The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Performance Improved After Midyear Mayhem?

Ahtu
Ahtu
✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering if anyone has noticed improvement in regards to casting ultimate abilities after the patch that went through during Midyear Mayhem to fix performance isues now that the event has concluded?

Performance Improved After Midyear Mayhem? 76 votes

Yes
26%
KikazarufioskalAhPook_Is_HereSteelshivCadbury_CrowDBZVelenaAlucufullheartcontainerseibi_92gepe87AngryOldManp00txDosuulAhtuWoppaBoemIntextioHeimpaicodestripperFlame_of_Hades 20 votes
No
73%
Red_NineAlomarGodspeedElsterchenRMerlinclocksstoppeAektannEdTerraMalthorneElongNutshotzEvergnarglaviustwitch_zeroLord_WrathfrozywozyEirellaneowonWitchyWarriorDerra 56 votes
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    My performance was actually better during the Event than before. Might be because AP moved to a different campaign.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think population cap was lowered. Map seems empty.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, haven't played enough yet. Although it will be hard to tell since the pops are just generally lower now and what you're feeling could just be the effects of that. Of course everything will work better now that the PvP pop has returned to normal for the most part.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're the problem, Ahtu. Vivec was so much better without AOTP and it's slimy leaders who think it's funny when they break the server.

I understand it's your dream to "unite the factions". Why don't you go to an empty server and do that?

This isn't a joke, it's not an insult, it's not salt. *You* are one of the biggest problems PC/NA/Vivec has.
    Edited by zyk on January 23, 2019 4:46AM
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Performance was better at midyear mayhem on 7 days campaings, now back to the laggy vivec at prime time.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Voted "No" with an asterisk. On console it seemed less laggy, obviously, but in-game chat is still completely buggy and inaccessible at times for seemingly no reason.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Not one bit and the OP is part of the problem. I've had to move campaigns.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    In the last three days in Vivec during prime time, I have had much less performance issues which I believe is thanks to the guild roster, friends list, and group member performance optimizations implemented last week. My ultimate abilities and ground-targeted abilities work the first time I try them with no delays whereas before I had to try a few times for them to work. This in addition to destructible milegates and bridges to spread the zerg out has fixed most if not all problems I was having, so I'm wondering if others were experiencing the same thing that I am.
    Edited by Ahtu on January 24, 2019 7:24PM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The destructible bridges and milecmgates don't seem to spread ppl out and there is still at least one ep guild who still stacks multiple raids on crown knowing full well how the server handles that stress. I believe you are one of the leads. Please split your group up. It will further reduce the lag and you will be able to hit multiple targets at once. You might actually see improvements in the individuals who run with you as they will learn how to work within the 24man grp structure
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Ahtu wrote: »
    In the last three days in Vivec during prime time, I have had much less performance issues which I believe is thanks to the guild roster, friends list, and group member performance optimizations implemented last week. My ultimate abilities and ground-targeted abilities work the first time I try them with no delays whereas before I had to try a few times for them to work. This in addition to destructible milegates and bridges to spread the zerg out has fixed most if not all problems I was having, so I'm wondering if others were experiencing the same thing that I am.

You have a better performance than us because you're 60 players you're stacked with are already rendered, and when you approach the enemy we have to render you all, it gives you a jump and creates lag for us.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    You have a better performance than us because you're 60 players you're stacked with are already rendered, and when you approach the enemy we have to render you all, it gives you a jump and creates lag for us.
    They improve performance by sapping the will of their opponents to play -- just like the Zerg lord legend, Daniel.

Personally, I'm not playing AOTP's daycap the map and turtle during prime time game. Fighting the constantly stacked EP faction is just miserable.

The event made me love ESO PVP again and AOTP's return to Vivec has made hate it.
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's hard to tell with your guild running around
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    zyk wrote: »
    They improve performance by sapping the will of their opponents to play -- just like the Zerg lord legend, Daniel.

Personally, I'm not playing AOTP's daycap the map and turtle during prime time game. Fighting the constantly stacked EP faction is just miserable.

The event made me love ESO PVP again and AOTP's return to Vivec has made hate it.

Agreed. I've moved campaigns and I would recommend others to do so.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed it was a lot better during the event hit now it’s in the toilet again.

Problem with this is shor is that myself I’ve found shor a nightmare unless you have a partner or two and DC have *** up sotha well and good.

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Performance was better during the event when the groups were spread out across multiple servers because they couldn´t access their main due to 200+ queue.

But ofc it´s not large groups at fault that the game is lagging :no_mouth:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's if the game even lets you get close to that many players. The number of times we had someone desync getting close to a fight was insanely high.

Desync = When all of a sudden everyone else freezes on the screen, but you can still move around - though your skills won't go off. You can still type in chat until you get booted from the game after about 2 minutes. You then get error messages when trying to get back in for about 8-10 minutes, and pray to the Daedra that you won't be in PvE land when you get back into the game. I like to take these opportunities to try and swim to the centre of the map - as if you're mounted when it desyncs you keep the horse movement speed and slaughter fish won't hurt you.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    Performance was better at midyear mayhem on 7 days campaings, now back to the laggy vivec at prime time.

For me it was the other way around. Vivec was flawless except Saturday night of the last weekend.
    When I went to Shor, I experienced the most terrible lag spikes I have seen in the past year.

Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

Actually to be fair, AotP doesn't day cap. It's mainly The Dawning and Justice League that play at that time.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No improvement, it is just that the servers are not so packed now..........

Try play at sotha Friday and Saturday peak time and you will see nothing changed :(
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Crown wrote: »

That's if the game even lets you get close to that many players. The number of times we had someone desync getting close to a fight was insanely high.

Desync = When all of a sudden everyone else freezes on the screen, but you can still move around - though your skills won't go off. You can still type in chat until you get booted from the game after about 2 minutes. You then get error messages when trying to get back in for about 8-10 minutes, and pray to the Daedra that you won't be in PvE land when you get back into the game. I like to take these opportunities to try and swim to the centre of the map - as if you're mounted when it desyncs you keep the horse movement speed and slaughter fish won't hurt you.

Yep that's the worst bit about it, riding up to a keep they're stacked in. You have to Walk as slow as possible and pray to Talos.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    pzschrek wrote: »
    I noticed it was a lot better during the event hit now it’s in the toilet again.

Problem with this is shor is that myself I’ve found shor a nightmare unless you have a partner or two and DC have *** up sotha well and good.

Sotha has been a blast. I was against the idea originally because of not being able to use my CP I had earned over the years, but at this stage I would take performance over anything. The laggiest it gets is a normal Vivec fight. Some fights may not be as challenging as Vivec, but if you can't do anything in lag then what is the point anyway? I'm having fun.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭

Sotha has been a blast. I was against the idea originally because of not being able to use my CP I had earned over the years, but at this stage I would take performance over anything. The laggiest it gets is a normal Vivec fight. Some fights may not be as challenging as Vivec, but if you can't do anything in lag then what is the point anyway? I'm having fun.

Well if you’re playing on blue, I’m sure you are. The other factions seem to have it pretty rough in there from what I’ve heard.

I just don’t play until after 10c when the main guilds start logging. Gets better rapidly after then.

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

Well if you’re playing on blue, I’m sure you are. The other factions seem to have it pretty rough in there from what I’ve heard.

I just don’t play until after 10c when the main guilds start logging. Gets better rapidly after then.

I know DC cap it during the day but I only play late night server time (I'm oceanic), and during that time there's usually only a 12 man pug group and a couple of 3-5 mans for DC, while they're (rightly) double teamed. It's a lot of fun and plenty of good fights.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You know I did think things seemed to be running a little better, but a few hours ago I noticed others as well as myself having a hard time with skills not firing off. Thats always been my biggest turn off since forever ago. Sometimes things run well, sometimes im tapping a skill 5 times before my prior bar flip kicks through and the wrong skill fires off instead.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    For everyone that states they had better improvement after midyear on PC na vivec please show your proof.

From my PoV it's gotten worse. During the midyear I logged on mainly early AM or late night to avoid the large raids. Shor was a mess with AoTP running on that campaign
    Surprisingly vivec was very stable, but now vivec is back to the same old lagfest.

Now my 2019 ESO wish is for anyone that runs more than 1 raid of 24 players. The other group goes to another campaign. I can almost be certain that the performance will be 10x better.
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game's been virtually unplayable for me in Vivec for the past week. Crippling skill lag and always hard crashing anytime I approach a large fight at a keep - in line with what Crown and Elong have mentioned above.

I'll derp around on Shor a little bit here and there but it's pretty depressing to not be able to stay connected to the game just because X group is stacking massive numbers that I'm somehow unable to render with a beefy PC, gigabit internet and all settings dropped to Low with addons disabled.

As much as I'd like to hate on guilds for this - and guilds *are* part of the problem, particularly those stacking multiple raids in the same spot - fact is the game was designed and marketed as being able to support 2,000 people on a server with fights 3-5x larger than what we're dealing with right now, and the fact that 60 people being in the same spot being loosely coordinated is gamebreaking is 100%, unequivocably, Zenimax's fault and they need to fix it.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • SKYICE01
    SKYICE01
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Mine is worse :( PC EU servers are literally unplayable sometimes.
    Edited by SKYICE01 on February 2, 2019 3:06PM
  • nckg84
    nckg84
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Performance is terrible and they have no clue what they are doing.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm still dying at full HP due to lag sometimes
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Crown wrote: »

Thank you! This is EXACTLY what has been happening to me so much more since the mayhem event. I am glad there is a name for it. The past two days have been the worse.
    I am actually typing this while waiting to log back in after it happening within 10 minutes of me getting into Vivec. It happens the most when a outpost is called out in zone as being under attack, but it's not flagged yet so I port in. But when I get there, no one is moving. Just me.
    It also happens every time I die and rez at an FC during a big battle. During the fight, everything is fine. But if I rez at the FC, it happens.
    But last night it happened at least 5 times over only a few hours.
    I was loving the Midyear event! I was even in Vivec the whole time & it was a HUGE difference. It was nice.
    Now its worse than ever.