Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Proposed (subtle) racial changes

martijnlv40
martijnlv40
✭✭✭
So with changes coming to the racial passives coming next monday, I wanted to give my two cents on the first batch of changes (a bit late since they're changing things money, but I wanted to do it anyway :)).
In addition to this, every resource, resource gain and wep/spell damage should just scale normally, like it's a set bonus -which is what they were going for after all. Gillaim mentioned "...we have a change to the calculation for how Champion Points increase your Health, Magicka, and Stamina to make it easier to follow and impact more things that you'd expect." I hope this makes it work like it does on live, but with at least the racial passives included.
Also, I like subtle changes more than drastic ones as you might see. I also barely changed any passive, I mostly changed the numbers a bit.
I do have an idea for the Imperials though. Gilliam says he has a good idea for Red Diamond, but what if you just remove it and put a magicka resource bonus? They're supposed to be pretty great at anything lorewise, so maybe 3x 2000 resource bonus, or even 2500 might work. Or 2000 with a small (50) resource regen.
And lastly, I'm a bit conflicted on the poison/disease immunity. It is stated in lore that Argonians regularly take small doses of poison to train their resistance, but they also were immune to the Knahaten Flu. For balance reasons you can't just give them both, and giving the Bosmer and Argonians the same resistance isn't very fun either... So it might as well stay the same.
Either way, I hope the changes are subtle enough that they won't offend anyone :P and not subtle enough to not matter.

High Elf
Increases Experience gain in Destruction Staff Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Generic Experience gain → No changes
Spellcharge: 9% Magicka Recovery → Spell Recharge: Restore 575 600 Magicka or Stamina, based on whichever is higher, after activating a Class Ability. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. Reduces damage taken by 5% 10% while you are using an ability with a cast or channel time.
Gift of Magnus: 10% Max Magicka → Syrabane’s Boon: Increases your Max Magicka by 2000.
Elemental Talent: 4% Fire/Shock/Ice damage → Increases your Spell Damage by 258.

Argonian
Increases experience gain in Resto Staff Skill Line by 15%, extra 50% Swimming Speed → No changes
Resourceful: Gain 3% Max Magicka and restore 4620 Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you drink a potion → Increases your Max Magicka by 1000. Restore 3600 3900 Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you drink a potion and gain Empower for 5 seconds.
Argonian Resistance: 9% Max Health and 1485 Poison and Disease Resistance → Increases your Max Health by 1000 1250 and your Disease Poison Resistance by 2310 2640. You are immune to the Diseased Poisoned status effect.
Quick to Mend: 5% Healing Done and Received → Life Mender: Increases your Healing Done by 4%.

Wood Elf
Increases experience gain in Bow Skill Line by 15%, decreases fall damage taken by 10% → No changes
Y’ffre’s Endurance: 21% Stamina Recovery → Increases your Stamina Recovery by 258.
Resist Affliction: 6% Max Stamina and 1485 Poison and Disease Resistance → Increases your Max Stamina by 2000 and your Poison Disease Resistance by 2310 2640. You are immune to the Poisoned Diseased status effect.
Stealthy: Reduces detection Radius by 3m and Increases Damage Done in Stealth by 10% → Hunter’s Eye: Increases your Stealth detection radius by 3m. After you use Roll Dodge you gain 20% 15% Movement Speed for 3 seconds.

Breton
Increases Experience gain in Light Armor Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Alliance Point gain → No changes
Gift of Magnus: 10% Max Magicka → Increases your Max Magicka by 2000.
Spell Resistance: 3960 Spell Resistance → Gain 2310 3300 Spell Resistance and 100 75 Magicka Recovery.
Magicka Mastery: 3% Magicka Cost Reduction → Reduces the Magicka cost of your abilities by 7%.

Dark Elf
Increases Experience gain in Dual Wield Skill Line by 15%, reduces damage taken from Lava by 50% → No changes
Dynamic: 6% Max Stamina and Magicka → Increases your Max Stamina and Magicka by 1250 1500.
Resist Flame: 3% Max Magicka and 2079 Flame Resistance → Increases your Max Health by 600 500 and your Flame Resistance by 2310 2640. You are immune to the Burning status effect.
Destructive Ancestry: 7% Flame damage and 2% Frost/Shock Damage → Ruination: Increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 258.

Imperial
Increases Experience gain in One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Gold gain → No changes
Tough: 12% Max Health → Increases your Max Health by 2000.
Conditioning: 10% Max Stamina → Imperial Mettle: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
Red Diamond: 10% Chance on Melee Attack to heal for 6% of Max Health → When you deal Direct Damage you have a 15% 20% chance to heal for 1750 2500. Reduces the cost of your Block and Bash abilities by 5%.

Khajiit
Increases Experience gain in Medium Armor Skill Line by 15%, 5% bonus change to successfully pickpocket → No changes
Nimble: 20% Health Recovery and 10% Stamina Recovery → Robustness: Increases your Health Recovery by 100 75 and your Stamina and Magicka recovery by 75 100.
Stealthy: Reduce detection radius by 3m and Increase damage from Stealth by 10% → Lunar Blessings: Increases your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 750.
Carnage: Increase Weapon Critical Chance by 8% → Feline Ambush: Increases your Weapon and Spell Critical Chance by 8%. Reduces your detection radius in Stealth by 5 4 m.

Nord
Increases Experience gain in Two Handed Skill Line by 15%, 15 extra minutes on drink buffs → No changes
Stalwart: 6% Max Stamina and 20% Health Recovery → Increases your Max Stamina by 1500. When you take damage, you gain 5 6 Ultimate. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
Resist Frost: 9% Max Health and 2079 Cold Resistance → Increases your Max Health by 1000 1250 and your Cold Resistance by 2310 2640. You are immune to the Chilled status effect.
Rugged: 6% damage reduction → Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 3960.

Orc
Increases Experience gain in Heavy Armor Skill Line by 15%, extra 10% Inspiration gain → Increases Experience gain in Heavy Armor Skill Line by 15%, extra 10% Inspiration gain, 50% faster gathering speed (with the cp passive this means 25% of the time it normally costs)
Brawny: 6% Max Health and Stamina → Increases your Max Health by 500 750 and Stamina by 500 600.
Unflinching: Healing Received by 5% and 20% Health Recovery → Increases your Healing Received by 4% 5%. When you deal damage with a weapon ability you restore 380 500 Health and Stamina. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.
Swift Warrior: 4% Melee attack, 12% Sprint cost reduction and 10% Sprint Speed → Increases your Weapon Damage by 258. Reduces the cost of your Sprint ability by 12% and increases your Movement Speed while Sprinting by 10%.

Redguard
Increases One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, 15 extra minutes on food buffs → No changes
Exhilaration: 9% Stamina Recovery → Martial Training: Reduces the stamina cost of your Weapon abilities by 8%.
Conditioning: 10% Max Stamina → Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
Adrenaline Rush: When you deal damage with a melee attack you restore 792 800 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds. → When you deal Direct any type of physical Damage, you restore 950 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.