Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why split communities? => Merge Na & EU? At least for Console!

IWinWithPewPew
IWinWithPewPew
✭✭✭
Not sure what you guys think of it, but it would be nice in my opinion.

On console: (PS4)
- It sometimes takes me as a DD more than half an hour or more to find a match for a random normal/vet dungeon.
- I mostly play against and with the same people in Battlegrounds :pensive:
- Finding people for a dungeon like bloodroot or march of sacrifices seems nearly impossible unless you have friends, or guildies with nothing to do, who feel like helping... I hate how i got to depend on others :pensive: . I want to be able to play a dungeon whenever i want, and not whenever somebody else has time :p
- Trials such as Asylum sanctorium seem to be non-existant on PS4 (eventhough i would really like some weapons from there)
- Finding a team for pledges?? sometimes takes more than an hour?
- and there are much more of these examples..

- Would be a lot easier to find dungeon groups , battlegrounds ... and so on.. no? would be a lot more action in cyrodil , 24/7
and an overall less empty atmosphere?

Don't get me wrong , i got some nice guilds, eventhough some of them seem to be dying. I get all help i need... it all just takes so long :p

Idea's :
-Merge NA + EU
-Merge Xbox & PS4 ( at least)
-Make it so , that matchmaking for dungeon's and so on is made cross-server. The rest of the game stays seperate?
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, you know, just put everyone on the same server so we all have high latency!
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    America first.

LeL.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend logging in to the server you don't usually play in and comparing your latency to your "home" server.

Try running a few dungeons there and see how well it goes. Then let us know how it went.
    The Moot Councillor
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Merging servers would not improve dungeon queue times for a DD. Both servers have the same imbalance.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love a merge so night capping doesn't exist anymore it will be always active. I know many US players play on EU so latency does not seem such a big issue. It would be so more alive at all times. Never have a issue now but yes keep playing against the same opponents. Would be very cool to have it merged.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No thanks. Like having option (such as today) to play on NA instead when EU is down.

And maybe you need to find some more active guilds? There are some very lovely ones on PS4 EU.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Merging servers would not improve dungeon queue times for a DD. Both servers have the same imbalance.
    This, dungeon queues for dd is caused by the lack of tanks.
    On the other hand merging servers would increase the problems during events and on release of new dungeons as population is larger so its easier for the queue system to overflow.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    No thanks. Like having option (such as today) to play on NA instead when EU is down.

And maybe you need to find some more active guilds? There are some very lovely ones on PS4 EU.

what about transfering characters between servers then? I logged in on NA and it had way more players than EU. Or just choose a server but keep your characters?
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And where would the server sit? On a floating barge in the Atlantic? There is a reason Australia players always have the highest latency issues. They connect to servers in the United States normally. It's to long of a connection. That would be a terrible idea.
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    I play on both.
    jerzeedevil.com

If looks could kill, then Death would be my name.

Daggerfall's Mightiest- PS4 NA
    Wardens of Morrowind-PS4 NA
    Cyrodiil Death Squad- PS4 NA/EU

• IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    I play on both.

i would play on both , if i had my characters.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Would love a merge so night capping doesn't exist anymore it will be always active. I know many US players play on EU so latency does not seem such a big issue. It would be so more alive at all times. Never have a issue now but yes keep playing against the same opponents. Would be very cool to have it merged.

I like that aspect, but we’ve been facing 100+ quest on weeknights and 200-300 on weekends this past week to get into Cyrodiil. Seems like a lot of the PvE peeps stayed after the event! I don’t know that I could take 2 hour waits to get in if the servers were combined.

• JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    I play on both.

i would play on both , if i had my characters.

I started new ones, learn from past mistakes! :wink:
    jerzeedevil.com

If looks could kill, then Death would be my name.

Daggerfall's Mightiest- PS4 NA
    Wardens of Morrowind-PS4 NA
    Cyrodiil Death Squad- PS4 NA/EU

• EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on both Xbox servers. I have too many characters for just one server. Which characters will be deleted?
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Not only will it not improve, it might get worse. If there are 10 million stories, 9.7 million are DD.

It's hard enough to get into Vivec at prime time now. I would never get in with six times as many people queuing for it.
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »

I like that aspect, but we’ve been facing 100+ quest on weeknights and 200-300 on weekends this past week to get into Cyrodiil. Seems like a lot of the PvE peeps stayed after the event! I don’t know that I could take 2 hour waits to get in if the servers were combined.

must be easy enough to increase the maximum amount of players? in cyrodil no?
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine the horrible lag. No thanks
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely not, the lag is bad enough and due to timezones people will have delays such as being hit before the animation starts, etc.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what you guys think of it, but it would be nice in my opinion.

On console: (PS4)
    - It sometimes takes me as a DD more than half an hour or more to find a match for a random normal/vet dungeon.
    - I mostly play against and with the same people in Battlegrounds :pensive:
    - Finding people for a dungeon like bloodroot or march of sacrifices seems nearly impossible unless you have friends, or guildies with nothing to do, who feel like helping... I hate how i got to depend on others :pensive: . I want to be able to play a dungeon whenever i want, and not whenever somebody else has time :p
    - Trials such as Asylum sanctorium seem to be non-existant on PS4 (eventhough i would really like some weapons from there)
    - Finding a team for pledges?? sometimes takes more than an hour?
    - and there are much more of these examples..

- Would be a lot easier to find dungeon groups , battlegrounds ... and so on.. no? would be a lot more action in cyrodil , 24/7
    and an overall less empty atmosphere?

Don't get me wrong , i got some nice guilds, eventhough some of them seem to be dying. I get all help i need... it all just takes so long :p

Idea's :
    -Merge NA + EU
    -Merge Xbox & PS4 ( at least)
    -Make it so , that matchmaking for dungeon's and so on is made cross-server. The rest of the game stays seperate?

You know why it takes so long to get into a random Q, you are qing up as a damage dealer. This is a known issue in all MMOs because DPS are a dime a dozen but support roles are harder to come by. It is why whenever I play a MMO I always role a support character first.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on January 30, 2019 5:18PM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO, since there will be...
    lag-21959897.png
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be crossplatform and no seperate geographic servers
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    Because if you out xbox eu vs na there wouldn't be any NA left
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »

must be easy enough to increase the maximum amount of players? in cyrodil no?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5665907

zos has actually decreased the pop counts in cyro...now that i'm thinking about some of the huge battles we had in the past in cyro...
    tenor.gif?itemid=4988274
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Merging NA and EU would give ugly ping for the people of the server you close.
    Merging Xbox and PS4 is impossible, ask Sony what they think about playing cross-platform.
    Not counting in any cases having to deal with double Ids, character names, ...
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if everyone and their mother didn't ALL want to be a dps then we would have better Q times.
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    well i made a healer and a tank to make the wait time less longer,

HOWEVER , i still find myself being in an EXTREMELY long queue :p i don't know if it's just ps4 or not . But sometimes it's just rediculous. And no matter what i do the queue time stays the same. Sadly i can't play Tank AND Healer at once..

Finding a full team for a raid, in craglorn. Often takes more than half an hour itself. Because holy *** , you need 2 healers and 2 tanks for a vet one :p Might aswell ask for diamonds. Diamonds in real life are less rare than tanks and healers. And TBH lately on ps4 we're even short on DD's .

maybe merging would be bad for lag, ok. but i'm pretty sure the game's going to die (at least) on PS4. which is sad, cause i really enjoy it. I just can't get all i want out of it. There has to be A solution no? I would gladly transfer my characters to Na if i know that there are more people playing there.

Maybe it's just bad merchandising? But something should happen before it dies.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be crossplatform and no seperate geographic servers

Ugh. No thank you.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already get bagged by North Americans. I don't need to be bagged by Europeans too.

Besides the NA Server is already packed enough to where a normal day the towns are busy and on a content release week the game is almost unplayable.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I already get bagged by North Americans. I don't need to be bagged by Europeans too.

Besides the NA Server is already packed enough to where a normal day the towns are busy and on a content release week the game is almost unplayable.

well in europe it's unplayable , as in : there's (almost) nobody to play with >.>