The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Points Given For Healing in BGs, Not Enough for Healers

Iskiab
Iskiab
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I like pvp healing but one thing I've noticed is I almost always get less points then other players on my team. Please fix the point system better reflects someone's contribution.

I just played a deathmatch where myself and a Templar both healed for over 1 million. The dps on our team got over 5k points each and both healers got 2500 and 2200 despite winning.

Maybe I misunderstand the system and it's not important, but I believe to be ranked it's the sum of all your points per type of battleground? Plus, do you not get better rewards the higher your end point total?

Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
Havoc Warhammer - Alair
LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn’t do much, you’ll get more points but as will the damage dealer for off healing. My stam toons off heal for 200k-400k and my magwarden has the potential to dish out more plus with over a mill damage. So at the end of the day, the results will look the same, you’ll just jump to let’s say 3500 while the dps goes to 7000.

The solution isn’t simply buffing scores.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on January 30, 2019 7:05AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Easy solution then, add bonus points for healing totals like 500k, 700k, breaking a million. I've seen dps with their self healing break 200k before but it's never that high.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks I say, we don't more healers in BGs.

Healers kind of ruin the experience and destroy the pace, a pure healer is disproportionately strong vs a pure DPS. They aren't on par 1:1, because for some reason ZOS designed this game to allow players to be tanks and healers at the same time.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand that thinking. If you want to play a pvp game without healing you might as well play a shooter.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't get a ton of points for healing, but you get a lot of wins. I'll take that any day.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    No thanks I say, we don't more healers in BGs.

Healers kind of ruin the experience and destroy the pace, a pure healer is disproportionately strong vs a pure DPS. They aren't on par 1:1, because for some reason ZOS designed this game to allow players to be tanks and healers at the same time.

Lol they didn't design the game to be that but it changed to that. You should see my healer in BG I wear pirate skeleton and fortified brass armor :wink:

I have almost max resistances in light armor not even wearing heavy lol. So my sustain is great too and hard as hell to kill.

You don't like healers and tanks go play COD tbh lol.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Easy solution then, add bonus points for healing totals like 500k, 700k, breaking a million. I've seen dps with their self healing break 200k before but it's never that high.

Still wouldn’t do too much because without at least getting assists you’ll fall behind. To be honest receiving 2500 points without getting any assists really is a decent score. Looking at the scorecard you can see your dps score is even higher because of the amount of assists they have. And it’s no indication of how many damage medals, kill medals and heal medals they have.

Anyways take away their assists and you’re looking at a closer score between all of you.

Edited by CatchMeTrolling on January 30, 2019 2:47PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy solution. Stop healing so much.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ unless you’re on my team.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healers should not get any points.

Seeing as so many players spec heals and go into BGs with premade teams of rekface, you should be DEcentivized to bring a healer to the match. It turns matches into mini cyrodils.

It's a battleground, supposed to be a quick match, have some fun kill some players, reQ.

I personally believe that if they were to absolutely remove friendly healing from BGs, they could even reimplement CP to the matches. Too many players too afraid to rely on their skill and solo Q or Q without heals. Nerf group heals...
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to get Critical Heals in BGs, plain and simple. This is the equivalent of Killing Blow scores.

To achieve this you need good healing and teammates that can survive. HoTs will not do the job either, you need a strong burst heal.

So basically NB, Templar, and Sorcerer can only achieve this. I've never seen a DK or Warden get an 8k+ burst heal in BGs.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

Seeing as so many players spec heals and go into BGs with premade teams of rekface, you should be DEcentivized to bring a healer to the match. It turns matches into mini cyrodils.

It's a battleground, supposed to be a quick match, have some fun kill some players, reQ.

I personally believe that if they were to absolutely remove friendly healing from BGs, they could even reimplement CP to the matches. Too many players too afraid to rely on their skill and solo Q or Q without heals. Nerf group heals...

Lol so your idea is to punish people who like to play support roles? Battlegrounds we're never advertised as quick match it is arena play. People aren't afraid to que to instances because of healing a lot of people on this forum have stated they don't like quing because they die so fast before they can even do anything. So your argument is the exact opposite.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But did you die though? Yes but only once. But did you win though?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Whenever I queue for BGs I do it solo (or 99% of the time I'm solo). You sound salty because you lost, believe it or not you will sometimes lose without the other side being a premade.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to say when it comes to healers. Give them more points, more will come into BGs as pure healers, and now more games will unending fights where all progress is reset within 2 seconds. However, at the same time, you take the edge off commonly irritating strategies, like DoT spam and bow spam.

For the sake of neutrality and fairness, healers should get more points for their work. I don't think it will cause any more issues with BGs.
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ive said as much in the past and many to disagree with me personally.

But if you want to gain medals in bgs as a healer, you need to be more than a tanky heal bot. Burst heals and proper damage is key. The average aim for DM games should be at least 300k damage along side the 1mil+ plus heals. Depending on how many damage sponges you are healing and fighting in a match of course.

Ever since the medal changes for healers I rarely am not first place on my team. Thats not a flex its just the changes made to medal gains rewards healers that can deal damage moreso than those that cant.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a NB healer what would I use? Entropy and ice blockade? I could use funnel health but I’d have to cast it 200 times per BG to do that much damage.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    As a NB healer what would I use? Entropy and ice blockade? I could use funnel health but I’d have to cast it 200 times per BG to do that much damage.

Cripple, swallow soul, merciless resolve/impale. You help pressure and seal the deal. Springs/mutagen, healthy offering, and path along side lights champ or soul siphon is all the healing you need. You still have room for image, fear, siphoning attacks, defensive spell etc etc. Assuming you are using potions that are actually worth using, you free up major sorc and prophecy OR a defensive option. But then again if you are playing 5 heavy in no cp, you are not going to come close to those numbers nor will you top a healer in medals that is in build with some offense. Its all down to the build and playstyle.

For me personally, a tanky healer with zero damage is dead weight. Ive seen your opinion on swallow soul but a 6.5-7k tooltip 28m spammable that increases healing done by 3 percent just for slotting is hardly a waste.
    Edited by exeeter702 on January 30, 2019 8:12PM
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree ... and noone should be allowed to wear armor. Just equipped weapons. The action and killing would be non stop !
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may or may not agree, but if you aren't doing damage and pressuring and/or killing the enemy, you're not helping your team achieve victory. That picture you posted shows exactly what is happening, the guy with 22/7 carried you hard and if instead of healing you would have done something more useful, it would have been the same or better result for your team.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may or may not agree, but if you aren't doing damage and pressuring and/or killing the enemy, you're not helping your team achieve victory. That picture you posted shows exactly what is happening, the guy with 22/7 carried you hard and if instead of healing you would have done something more useful, it would have been the same or better result for your team.

You are wrong only so much damage is needed tbh. If I'm with 3 good DPS and they are burning people no problem while I'm spamming heals keeping them alive while doing very little damage I'm sure the DPS not dying greatly appreciate that lol :wink:

Now the other groups will be mad if they can't kill my DPS thats their problem lol. I can do damage but if I need to spam heals to get the win then by all means I will gladly take the win and get my ap lol.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, I don’t agree. That’s like saying in pve raid only the dps matters and they’re carrying the tank and healer.

I don’t know why so many people associate pvp with soloing/dueling. Group pvp is exactly like pve, as you add more people it makes sense to specialize roles. Dueling or solo specs isn’t the pinnacle of pvp, it’s the most basic level and becomes more advanced the more players are involved.

If pvp was all about dueling and individual PKs in ESO I wouldn’t bother playing.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >3 good DPS
    >keeping them alive

If they are good, they can keep themselves alive because they can't rely on a healer being present every single BG.
    And that's why you don't get points. They can kill enemies and defend themselves, you can't kill anyone and you can't defend yourself, so as a healer you are a liability in smallscale. Time they spend defending you could be spent on killing a high value target on the enemy team instead.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a healer I can keep myself alive. The only time I’ve played in a battleground where players didn’t die is I was there healing.

If what you’re saying was true my team wouldn’t be smashing the other teams in BGs. I have no idea what you’re talking about.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know what some of these people are talking about but a healer automatically becomes the most valuable player when the opposing players don’t have a healer of their own. In a bg match that’s usually who wins the game unless you’re considerably better than that team.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know what some of these people are talking about but a healer automatically becomes the most valuable player when the opposing players don’t have a healer of their own. In a bg match that’s usually who wins the game unless you’re considerably better than that team.

That’s my experience as well, only exception is a healer who has no survivability and can’t keep themselves alive.

Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer to discourage healers even more via nerf of medals lol.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    >3 good DPS
    >keeping them alive

If they are good, they can keep themselves alive because they can't rely on a healer being present every single BG.
    And that's why you don't get points. They can kill enemies and defend themselves, you can't kill anyone and you can't defend yourself, so as a healer you are a liability in smallscale. Time they spend defending you could be spent on killing a high value target on the enemy team instead.
    You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    >3 good DPS
    >keeping them alive

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

No. I has a point. He just hasn't seen the unkillable turtle groups at their worst yet. He doesn't know how unkillable a group can become.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade