Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Building a stable. (Looking for tips!)

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've decided what house I'm going to get as my main residence, and it's the Cyrodiilic Jungle House. Chose this partly to justify buying the Imperial Upgrade, but also because it has an edge over staple houses... Also my main is an Imperial and she just happens to be AD, so...

Its large garden has an area that's blatantly a place to stable horses.

What I would like to ask today is, what furniture items would you recommend for building a stable from?

I'm not after anything too fancy, and would prefer if it were possible to build the stable from generic parts, not race-specific styles, with the exception of Imperial pieces as it's an Imperial home.

What are your thoughts guys?
Edited by CMDR_Un1k0rn on January 26, 2019 7:45PM
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my char's home too. It's a nice small house :smile:

Might try the big awnings lined up side by side to make a beginning of a stable on the side of the home. And put the wood planks as a divider behind the awning poles. I think it's called redguard awning.

eta pics:
    stable1.png
    stables2.png
    Edited by radiostar on January 26, 2019 8:53PM
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    That's my char's home too. It's a nice small house :smile:

Might try the big awnings lined up side by side to make a beginning of a stable on the side of the home. And put the wood planks as a divider behind the awning poles. I think it's called redguard awning.

Thank you. :smile:

I'm probably going to buy the house next weekend with my monthly gaming budget. I'll be sure to check these out when I start decorating.
    Edited by CMDR_Un1k0rn on January 26, 2019 8:01PM
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have a stable of planks, hedges, vines and posts was simply made for forsaken. It should fit any house with a yard

i7idpydduws7.png
    f131gv00rmjt.png
    m0etp8a3enog.png
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i have a stable of planks, hedges, vines and posts was simply made for forsaken. It should fit any house with a yard

i7idpydduws7.png
    f131gv00rmjt.png
    m0etp8a3enog.png

Sir/maam, that is absolutely beautiful. Is everything on that stable furniture, including the gate with a lamp hanging from it?
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the side walls are planks , front is single planks side by side the gate s under posts I think kahjit , the stone posts are imp from undercroft , the grass is hedges sunk into ground n vines hanging down.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 26, 2019 11:54PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u can’t craft the post u can fine in in guild vendors for sale , lamp is common hanging.
    2qp5913e2td8.png
    tpgesil9sqd9.png
    65yxqy61mi58.png
    kkd0u9os43z9.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 27, 2019 12:07AM
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    I use the Orcish Canopy, Shingled.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've decided what house I'm going to get as my main residence, and it's the Cyrodiilic Jungle House. Chose this partly to justify buying the Imperial Upgrade, but also because it has an edge over staple houses... Also my main is an Imperial and she just happens to be AD, so...
    I've made stable from the Khajiit Tent, Storage, which seems appropriate since this house is in the Baandari Tradepost.

zjp19oeyqggy.jpg
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    I've made stable from the Khajiit Tent, Storage, which seems appropriate since this house is in the Baandari Tradepost.

zjp19oeyqggy.jpg

I agree. I hadn't thought to take into account the regional culture.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used 2 of these side-by-side for the main structure - Argonian Canopy, Reed.
    Argonian-Canopy-Reed.jpg?w=1172&ssl=1

I then used the wooden planks to make half-walls at either end, and a third plank to create a partial wall at the front.

I used these two for the bedding on the ground - Rough Hey bed, sloppy + Wood Elf bedding, scattered.
    Rough-Hay-Bed-Sloppy-2.jpg?w=591&ssl=1
    Wood-Elf-Bedding-Scattered-2.jpg?w=426&ssl=1

These three for food: Common Trough + Wood Elf Trough + Crop, Wheat Stack
    iaigphlx9p6b.png
    Wood-Elf-Trough-Slop-2.jpg?w=631&ssl=1
    Crop-Wheat-Stack-2.jpg?w=634&ssl=1

There is also a Stable Masters Sign:
    Stablemasters-Sign-Small.jpg?w=464&ssl=1

And lots of other bits, like barrels and crates, and some wood elf hides to act as surrogate horse blankets. Then lots of greenery, so it all blends in :)

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a really simple one I made using the Flower Trellis items:

zERZ9Xg.jpg

As mentioned above, you can use either a tent/awning type of furnishing, or build it with any number of structural items (not necessarily planks, for eg., stone slab would look good in the Cyrodillic house too) and then make it more vivid by adding small details, like washtubs, troughs, buckets, carts, brooms, the stable signs from the luxury merhcant, etc. You can have a look at the stables found in the main cities for ideas as well.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many great ideas here!

I also recommend Argonian rack, sturdy. When turned on its side it makes a nice post and rail fence.
    Edited by anadandy on January 28, 2019 1:48PM