Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

Favorite non-playable race?

wraithdust
wraithdust
Soul Shriven
Or what race would you like to play as, that you can't? I don't really want any of them added, mind you, because I love the setup that's been around since TES was created, but it is fun to think about.
For me, I really like the monkey people of Akavir, they seem like they'd be really fun, and adorable- if they're the type of monkeys I'm envisioning.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads - who doesn't like thicc magic-using, mind-bending chonk slugs?
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 1, 2019 12:47PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • starsands
    starsands
    ✭✭✭
    Dwemer, naturally.
  • Malcadicta
    Malcadicta
    ✭✭✭
    Maormer, give that blind eyes aesthetic and I'll be happy. And tbh I'd love them added even if I know that won't happen. But I've got a thing for all the elves.
    @Malcadicta - PC EU
    Malamhin - dd magsorc Dunmer (main)
    Maladict Temperance - healer magplar Altmer
    Malifer Viridi - tank magden Bosmer
    Malafas Mastiphal - healer magblade Dunmer
    Malady-Not-Talked-About - healer magden Argonian
    Manutri'Tion - dd stamblade Khajiit
    Malatesta the Fourth - tank magdk Redguard
    Malcadh - healer magcro Altmer

• Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like Dwemer but their stuff is so common now that it kinda robbed them of their mystery, so I'm gonna vote differently.

Sloads giant, slug-like, disease spreading wizards living on far shape-changing islands. Great thing to explore.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lamia, Nereid, Goblin. Goblin is kind of playable with that disguise - I'm happy that we have it. Daedra of the CWC are very interesting, too. Minotaur? Hell yes! I wish I could play a man-bull. Maybe even a Giant...
  • EitherGuard
    EitherGuard
    ✭✭✭
    Dwemer, then Sea Elves, :D
    Happy even through the toughest of times.
  • Bluestat
    Bluestat
    ✭✭
    Maormer - still hoping they'll release that datamined skin so I at least pretend my altmer are fish elves.
    Snow elves - Yeah sure I know they practically are non-existent but it'd be awesome to play as one.
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lilmothiit. Sadly this race was wiped out by the knahaten flu.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greysson wrote: »
    ^ This
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Kolzki
      Kolzki
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nords :D
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lilmothiit.
      CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • eklhaftb16_ESO
      eklhaftb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ehlnofey. For what little encounters we had with them, they are kinda cute, in their own outlandish, scary way.
    • validifyedneb18_ESO
      validifyedneb18_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Chimer-- oh wait.
      EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
      NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
    • Didaco
      Didaco
      ✭✭✭✭
      Probably the ones from Akavir, the monkey or the snake people.
    • SydneyGrey
      SydneyGrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Maormer
      In the Khenarthi's Roost quest-line, they're living peacefully alongside the Khajiit until you start the quest and the story-line begins. They could make this a playable race.
    • Wildberryjack
      Wildberryjack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dremora. Can you imagine a Dremora Necromancer?!!! I want to have a demonic looking character so bad. Really am tired of everything being nothing but another Human or Elf, they all look so much alike, there is hardly any difference between them.
      The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    • TheShadowScout
      TheShadowScout
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wraithdust wrote: »
      Or what race would you like to play as, that you can't?
      Oh, I would -love- to play as Mazken!
      600px-LG-cardart-Dark_Seducer.png
      600px-LG-cardart-Seducer_Darkfire.png
      :p;):naughty:

And it would be -great- to have a TES game where this was possible. But I also would not want to see the option in ESO; because it would be an insanely vexing lore-dissonance... and lore matters to me!
      wraithdust wrote: »
      I don't really want any of them added, mind you, because I love the setup that's been around since TES was created, but it is fun to think about.
      Akktschually...
      ...some of them -could- fit into the current ESO setup, as a rare (meaning, crown store surcharge) race...
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422285/new-player-race-possibilities/p1
      ...and yeah, some are a firm "nope" without some serious lore-breakage. (Including all daedra, by the way)
      True.
      And that happened... twenty years before the events of ESO.
      Twenty years.
      ONLY twenty years.
      Sooo... it would not be entirely inconcievable to find one or two lone survivors at this time, doomed to be the last of their kind. Tho they would be as rare as... those super-special apex mounts? And if the powers that be ever decide to give us the option, that is how I'd expect them to do it - have the racial unlock in crowm crates as super-duper-extra-rare find... expecting some incorrigable vulpine-lovers to dump a hundred bucks or more on crown crates to get it!
    • coop500
      coop500
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Lilmothiit for sure! it's sad that this race seemed to be created purely just to kill off, like what's the point?
      Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    • Crixus8000
      Crixus8000
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I really would love goblins to be a playable race.
    • xxthir13enxx
      xxthir13enxx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Minotaurs
      70431111-minotaur.jpg
      P.S. I’m fine with them being added as a Polymorph
      Edited by xxthir13enxx on February 1, 2019 5:12PM
    • CMDR_Un1k0rn
      CMDR_Un1k0rn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      All the races of Akavir.

I really hope we meet some of them one day.
      In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
    • OolongSnakeTea
      OolongSnakeTea
      ✭✭✭✭
      latest?cb=20181003212028
      Can I be a pretty snake lady please?
      "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• phairdon
      phairdon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Ayleids.
      Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    • Minyassa
      Minyassa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I love the Lamia, they're gorgeous. Just watching them slither around is mesmerizing.
    • emilyhyoyeon
      emilyhyoyeon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      not sure if they count but my favorites are the dark seducers and golden saints
      IGN @ emilypumpkin
      Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
      Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
      Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
    • Faulgor
      Faulgor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Imga. Nobody said Imga yet!
      Lore-Great_Ape_Sketch.jpg
      Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
      Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      True.
      And that happened... twenty years before the events of ESO.
      Twenty years.
      ONLY twenty years.
      Sooo... it would not be entirely inconcievable to find one or two lone survivors at this time, doomed to be the last of their kind. Tho they would be as rare as... those super-special apex mounts? And if the powers that be ever decide to give us the option, that is how I'd expect them to do it - have the racial unlock in crowm crates as super-duper-extra-rare find... expecting some incorrigable vulpine-lovers to dump a hundred bucks or more on crown crates to get it!

Every time someone posts a thread asking for the Lilmothiit to be added to the game in some capacity everyone always assumes we want them as a playable Race and insists how lorebreaking it'd be to suddenly have hundreds of them running around. Simply put we don't want them playable, even if that would be super near. At most it'd be nice to have them found as a small NPC village with a Questline attached.

It's highly probable that the Knahaten Flu didn't eradicate the entire Race and there are some survivors remaining, so if they can give us the Naga's in Murkmire then giving us some solitary Lilmothiit to find would also be plausible.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/290152/lilmothiit-race-for-a-future-dlc-zone
      Edited by ArchMikem on February 3, 2019 5:12AM
      CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • siddique
      siddique
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Daedra and the aylieds
      "Knee-jerk reactionist."
      Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
    • jpo
      jpo
      ✭✭✭
      Goblin.
      My favorite mmorpg toon was a Goblin in Vanguard.

Edited by jpo on February 3, 2019 6:02AM
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dwemer being the steampunk race of the series, and their mysteries makes the world more interesting