The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How many crown crates for radiant Apex?

• TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    They should have given a chance to get them for crown gems, even if it would been a ridiculous amount of them imo.
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your really lucky like me you could get one in a free crate

DxecjDyX0AE4JR5.jpg:large
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    BossXV wrote: »
    I am seriously interested in trying to get one radiant Apex maybe ever, just to have one

Many people you will meet with Radiant Apex mounts got them from the free crates.

That should be a good indication of how much it will cost you. Many people who have them are so embarrassed about the cost they pretend they came free. At a drop rate of around 0.1%, it's remarkable that so many ESO players are that lucky :tongue:

There are honest people around here too though, many of whom have spent literally thousands trying to get a radiant apex before giving up. At least with standard apex mounts you can eventually buy them with gems if after you spend $100-200 you still don't get the mount you want as a drop. Radiant Apex is pure gambling though, with no guarantee over time, so you should only be viewing them as a possible bonus from collecting gems for something else you want. Never go for a radiant apex specifically. You will likely come away with nothing for your money if that's what you were after, and even if you do get lucky and get one... it will likely cost you several hundred. Would you buy a radiant apex on the Crown Store for 100,000+ Crowns? Because that's the value we're talking about here for a bunch of pixels that are mechanically identical to the mounts you already own.

There are surely better things you could spend that kind of money on, even if you want the money to be for gaming entertainment specifically. For example a new high end graphics card will probably be the same cost as a radiant apex mount, but provide significantly more value to you.

So the folks or most of the folks who say they got em in free crates are lying because they are embarrassed, but the folks claiming to have spent thousands and gotten nothing are all upstanding and telling the truth? Not like any of them have an agenda to push forward right?

Anywho, I have three, two of which came from free crates and the last one (the black fire horse) I got from buying 15 crates, in crate number 7 or 8.

That being said, don't make a financial decision based on another players good luck. Many have bought twice as many as I have and have gotten zilch for their efforts. Never buy crates with the desire to attain any one certain item as most likely you'll not get it. I rarely buy crates now that they have introduced the radiants, buy when I do it's for gems.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭
    4 OP
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop rate is .15% according to the Crate Logger add on. That means on average, repeated over time, you would expect to see a Radiant Apex after opening around 700 crates.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One guy in another thread I saw spent £3,000 looking for a radiant apex mount without luck.

Don't do it.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »
    I am seriously interested in trying to get one radiant Apex maybe ever, just to have one

But those of you that bought it...or tried to, how many crates did you have to buy?

I have purchased none, but the drop rate for Xanmeer Radiant Apex mounts is 0.12% according to Faunter.
    Probability says that you will need to open 575 Crown Crates, 195000 Crowns in value, just to get even odds, a 50% chance, of getting one. Half of the people who open 575 Crown Crates will get one. The other half, will not. Statistically speaking.

Of course, you might get one the first time. You not might get one until you have opened 7000 of them. Or, you might not get one no matter how many you open.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the plague horse the first time it came around. Keep in mind, I generally try to ignore all mounts in the RA level because the drop rate is a joke and rng hates me. Getting the plague horse was a huge shock, and I know that I will never in the rest of my dam life ever see another mount from the RA level.

So this last crate season I accidentally really liked a mount from the RA level and I bought like 70 crates. I got mostly crap I wasn't interested in and like 1 apex mount, and of course zero RA mounts. So I am back to ignoring that level after being super mad for a bit.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts