The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Curse Eater

Ruckly
Ruckly
✭✭✭✭
I haven't played and I don't play the PTS and I might be paranoid but doesn't this set look like doom for cyrodill? Every caster can run this with bright throat and spell power enchant on jewelry and back bar resto staff and as long as they keep Regeneration up they have cleanse every 2 seconds. At a cost of ~2k magicka and 1 gcd a player might get 5 or more separate cleanses in. The result if DoTs can't be applied {to offset HoTs or force gcd usage} would seem to be heal stacking burst wars. You don't need proximity for that cleanse(Curse Eater passive) so you don't need to stack on crown and spam purge or templar cleanse; you could use Regeneration and it targets you and somebody else and they(the other magicka users) do the same so you can spread out and stack HoTs and as a result be less vulnerable to bombing. And the result of this looks like single target burst wars.

No one has really commented on this as far as it impacts cyrodill so am I paranoid?
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check out the PTS section of the forums. Plenty of comments there on Curse Eater.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know there was a PTS forum I don't use the PTS. Even so it is an alliance war set and would primarily impact alliance war. So much so I made a thread about it ahead of time and I don't make tabloid threads. It looks damaging to cyrodill to the point of boring everyone out of cast time->la->instant cast combos.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Community: Buff old sets and make them interesting.
    ZOS: [buffs an old set and makes it interesting]
    Community: No, not like that.
    Edited by Anrose on January 29, 2019 10:43AM
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    Community: Buff old sets and make them interesting.
    ZOS: [buffs an old set and makes it interesting]
    Community: No, not like that.

It is interesting in the sense there is a 10 page forum post about it. If it goes live I don't think it will be interesting at all. Same with the other cyrodill sets. They are to gimmicky. Curse Eater however looks like a cyrodill killer. The other sets might be tolerable I wouldn't want to be on Beckoning Steel duty that set is simply dumb.

Curse Eater can be theoretically defeated by a Wild Impulse spammer by that shows how corridored the game play would become.