The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

80% of my friendlist is playing magsorc now, what did I miss?

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    They're plenty popular in BGs. I'm surprised it took this long to catch on at all, since the interrupt changes took place.

The only way to consistently drop a zoo sorc prior to the bash change was kill the bird and deny their heals. Now after the first interrupt they can safely ward and bring the bird back out.

assuming you can target the sorc in the first place :trollface:

Yes this was the main issue i figured out. Before u could atleast counter them with interrupting them half the time, now with the interrupt changes, u might be able to interrupt a sorc dark deal or summons like 10%

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

Just wait until the petsorc buffs on PTS go to live server, playing this kind of zoo simulator will be... interesting :>

If all you wanna do is cheese duels, then sure. But pet sorc is absurd 1v1 on live already, nothing new there. No respectable duelist runs a zoo build anyways. That kind of build will remain trash as it is on live for open world. I’d be willing to bet money that zoo builds will not become meta in Cyrodiil.

People on live (on EU server at least) kinda proof that it works much better in open world than sorc players admit. Also it's a bit hard to justify how pets (including Shadowrend lol) deal more damage than proc sets ever did as soon as you empower them with Petcurse. Also being completely busted in 1vs1 while not having a counter or bad matchup is probably enough reason for a lot of player to play it. We'll see tho, I personally think that Cyro will be a zoo simulator next patch.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    I’d be willing to bet money that zoo builds will not become meta in Cyrodiil.

Inb4 necromancer zoo build meta 2019.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen groups of only sorcs on PS4 lately. Kiting their zoo's. Tough to beat.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    So I just quite recently came back to eso (and pvp) and now the majority of my friendlist is maining a magsorc, what did I miss?

Are you sure that it's not something like their sorcerer is their crafter? Friends list and Guild Rosters show the character you logged out from when last in the game, not the character that gets the most hours
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mariusnpr
    Mariusnpr
    Soul Shriven
    Don't know what to say... I have several characters, dk, sorc, warden, nb and from what I saw, sorc is able to burst a lot of damage, which is good in pvp and pve. I get the best results in pvp with my sorc, so I understand why people prefer a sorc... yet my main character is a poisonous dk... the dot is huge, I just hit and run and the mobs following me are dying after a while. But in pvp is not so great... i do a lot of assists, but few kills. The burst damage is not so great...
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what your favorite play style is. Obviously, for Deathmatch BGs Sorc is still awesome because of Endless Fury. Open World Cyrodiil Sorcs gained a bit mobility because everyone else is slower now, but the problems the class had in the past are still there: Sustain and the telegraphed burst that still takes 3 or 4 GCD are issues.

It’s not dead, and you can of course stomp noobs as usual. I don’t know though where the notion comes from that the class is top dog now. It isn’t.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.