Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else disappointed with the Necromancer so far?

• Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh yet chill! It’s not even out yet!
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s too early to be disappointed. I know I’ll be giving it some playtime when it drops, but I’m not even really thinking about much till then.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how you can be disappointed when it hasn't even been released and you hardly know anything about it lol.

I think the concept sounds pretty cool, and refreshing. Imagine shooting off a spell that when it goes over a body a zombie/skeleton comes out and rushes forwards to do some damage and fall apart right after. Kind of like the warden bird.

An aoe which causes a whole bunch of hands to shoot out of the ground to do damage and slow someone.

Dragon ult where a giant dragon pops out, breaths conal fire and then goes back down again.

I can't wait.

I'm happy it's not going to be ESO Pets. So many sorc daedra running around looking all ugly.

• Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's totally unplayable at the moment.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leave it to these boards and the pre-complaining.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    Just show me a zerg of bone colossus for the reveal plllllssss
  • simeion
    simeion
    ✭✭✭
    How can you make a honest opinion on anything when all you know is a list of 15 possible skills and 3 ultis. You have no idea how they work and the passives.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know enough to be disappointed yet.

You will be....you....will...be....
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    Imho its not really a necromancer if you can't summon a bunch of zombies or skeletal warriors to act as a meatshield.

With necromancy being illegal nearly everywhere, players would quickly become supremely irritated by having to go into the character screen and right-click to unsummon them every single time they approached or teleported to a town.

I think that's the reason for this.

I love pets. Best thing about sorc and warden. Don't love necromancy generally speaking. But functionally it looks very promising to me.

Coming from playing a warden whose damage line only has 3 dps abilities and 2 buffs, for starters I appreciate that it looks like they have 5 whole dps abilities. Hooray!

Coming from playing a warden and only using 1 of their 5 abilities from the healing line, it looks like necro has a lot of good stuff which warden doesn't - a single target heal, cleanse, healing pet and the rez ultimate. Amazeballs!!

I'm a bit jealous. On top of not loving their theme I don't much like the idea of starting things like the horse feeding grind again (which I only recently finished for my wardens) but to actually have a full complement of class healing abilities, plus even temporary pets, is seriously tempting. It might elevate ESO from a game I just keep a toe in to one I play seriously.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    The only thing that disappoints me is that they seem to be doing the same thing they did with warden, where they have one entire tree for healing, and one entire tree for tanking. Argh, no, please don't do that.

I am surprised they're doing that again. I also don't love that about wardens.

Though maybe they'll avoid making that same mistake with necros.

Bone fetish looks like an aoe buff totem - so that could potentially apply to team-mates and summoned undead.

Taste of life looks like a drain heal, like vamp drain essence. Maybe ToL will scale on health instead of magicka? Maybe there'll be some other reason to use it. Or maybe it'll just be something nice for the non-vamps.

Impaling spikes look like an aoe cripple / slow.

Bone armor looks like an armor buff. Obviously.

Consume looks like a corpse based heal or self-buff. That could also potentially be a buff for team mates and summoned undead.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I'm disappointed in is the dragon Ult. Its poor judgment to pair an ult to the theme of the DLC. Having to use dawnbreaker as my burst Ult doesn't fit the whole evil Necro theme they have going
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've seen enough on them to judge one way or the other.

But I will say, if you are expecting some overpowered abilities just b/c you think the class should be awesome and not balanced, then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Not that they may not have balance issues, but I don't think that will be by design. Summoning an entire zombie hoard would be ridiculous.

Considering one ultimate is a giant bone dragon coming up to blast your enemies and another is turning yourself into a giant bone colossus, they sound like a solid design. But no, you shouldn't be able to just summon an endless supply of what are essentially pets to be meat shields. There are already pets in the game, we see how they are dealt with for balance, the same rules will need to apply.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion necro should have perm active "pets" or skeletons (dunno how you call it), but sorcerer should get remake and his pet should have some period of time like atronach. But maybe this system makes necro something new and not boring compare to other games where is also necromancer.
    Edited by DarkPicture on February 3, 2019 8:21PM
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    I like it so far. Love the Mesmer/theurgist style fire and forget pet style they went with.
  • Rogue_Ghost
    Rogue_Ghost
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that I am anxious to give this new class a try, which is saying a lot personally because I *never* play a magic based character class. Whether it be TES games in general, or ESO, I have always stayed away from magic characters because it's just not my style of game play - instead opting for the rogue/stealth characters.

But, necromancy - particularly the DPS build options - have me interested because it seems wholly different than anything else we've seen so far. Plus, the addition of the justice system makes it an interesting dynamic due to the fact that you are an outlaw mage. It'll be interesting to see how the justice system handles story scenarios that actually take place in and around cities.

You'll be saving people and communities who will then turn around and hate you for it.

Begs the question... will there be a necromancy guild as well? I can't imagine the mages guild accepting them with open arms, and they don't quite fit in with the Thieves or Assassin guilds, although the Dark Brotherhood would be the most likely guild it is hardly a place known for overtly magical operations.

"Death smiles at us all. All one can do, is smile back."
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    When they first announced it I was pretty excited. But now that we have more information, not so much anymore. Specifically the summoning is very disappointing. Imho its not really a necromancer if you can't summon a bunch of zombies or skeletal warriors to act as a meatshield. Having 'summons' as essentially glorified spell effects just doesn't get me excited for the class, really a missed opportunity imho.

No, I prefer to play the game rather than have npc's play it for me.