The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nerf Healing Springs

Iskiab
Iskiab
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Nevermind
Edited by Iskiab on February 22, 2019 6:22PM
Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
Havoc Warhammer - Alair
LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This seems vaguely familiar to the post about nerfing vigor..
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No idea about the vigor nerf thread, I didn’t play then.

What I can tell you is for whatever reason healing springs has been left as the strongest healing ability to the point it’s overshadowing all the other abilities.

I AM a healer, and can tell you having one ability overperform is boring. When I say I’m a healer I don’t mean I have one out of 8 characters that’s a healer, I mean both my max level characters I play are healers and it’s all I’ve been playing for months.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

What I can tell you is for whatever reason healing springs has been left as the strongest healing ability to the point it’s overshadowing all the other abilities.

I AM a healer, and can tell you having one ability overperform is boring. When I say I’m a healer I don’t mean I have one out of 8 characters that’s a healer, I mean both my max level characters I play are healers and it’s all I’ve been playing for months.

*Months* lol. xD Yeah see me after a few Vet Trials HMs ;-)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Done, I have healed some vet trials. Healing springed it all the way. It also has nothing to do with the subject, anyone who’s healed knows exactly what I mean.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There should be no healing at all in this game. Healing is OP. If you need healz, it is a LTP issue.

/sarcasm
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healers need a certain amount of power to be relevant. We need to be able to heal trough vAA HM or vHOF MH execute phases and healing springs is what enables that. Yes, healing springs is a very strong skill in that regard, but it has to be, the problem is that other AOE heals are just laughably bad. That said, healing springs is just that, a strong AOE heal, thats it. If your healing consists of just healing springs you are doing a really poor job. In fact the majority of HPS in a raid or dungeon fight should not come from healing springs, but your buff skills like orbs, altar and combat prayer. Healing springs is primarily a emergency heal.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Done, I have healed some vet trials. Healing springed it all the way. It also has nothing to do with the subject, anyone who’s healed knows exactly what I mean.

I said VET HMS as in Hard Modes. As In Heal Any Hard Mode, in any VET trial. Not NORMAL, vet.
    I have healed since 2014. I know exactly what I mean.
    Seriously+just+stop+youre+only+making+a+fool+of+yourself+_db7cdc6b1a760b9830efcbc838283554.png

Edited by IzzyStardust on February 4, 2019 12:57AM
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Healers need a certain amount of power to be relevant. We need to be able to heal trough vAA HM or vHOF MH execute phases and healing springs is what enables that. Yes, healing springs is a very strong skill in that regard, but it has to be, the problem is that other AOE heals are just laughably bad. That said, healing springs is just that, a strong AOE heal, thats it. If your healing consists of just healing springs you are doing a really poor job. In fact the majority of HPS in a raid or dungeon fight should not come from healing springs, but your buff skills like orbs, altar and combat prayer. Healing springs is primarily a emergency heal.

Except on certain phases of certain things (jussayin!) - 100% ABSOLUTELY! <3
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have yet to hear a counter argument.

If healing springs is an emergency heal why is the cost so cheap?
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Healing Springs isnt an Emergency Heal its a sustained heal over time. and the only ground based aoe heal over time in the resto tree.

PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

Healing Springs isnt an Emergency Heal its a sustained heal over time. and the only ground based aoe heal over time in the resto tree.

FakeFox who said that originally, meant that your heals should be mostly Combat Prayer/Orbs & Altar (this is more recent), and healing springs is more for when you have a LOT of heavy, ongoing, incoming damage (like Burn Phases and similar).
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wut
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... Sure? I mean... Why though? I don't see much of a reason to but as long as it's only by like 10% I don't see much of a reason to be a terrible change?

This suggestion just feels a bit pointless
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You didn’t play two weeks ago?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The troll is strong with this one
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing springs is only so prevalent because most other aoe heals in the game are so weak. As others have mentioned, healers need access to strong heals like this because some content in this game (especially older stuff) still has healing checks that aren't just rng or oneshots. The trade-off is that you need a resto staff to even cast it.

I would love to see more heals come into play in pve, but not at the cost of nerfing one of the few spells left in the healing toolkit.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't nerf anything that will discourage healers - unless you think we have too many healers in ESO.

Healing Springs earns a slot on my PvE magplar healer's bar and has a specific niche.

Burst heal? No, that is BoL
    HoT? No, those are rapid/mutagen and Extended Ritual

Combat Prayer is quite positionally depended and rather expensive.

Springs is affordable, hits several with a unique but not overly strong 'burst over time' and has full 28m range. Reduce any of these features and I'd drop Springs for something else. It is not overpowered nor does it comprise anything resembling the centerpiece of my healing.

I don't share OPs PvE concerns but will concede I don't know (or care) enough about PvP to comment except to recommend (as ever) that PvE and PvP be balanced separately.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all a conspiracy for dps ...? You want healers to matter less?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If there aren’t enough healers (would be news to me) then the main reason would be healing springs.

I use two resto abilities as a healer: healing springs and combat prayer, and combat prayer is for the buff. The rest are guild skills or abilities for debuffs.

Another thing, why would this make healers less important? Using a healer is optimal in all group settings.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there aren’t enough healers (would be news to me) then the main reason would be healing springs.

I use two resto abilities as a healer: healing springs and combat prayer, and combat prayer is for the buff. The rest are guild skills or abilities for debuffs.

Another thing, why would this make healers less important? Using a healer is optimal in all group settings.

That is a funny way of saying self sufficient tank.

Springs is great. No nerf. this guy who made this thread, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/439576/fix-nerf-healing-springs-stacking-from-same-caster and you are cut from the same cloth.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 4, 2019 11:34AM
  • binho
    binho
    ✭✭✭
    in PVP no one cares ...

in PVE everyone benefits from it ....

trolling maybe?!?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Magicka heals should be just precisely so strong that I still can easily kill everything with my Stam skills. Keep Vigor as is, and maybe buff all Stamina Health steal abilities. Game needs to be balanced so that I always kill and never die on my stream. Zos! Make it so! TWITCH! ;) you know what I mean.

Lol.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollthread...can be Closed.

GL healing vCR+3 with only healingsprings and Prayer...pleas make a video of that and proove me worng but...aint gona happen, since you'll wipe over and over without the use of any other healingsources

PS you know that Healingsprings are capped to heal a max of 6 targets with each tick right?
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on February 4, 2019 8:43AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing Springs is a great heal. Too strong? Well, would there be more heals available for everyone in the game I'd say yes. But due to the lack of sufficient healing skills in the game I'd say Healing Springs is absolutely fine.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's nerf your freedom of posting in here, how 'bout dat?
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never understood why everyone likes healing springs so much.

Its weak. I don't even use it on my healers.

There are more powerful healing spells that do more for the team than healing springs.

Have I missed something and if so please can someone genuinely explain what? I am more than happy to add it to my healers if there is a good reason to do so.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are more powerful healing spells that do more for the team than healing springs.

Have I missed something and if so please can someone genuinely explain what? I am more than happy to add it to my healers if there is a good reason to do so.

OK so I caved in and finally made a Templar healer. Got him Spell Power Cure and Sanctuary running in full over the weekend, which is a great starting point and I am very much enjoying him as an alternative to my Warden and Nightblade healers.

I am currently running with Healing Springs, in spite of my doubts. The main plus I can see is the ability to project healing over a great distance (it also returns magica, which helps with sustain). However it is so short lived that it requires a lot of hard work to make it an effective part of the rotation. Alone, the occasional healing springs is not likely to save someone from a big hit, so its more a case of providing high health per second from constantly spamming it within the rotation. It works, but its not my ideal way to heal, so I may change it out, after all I am already supplying health per second from Blood alter, mutagen and my purify spell, which is quite a bit.

A work in progress. I may report back in future, so that no one can ready my comments and thoughts, lol.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

Why can't it be both? Springs is a emergency heal in the way that it is used when the off heal from other skills can no longer keep the group alive in damage heavy phases. It is in that regard a emergency heal and has a significant burst, however because those phases usually consist of sustained damage over a certain period of time a HOT is needed to properly heal through them. Springs being very cheap is another factor in this type of usage, it assures that a healer can resort to just keeping the group alive if he gets sustain issues with his normal rotation or mechanics drain magicka..
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

OK so I caved in and finally made a Templar healer. Got him Spell Power Cure and Sanctuary running in full over the weekend, which is a great starting point and I am very much enjoying him as an alternative to my Warden and Nightblade healers.

I am currently running with Healing Springs, in spite of my doubts. The main plus I can see is the ability to project healing over a great distance (it also returns magica, which helps with sustain). However it is so short lived that it requires a lot of hard work to make it an effective part of the rotation. Alone, the occasional healing springs is not likely to save someone from a big hit, so its more a case of providing high health per second from constantly spamming it within the rotation. It works, but its not my ideal way to heal, so I may change it out, after all I am already supplying health per second from Blood alter, mutagen and my purify spell, which is quite a bit.

A work in progress. I may report back in future, so that no one can ready my comments and thoughts, lol.

It's super potent and should be your main heal. Mutagen only hits 2 people per cast. Purifying ritual gives health every 2 seconds. Blood alter only work if people do damage and might drop off when going defensive.

Healing springs heals more than them all combined, hits 6 people afaik and restores magica per person hit. If you use the master resto it also return stamina. It should be your primary heal, keep mutagen on people, keep your ritual down and use breath of life for emergencies