The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My actual game account has gotten hacked. No one has given me the help I need to recover it.

ascatraz
ascatraz
Hey there, I'm on PC/NA. My account got hacked a long time ago, some time in the middle of last year. I made a support ticket whenever I was trying to come back to the game, in September of last year. They asked for a bunch of information, proof that I'm the owner of the account, and I gave them (whoever was trying to help me) all the requested information—character details, account creation date, screenshots proving credit card purchases that I made on the account with bank statements to corroborate the purchases, the original userID I used on the account, my actual government name that I put on the account, the last time and location I logged onto the account before it was stolen and logged into from God-knows-where, screenshots of promotional emails from Zenimax to the email that was originally linked onto the account, and now, I'm proving that I can still sign onto the forums because the hacker didn't have the wherewithal to change the password to the forum account. I gave up on recovering the account in September because I was fed up with getting automated responses on my deeply-detailed tickets. IP addresses could easily corroborate my claim on the account, so I'm not sure why this was never looked into. I even had a Twitch account on which I streamed my vMA runs, and I was ranked fairly highly on the PC/NA vMA leaderboards, as well as a YouTube channel to which I'd upload ESO content occasionally. All of this information I also provided in my tickets, but was never given any attention.

I'm just trying to figure out what, if anything, can be done at this point. I didn't consider at all the possibility that I could still sign into my forum account, but my friend suggested that if the hacker was stupid enough, he'd have left everything untouched with regards to the forums. And he was right. This is my last resort (lol).

EDIT: So I made a Reddit post on the ESO subreddit that got quite a lot of attention. Gina responded, asking for my ticket information. I PM'd her and gave her all the ticket information she needed, but got no further response from anyone on the support team.
Edited by ascatraz on January 28, 2019 11:55PM
  • Leinova
    Leinova
    ✭✭
    Can confirm all of this, not that it matters if I can or not.

It is actually quite horrific the screenshots of the support tickets I've seen him get and I feel horrible for anyone in past, present or future gets hacked on this game because the support is just horrendous.

He provided nearly all information he could possibly provide, Name, addresses, ISPs, emails, original character and @ names, forum activation code from years ago, date of creation, original passwords, original emails and his recovery question and answer. It's honestly quite ridiculous how even with all of this information he was just spammed with automated responses and was provided with no support at all.
    Edited by Leinova on January 27, 2019 12:42AM
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is crazy. I hope it gets attention. This is my worst fear.
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming then you have access to the email that is used in relationship with the account right? If so then just go to

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/users/password_reset

That link and reset your password. They will send you a couple of test pings to determine if the IP has shifted or whatever, but you will be able to then reset the account password through that portal.

If you do not have access to the attached email to the account then you are going to have to do the dance with customer support.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ascatraz
    ascatraz
    Bump