The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nerf Healing Springs

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a good skill but nerf worthy?!? I dont think so.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never understood why everyone likes healing springs so much.

Its weak. I don't even use it on my healers.

There are more powerful healing spells that do more for the team than healing springs.

Have I missed something and if so please can someone genuinely explain what? I am more than happy to add it to my healers if there is a good reason to do so.

It stacks it's heal and is very sustainable, though power wise orbs outclass it already. OP is looks in wrong direction for needs.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

There are more powerful healing spells that do more for the team than healing springs.

Have I missed something and if so please can someone genuinely explain what? I am more than happy to add it to my healers if there is a good reason to do so.

OK so I caved in and finally made a Templar healer. Got him Spell Power Cure and Sanctuary running in full over the weekend, which is a great starting point and I am very much enjoying him as an alternative to my Warden and Nightblade healers.

I am currently running with Healing Springs, in spite of my doubts. The main plus I can see is the ability to project healing over a great distance (it also returns magica, which helps with sustain). However it is so short lived that it requires a lot of hard work to make it an effective part of the rotation. Alone, the occasional healing springs is not likely to save someone from a big hit, so its more a case of providing high health per second from constantly spamming it within the rotation. It works, but its not my ideal way to heal, so I may change it out, after all I am already supplying health per second from Blood alter, mutagen and my purify spell, which is quite a bit.

A work in progress. I may report back in future, so that no one can ready my comments and thoughts, lol.

It's super potent and should be your main heal. Mutagen only hits 2 people per cast. Purifying ritual gives health every 2 seconds. Blood alter only work if people do damage and might drop off when going defensive.

Healing springs heals more than them all combined, hits 6 people afaik and restores magica per person hit. If you use the master resto it also return stamina. It should be your primary heal, keep mutagen on people, keep your ritual down and use breath of life for emergencies

Dungeon wise probably overkill...but I am a hypocrite in this regards...
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's nerf your freedom of posting in here, how 'bout dat?

I fully support this statement.

Game would be better if all the "nerf this and that" posts would get people immediately banned from forums. I mean, time for the endless nerfs to just STOP.

We have lost so much flavor and fun skills from all classes because of people crying for whatever selfish reasons. Enough. You want them to nerf something? They do that so that things get totally useless. So just stop asking for small changes. They do not know how to. They always just ruin every skill and all similar skills then as a bonus.

Example. People wanted Swift trait nerfed.. ZOS destroyed EVERYTHING that gave speed.

Learn from that. Please??

Edited by Moonsorrow on February 13, 2019 12:38PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve decided that nerfing healing springs would be a bad idea, someone necro’d this thread. However, this isn’t your typical nerf thread because what I was asking for was a nerf to this ability which would have led to a pass on healing in general.

I think without healing springs a lot of content would be impossible or next to impossible. How would you do vHoF? Still the ability is so strong I’ve done vAA where the group ignored mechanics and stayed stacked through spread out mechanics using healing springs.

Healing springs is overpowered, but content has been tuned around it. I can’t believe some healers don’t use it or know, that’s mind boggling. It hits the lowest 6 health people inside the area every tick. It’s spammable and so cheap you can cast it indefinitely. Without the cheap cost of springs you wouldn’t be able to cast orbs as much, and orbs high cost means it can’t be used as your primary heal. Casting 3 or 4 times springs on a stack is a full heal for everyone.

Trial guilds stack because of it, pvp ball groups stack because of it. It’s the whole reason stacking is a thing.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Let's nerf your freedom of posting in here, how 'bout dat?

I fully support this statement.

Game would be better if all the "nerf this and that" posts would get people immediately banned from forums. I mean, time for the endless nerfs to just STOP.

We have lost so much flavor and fun skills from all classes because of people crying for whatever selfish reasons. Enough. You want them to nerf something? They do that so that things get totally useless. So just stop asking for small changes. They do not know how to. They always just ruin every skill and all similar skills then as a bonus.

Example. People wanted Swift trait nerfed.. ZOS destroyed EVERYTHING that gave speed.

Learn from that. Please??
    This , read my signature.
    Nerf request should have an cost, 100 CP sound good.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

*Months* lol. xD Yeah see me after a few Vet Trials HMs ;-)

Done, I have healed some vet trials. Healing springed it all the way. It also has nothing to do with the subject, anyone who’s healed knows exactly what I mean.

How about learning to support your team rather than just spamming Healing Springs?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Of course I use combat prayer, ele drain and orbs too, but we’re taking healing abilities not buffs.

Either way, if you disagree it’s best to just let the thread get buried instead of bumping it.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

It stacks it's heal and is very sustainable, though power wise orbs outclass it already. OP is looks in wrong direction for needs.

Wait... it stacks on top of itself, so you can spam it? I had no idea!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell me that in VHOF HM Execute/VSO serpent poison phase/any other trial burn/execute phase.

Have a nice wipe.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He never play vet content I guess?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve decided that nerfing healing springs would be a bad idea, someone necro’d this thread. However, this isn’t your typical nerf thread because what I was asking for was a nerf to this ability which would have led to a pass on healing in general.

I think without healing springs a lot of content would be impossible or next to impossible. How would you do vHoF? Still the ability is so strong I’ve done vAA where the group ignored mechanics and stayed stacked through spread out mechanics using healing springs.

Healing springs is overpowered, but content has been tuned around it. I can’t believe some healers don’t use it or know, that’s mind boggling. It hits the lowest 6 health people inside the area every tick. It’s spammable and so cheap you can cast it indefinitely. Without the cheap cost of springs you wouldn’t be able to cast orbs as much, and orbs high cost means it can’t be used as your primary heal. Casting 3 or 4 times springs on a stack is a full heal for everyone.

Trial guilds stack because of it, pvp ball groups stack because of it. It’s the whole reason stacking is a thing.

K fair point on it has caused us to simple stack on things, but it would be impossible to fix at this point without a heavy cost.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe undo nerfs to other abilities (not only healing abilities) rather than nerf the few that are still useful? My main hope for the rethinking of CP is that it will allow ZOS to restore numerous abilities to potency.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf the Nerfers.