The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trapping Webs - Magicka Morph, bigger radius?

mb10
mb10
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
To make trapping webs more used universally, I suggest a magicka morph and a bigger radius. I think this skill has great potential and its sad to see it so rarely used in the game.
Its a very unique ability.

Tangling webs is the even rarer morph to pick from, and in my 4-5 years of ESO have genuinely never seen this skill/morph used.
To make it used more often, would you consider a magicka morph and making the radius of it slightly bigger (making it useful in pvp too)?

I hope this gets to ZOS and they consider this change
Edited by mb10 on January 31, 2019 12:14AM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs a bigger radius on the base skill.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they nerfed it the direction was Stam in FG and magika MG. Unlikely they will change that as a change.

This was the sorc MagDW spammable a while back on some setups!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's got the same radius as Sorc's liquid lightning. What it needs is a better way to proc the synergy and to have a very visible web. It's extremely hard to see.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish the spiders would spawn when the skill is cast, and that the synergy would just amp up their damage. It would be so cool to be able to summon spiders without an ally having to navigate a clunky system to make it happen.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The synergy is exceptionally powerful. Like, absurdly powerful. I really don't know how to buff this skill without taking a dump on it's synergy.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It used to be a magicka skill, and it did get used. They decided to make all of Fighter's Guild stamina based, and that's when we lost magicka dawnbreaker as well.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    It used to be a magicka skill, and it did get used. They decided to make all of Fighter's Guild stamina based, and that's when we lost magicka dawnbreaker as well.

trapping webs is in the undaunted skill line

If it did get used it must have been years and years ago.

All i want is a magicka option instead of the useless other morph
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

DW PVE sorcs used to use it as a spammable in between building 1k ult for overload dumps.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Agreed.
    Love the skill on my stamina, WW, DK. but nobody ever activates my synergy.
    The spiders look cool and do great damage.

Just need the synergy to be a little easier to use.

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Same size as liquid lightning and you don't hear sorcs complaining about hitting anything. They just need to power the range on the synergy.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 31, 2019 8:50AM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Same size as liquid lightning and you don't hear sorcs complaining about hitting anything. They just need to power the range on the synergy.

Problem is while LL simply grants the synergy people around, this skill synergy is tied to the radius of the skill so from range (where it is supposed to be used) it leaves very little 'aiming space' where synergy is allowed. I know this is common knowledge, just saying making the radius bigger is one of ways to improve this skill
    Edited by SodanTok on January 31, 2019 4:17PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. I really want to love this skill but they synergy is never activated. I was in a random DG group last night where someone was using it but nobody activated the skill.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when people used to use this ability..... haven't seen it once since they changed it to stam tho. so yeah, they should probably make it magicka again.
    Invictus
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Ah yes, you are right. It happened at the same time, though. It was used a lot by DW sorcs as a spammable. But yes, it was a couple of years ago.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used it to proc olo on a nightblade before, but I don't remember anyone using the synergy though.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reason why Trapping Webs is not used is because of the awkward range requirement needed to activate the synergy. The skill itself is really strong, but it will not be used for that one reason.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the synergy is hard to proc but the skills visual area needs a rework. It needs to be a brighter white and it needs to go the full radius. It is VERY hard to see.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Problem is while LL simply grants the synergy people around, this skill synergy is tied to the radius of the skill so from range (where it is supposed to be used) it leaves very little 'aiming space' where synergy is allowed. I know this is common knowledge, just saying making the radius bigger is one of ways to improve this skill

I did say they need to lower the range on the synergy, doesn't make any sense to me that there is a minimum range on any synergy.