes. Especially if you pvp.
  • BreakingBats
    BreakingBats
    ✭✭✭
    I only play magplar because it's my favorite class. Way cheaper too, can afford to gold out everything for my main argonian.
    Play Solo
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »

It begs the question, what do you play? I run a stamina templar for DD.

Magsorc.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I have 5 mains that I could chose to play, but I'm mostly sticking to play 2 characters at the moment (both my templars, one in PvE and one in PvP) and also have several other extra that aren't playable (they are mostly mules)... but this is in ESO.

In other Elder Scrolls and Fallout games I played previously, I've mostly played just one single character, normally created at launch/first time playing and then carried me through all quests and content, through patches, mods, and reinstalls due to PC changes... I just cannot let characters I like playing go :cry:

((Problem is in single player games a character is mostly attached to a set of mods that has been used to build that save file and reconstructing it if you change the setup is a real PITA and maybe even almost impossible in practice, so I'd have to let it go if I wanted to start clean again, or waste a bunch of HD space by copying the whole Data directory (with mods) for each character I want to keep :blush: ))
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have 2 but only play with one.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

tenor.gif

there is no need for other characters when you play the Master Class on the Master Race.