The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How many crown crates for radiant Apex?

BossXV
BossXV
✭✭✭✭
I am seriously interested in trying to get one radiant Apex maybe ever, just to have one

But those of you that bought it...or tried to, how many crates did you have to buy?

• AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't do it.

https://www.crowncrates.com/

It's a huge mistake to go buying crates looking for Apex, and especially Radiant Apex. At least with Apex you have an endpoint with gems. Radiants have no endpoint - you could buy infinite crates and never get what you're looking for.

ZOS monetizers put those Radiant mounts in the crates specifically for that reason - they are bait for whales and people prone to gambling. You're better off ignoring them.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe one, more likely hundreds, very possibly never.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently I have 3 radiant apex mounts 2 I got from free crates and my last one it took about 30 boxes RNG is the best 1vXer in the game
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh muh gosh! Some people bought 90 crates and didn't get it? Anyone? Has ANYONE GOT ONE???
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    And lived to tell the tale, how many crates did it take
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to get Wild Hunt mount from crates.
    I bought 5500 crowns pack to buy crates, then 5500 crowns more, then 1500 crowns, 1500 crowns, 5500 crowns, 1500 crowns.
    Didn't get any apex mount. Since then I have anti-crates slogan in my signature, and I decided to never buy any loot boxes in any game.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A stupid amount. That's how many. I don't know that from experience, thankfully.
    forever stuck in combat
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »
    And lived to tell the tale, how many crates did it take

I opened 15 scale callers for mine. Others opened hundreds upon hundreds and never received one. Do so with your risk if you're willing to spend thousands.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am seriously interested in trying to get one radiant Apex maybe ever, just to have one

But those of you that bought it...or tried to, how many crates did you have to buy?

Go for it when they promise to use all that money to fix the servers.

tenor.gif?itemid=4802586

Honestly it is your money but look at the crown crates as if they were run by 'The Thieves Guild' :#
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 22, 2019 5:36AM
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried one season and did not get any. But when I stopped trying and got one in a free crate in a different season.
  • Seebs
    Seebs
    ✭✭✭
    Guy I talked to spent over $1000 for his. Drop rate is a joke on them. Don't bother.
  • CrusaderNINE
    CrusaderNINE
    Soul Shriven
    I got the Adamant Dwarven Horse within 15 crates I believe, its the only radiant I expect to have. I wasn't shooting for it specifically, I just really like dwarven stuff so I bought some crates to try for whatever I could get and was lucky.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    I was trying to get Wild Hunt mount from crates.
    I bought 5500 crowns pack to buy crates, then 5500 crowns more, then 1500 crowns, 1500 crowns, 5500 crowns, 1500 crowns.
    Didn't get any apex mount. Since then I have anti-crates slogan in my signature, and I decided to never buy any loot boxes in any game.

Yeah its funny how they give the best loot to the ones that don't buy anything pretty weird
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seebs wrote: »
    Guy I talked to spent over $1000 for his. Drop rate is a joke on them. Don't bother.

Yeah no 1 mount is worth that much not even 100$ tbh, the houses are already bad enough priced at that 100-150$ mark
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pacrooti is really Sheogorath! Last time I got a radiant apex it was from a 15 pack, and I got no other mounts from them besides it. It was the Shadowrider Senche from Scalecaller. I had hoped to get the bearded Guar apex, and got none of em but my shadow kitty. I’m not complaining. I had bought waaaay too many of the crates that had the Skeletal mounts, trying to get the elusive Plague Husk horse....i ended up with a bunch of fugly boney mounts that my Bosmer don’t even like to ride. I learned my lesson, I won’t buy more than 15 a season, if that. It purely is random and the house bets against you like in Vegas. Terrible odds.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s about 100–if you’re lucky. Sky’s the limit if you’re not. I’ve whales on them before though, and I feel as if there’s a hidden “pity” counter at like 200 crates or so. But that’s completely anecdotal and probably not true. We’ll never know till ZoS is forced to comply with regulations and releases drop rate info.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think overall I opened around 50 crates. I NEVER got any mount out of it. No mount ever.

Some get it from their free Crown crate. It's just a total RNG game with a very, very bad drop chance.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a stupid number and even then you might not get the one you wanted. NEVER buy crates with the intention of getting anything in the Apex category, just treat them as nice rewards which you have the slimmest of changes of getting.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't do it.

https://www.crowncrates.com/

It's a huge mistake to go buying crates looking for Apex, and especially Radiant Apex. At least with Apex you have an endpoint with gems. Radiants have no endpoint - you could buy infinite crates and never get what you're looking for.

ZOS monetizers put those Radiant mounts in the crates specifically for that reason - they are bait for whales and people prone to gambling. You're better off ignoring them.

^ So much this! ^

Just don't. It tells them the crates are a viable business model every time someone buys the silly things! What I do is just enjoy seeing others on them - variety is the spice of life. Nor do I judge someone on a fancy mount - they could have just as easily got it out of a free crate, as I did.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do not ever buy crates with the intention of getting something specific unless your intention is to purchase the item with gems from duplicates, which you can't do with radiant apex. Even then you need to realize you could very well end up spending a lot of money just to collect enough gems.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a poll on this one Check comments for more insight.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s impossible to tell how many.
    Even apex drop is bad.

I’ve opened almost 200 crates and got only one apex. Obviously, no radiant apex.

I bought almost all of them with crown-gold trading, so I don’t really care.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Many people you will meet with Radiant Apex mounts got them from the free crates.

That should be a good indication of how much it will cost you. Many people who have them are so embarrassed about the cost they pretend they came free. At a drop rate of around 0.1%, it's remarkable that so many ESO players are that lucky :tongue:

There are honest people around here too though, many of whom have spent literally thousands trying to get a radiant apex before giving up. At least with standard apex mounts you can eventually buy them with gems if after you spend $100-200 you still don't get the mount you want as a drop. Radiant Apex is pure gambling though, with no guarantee over time, so you should only be viewing them as a possible bonus from collecting gems for something else you want. Never go for a radiant apex specifically. You will likely come away with nothing for your money if that's what you were after, and even if you do get lucky and get one... it will likely cost you several hundred. Would you buy a radiant apex on the Crown Store for 100,000+ Crowns? Because that's the value we're talking about here for a bunch of pixels that are mechanically identical to the mounts you already own.

There are surely better things you could spend that kind of money on, even if you want the money to be for gaming entertainment specifically. For example a new high end graphics card will probably be the same cost as a radiant apex mount, but provide significantly more value to you.
    Edited by Darkstorne on January 22, 2019 10:20AM
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 apex radiant mounts. I usually buy 15 - 20 crates per season. I don't do it every season, just if a season is really attractive to me.
    Edited by myskyrim26 on January 22, 2019 11:17AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As per @Faunter and his empiric research the drop rate is around 0.2%. They are indeed VERY RARE. There are tons of stories from people who spent a thousand dollars and never got one.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know one who got every radiant apex from this season after 750 crates.....
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 to infinite
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't do it- a guy complained to zos of having spent 1000's of dollars- plural- and not getting it- and was prepared- and willing - and said so- to buy the thing outright- and was willing to drop any number. they couldn't help him of course.

those things take advantage of people. they may be a small nmber- but the amount they spend is enough for zos to justify it.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anywhere from 1 to ∞. Never, ever get crates with the thought of aiming for a specific mount.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »

Many people you will meet with Radiant Apex mounts got them from the free crates.

That should be a good indication of how much it will cost you. Many people who have them are so embarrassed about the cost they pretend they came free. At a drop rate of around 0.1%, it's remarkable that so many ESO players are that lucky :tongue:

Well, on average 1 out of 500 crates holds a radiant apex mount, and given all the free crates we got in the past there should be quite a few mounts obtained without paying a dime.

To answer the original question: if you really feel like this you want to try and get a radiant mount I'd choose a definite amount of crates to buy, buy them and then open them all in one go: this way you don't risk spending a fortune in small steps
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you