The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xynode Builds

jazsper77
jazsper77
✭✭✭✭✭
Good evening everyone! So I was just browsing around and stumbled across Xynodegaming builds.
I was actually surprised at some of his builds which really differ from your normal min/max
Has anyone on here tried out any of his builds ?
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES!! And every single one of them of rock...but to be fair I haven't played every one...just saying his stuff is very thorough and well explained and he covers every level of play!! Give em a go, you wont be sorry!!
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best at killing the meta. I recommend
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES , I do .

Especially the VMA DW series , INFUSED DK .

I like his PVE non-meta set combinations , maybe I could steal some idea from his theory :D
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xynode builds are great.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had immense success with Xynode’s builds - specifically the Easy Sorc, Murder of Fire, and Almost Immortal warrior.

Specifically Easy sorc. My main is a magsorc. For quite a while I ran him as a meta build from another well known buildmeister and it worked. But when I stumbled across Xynode’s Easy Sorc, it completely changed the game for me. Never looking back.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, the one build that made me go wow was his Stinger DW stamblade Build.
    Everyone wants Relequin and AY , he goes Relequin and Unfathomable darkness. Like wow and explains it well.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xynode is a DPS badass, does a crazy amount of set combo testing, and often has builds that require little if any trials gear.

Explanations are offered for almost every aspect, and the results are worthwhile, especially if you want something different.

It's well worth checking out.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I really appreciate about his builds is their accessibility.

And yeah, he goes into detail in the build vids not just telling you “use this, use that,” but explains why.
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I’ve watched him for a while and like his builds and the way he describes how they all work. Good channel
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna use one of my extra toons and try out his stinger build
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently beat vMA with his sting nb...it's the real deal.

I love Xynode's builds because they differ (for the most part.) from everything else out there, while still getting very, very close results to "the meta".

For example, this build named "Murder of Fire" stam DK....
    https://youtu.be/Nmh48oMrvFc

A very fun, original build that just happens to be very effective damage-wise. 42k for a non-meta build is nothing to sneeze at.

Definitely worth subscribing to his channel.

Edited by Kel on January 23, 2019 7:30PM
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically I'm not too big a fan of how people tell players that it's okay to play non-meta builds, but the way Xynode explains it makes it really easy for new players to understand. His builds are great for players who are just getting into PvE content or who are struggling with PvE content. I wouldn't go as far as to say that his builds perform "very" close to meta builds, some do, but his builds will all get you through any content you need. They are a good foundation to begin understanding rotations.
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing with Xynode however is that he isn’t anti-meta - he just couldn’t care less about it. He doesn’t regurgitate YouTube “facts” - he does his own very extensive testing. And he makes his builds very accessible.

Twelve out of ten doctors like Xynode.
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like Xynode Gaming's builds! What I really like about it, is that his builds have diversity, and they tend to make people think outside of the box. If I was to rate Xynode on a scale of 1-10. . . I would give him a. . . 97!!! :-)

P.S. He showed me how to do that!
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG everyone how have i only just seen this?
    I was just shown this link by a friend. Completely humbled, thank you all so much!
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xynode appreciation thread?

About time :smile:
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    xynode wrote: »
    OMG everyone how have i only just seen this?
    I was just shown this link by a friend. Completely humbled, thank you all so much!

Really appreciate your content
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xynode
    not only the builds are great the all about mechanics series is fantastic. he's the only one out there i know explaing everything in detail. Try his builds, i can recommend them, easy to get gear, good explanations why he uses this and that and they "work". Had a magsorc for ages but didnt used him, switched to the easy sorc build and its lots of fun playing.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been a big fan of Xynode for some time.

His "All About Mechanics" series on dungeons has been immensely helpful; I've shared them with dozens of guildies, many of whom report they were able to complete difficult dungeon content as a direct result of Xynode's guides.

I'm running his stamblade build now; I'm new to Nightblade, and that build and rotation instruction has taken me from lackluster performance to qualifying for a vet Trials guild.

I'm not a big fan of videos or copypasta builds. The difference with Xynode, as others have said, is his builds are accessible, the instruction is clear, and the guides are effective.

He's the unsung hero of git gud ;)
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xynode would be much more popular if he had the marketing assets that some of the others have (no name-shaming here!), and also if he had a newer, professionally-built website. He currently has the passion and knowledge, just missing the delivery.

And I suppose I'm faulty to believe he wants to be as successful as the others, which may not be the case. Either way, I do appreciate his material even if his site could use some love.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xynode

My of my guildies use your site and love it. I decided to give it a look to see if there were any fun ideas, and I noticed there was no MagBlade.

Do you happen to have any plans to do a write up for one? And as well, more builds in general?
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very well thought out builds, yes! I love getting my "PUG LYFE PS4 EU" @xynode twitch notifications! I actually ran into you a few weeks ago in Eldenroot during one of your streams near the undaunted enclave... I was famous for .2 seconds :D
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Very well thought out builds, yes! I love getting my "PUG LYFE PS4 EU" @xynode twitch notifications! I actually ran into you a few weeks ago in Eldenroot during one of your streams near the undaunted enclave... I was famous for .2 seconds :D

Good point, love his streams, the only reason why i created a twitch account. If you want to see his builds in action this is a good place. you might even end up in a group with him - had a very pleasant trial run two weeks ago :wink:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    His builds are great, and he does a really good job of explaining WHY in his videos too without being boring!
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a huge fan of his ideas around healing, he tells people not to use lightning staves or Infallible Aether, even though healers have shown both things are good. Most healers will have succes running IA even in normal trials. As for his dps builds, they're alright. Often they take a lot less effort to perfect and delivers enough damage to clear the sort of content they are made for. I would'nt really take him as a source for something even remotely meta or best in slot, but that does not seem to be what he is going for.. I consider it a positive that you can do builds like Xynode is and still have succes relative to the content you're doing, I would say most people would find more succes with his builds if they just want to have fun and do their daily pledges, than to straight up copy an Alcast trial build. I would'nt ever run one of his builds, but then again I would'nt run anything that is'nt best in slot.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see, huge confusion among meta sheeps. His builds are awesome btw.
  • vrodnenok
    vrodnenok
    i like Xynodes builds. very interesting. he somehow created a build i finally was able to reach 34k dps without vMA bow. And i dont have BIS gear just a cheap alternative. (Yogi stamden with Gryphon set).

@xynode great job! thanks!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heelie wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of his ideas around healing, he tells people not to use lightning staves or Infallible Aether, even though healers have shown both things are good. Most healers will have succes running IA even in normal trials. As for his dps builds, they're alright. Often they take a lot less effort to perfect and delivers enough damage to clear the sort of content they are made for. I would'nt really take him as a source for something even remotely meta or best in slot, but that does not seem to be what he is going for.. I consider it a positive that you can do builds like Xynode is and still have succes relative to the content you're doing, I would say most people would find more succes with his builds if they just want to have fun and do their daily pledges, than to straight up copy an Alcast trial build. I would'nt ever run one of his builds, but then again I would'nt run anything that is'nt best in slot.

What a patronizing response.
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xynode is a breath of fresh air in an atmosphere of authority inherent in the notion of "META" and the people that follows it like a religion. I literally knew how to build because of Xynode's and Sherman's videos. Ever since I played MMOs, I observe that people who chase "best in slot" and chase it as if following a mandate from the heavens (and not knowing why), are those who want to simplify everything, i.e. less use of the cognitive faculties.

Thanks dude. It's not everyday that the real theory crafters get credit for their contribution to the community; and as always, eff the meta.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Heelie wrote: »

What a patronizing response.

Some people are frightened by the notion that there isn't a single 'best in slot' build in ESO as there are in other games. Suggesting that other builds provide within 1% of the performance of the build they believe is best is a direct threat to the time they invested in collecting the items they believe to be best.

This discussion has been closed.