The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

What was the point of the nerf to dual wield enchants?

MaximusDecimus
MaximusDecimus
✭✭✭
Enchants on one handed weapons will now be half the potency of those placed on two handed weapons. This will apply to the damage and effectiveness of enchants, but will not affect the cooldown.
This means an enchant that would normally have a 4 second cooldown and deal 4000 damage on a two handed weapon will deal 2000 Damage, but still have a 4 second cooldown.

Developer Comment:
This change was made to better align with the current functionality of differences in one handed and two handed weapons. Traits and item set slot progression are worth twice as much on two handed weapons than they are on one handed weapons, and the previous interaction broke that paradigm in the case of enchantment performance.

I just read through the dev comment above and I don't understand what they mean by "Traits and item set slot progression are worth twice as much on two handed weapons than they are on one handed weapons". Are you trying to balance the progression time it takes to research the traits? That's how it is worded here. Are you trying to balance 2H and DW dps? Well this isn't how you do that. That requires a change to the 2H skill tree that is frankly hamstrung in its ability to deal single target dps. Are you nerfing all enchants? Well no since 2 slot weapons are uneffected.

Can someone please tag some of the devs in here and get them to clarify what they intended this change to effect? I think the community is tearing itself apart since no one really knows why they did this.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make 2H better... which it did not.

It's a straight nerf to stam across the board.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To address the spin to win meta
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • MaximusDecimus
    MaximusDecimus
    ✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    To make 2H better... which it did not.

It's a straight nerf to stam across the board.
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    To address the spin to win meta

See this is what I mean. Nobody actually knows why the devs did this.

• MaximusDecimus
    MaximusDecimus
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get some clarification please? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom