The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healing Springs Initial Heal

Gnozo
Gnozo
✭✭✭✭✭
So,

I was wondering if the initial heal from healing springs is a hot or direct healing.

Anyone knows?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    probably direct.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure its a direct AOE heal
    and the second healing effect is a HOTS AOE
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What does it matter? Healing is not like damage, where it is separated into specific types. The game does not have separate boosts to heals like it does to direct damage or damage over time or AOE or single target.

What do mean by "direct" or "HOT" in this question?
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 4, 2019 11:39AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot think of a set of other aspect of the game that would permit testing that to know for sure.

However, without a means to test it I would expect it is a HoT, not a direct heal. The reasoning is there is no difference between the first tick and the second tick. Overall that is how damage works with some exceptions since there are many inconsistencies in the game.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does it matter? Healing is not like damage, where it is separated into specific types. The game does not have separate boosts to heals like it does to direct damage or damage over time or AOE or single target.

What do mean by "direct" or "HOT" in this question?

Cause of this:
    Curse Eater: ZOS has heard a lot of feedback on this. They still want the set to provide the same basic function, but will make it such that the set will only proc on direct healing and have a longer cooldown, though with more potent effects.

If the first tick of healing springs is indeed considered direct heal then we can actually delete debuffs from the game cause ball groups will have 4+ healbots spamming springs and cleansing the whole zerg without needing to waste 7k magicka for purge.....
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Healing Springs' first tick/heal is a direct heal Mutagen's/Rapid Regeneration's first tick/heal has to be a direct heal as well because.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Summon restoring spirits with your staff, healing you and your allies in target area for [x] Health and an additional [x] Health every 1 second for 3 seconds."

I got this from here cause i am at work atm: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Healing+Springs+

So from this Tooltip it sounds like its really a direct heal followed by a ground based hot. And direct heal will trigger curse eater.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A direct heal would be something like breath or twilight or something along those lines. The first heal from springs is not that.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    u0jXh1V.png

from this tooltip it would very much so seem that the first hit is a Direct Heal while the rest is a Heal over Time, aka a HoT.

tFwHJOx.png

This however does not have the same type of tooltip, meaning its first hit is NOT a Direct Heal. This difference can commonly be seen by Damage abilities as well.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point why I brought up Regeneration is that the "first" tick is always applied right after the cast, in the same style of Healing Springs initial heal. That's why I compared them.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    The point why I brought up Regeneration is that the "first" tick is always applied right after the cast, in the same style of Healing Springs initial heal. That's why I compared them.
    Yes while an hot or dot is given after tick.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    First Springtick Direct Healing, next Ticks are Hots i guess
    Love my Stamsorc