The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

About those missing skill points?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Any luck on seeing them this year? The chapter tutorial skill points that old players are unable to acquire each year.
Edited by Tasear on January 21, 2019 2:59AM
  • ryh
    ryh
    ✭✭✭
    No.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I saw one in Daggerfall, but I'm pretty sure I also saw M'aiq run off with it.
    Edited by Amphithoe on January 20, 2019 10:15PM
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice for our original characters to get that SP.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    might be great to explain what missing skillpoints because people might not know you are talking about the chapter tutorial skillpoints
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    might be great to explain what missing skillpoints because people might not know you are talking about the chapter tutorial skillpoints

Thanks fixed
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got to start early if we want hope to see them this year.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Thanks fixed

I thought this was about the players from back at launch who were finishing the dungeon quests before the skill points were properly attached to all of them.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Thanks fixed

I thought this was about the players from back at launch who were finishing the dungeon quests before the skill points were properly attached to all of them.

Sounds like another issue to be raised...
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be awesome if tutorial quest was available for old characters like invitations to Coldharbour available for freshly created.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree let our older characters be able to get the new skill points.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been 2 years now, and they are still refusing to fix it.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice @ZOS_RichLambert
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish, my main is AR50, has every skill point in-game, is running out of skill-points, and still can't get these...so lame ):
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need 3 extra tutorial skill points.

With each new chapter that's added, you're still only one point behind, because new characters only get to do one tutorial. And one skill point is hardly worth arguing over.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »

With each new chapter that's added, you're still only one point behind, because new characters only get to do one tutorial. And one skill point is hardly worth arguing over.

I don't care about your opinion of whether it's worth arguing over or not. It's a bug and needs to be fixed, no further argument required, and if you disagree, you're supporting keeping the game buggy.

Also, because one point may not make a difference to your flat and boring single purpose builds, doesn't mean it won't make a difference for people building for 2-3 roles on their crafters.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why can't I have them? Give me a valid reason.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    The skill points you're missing from the Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr tutorials are the same one skill point. Nobody's getting 3 more than you because they only get to do one tutorial.

There's 415 skill points left to find and only 517 skills. That's more than enough for max crafting, vampirism, psijic abilities, and multiple roles with every relevant passive and dozens left over. Elsweyr will probably add another 8 or so.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill points you're missing from the Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr tutorials are the same one skill point. Nobody's getting 3 more than you because they only get to do one tutorial.

There's 415 skill points left to find and only 517 skills. That's more than enough for max crafting, vampirism, psijic abilities, and multiple roles with every relevant passive and dozens left over. Elsweyr will probably add another 8 or so.

Still isn't fair for us to be outcasts from being longer term players.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Legerdemain, thieves guild, dark brotherhood... I have 16 left over for the 2 builds I use + crafting on my templar, if I maxed out the aforementioned skill lines, I'd be at 0, and I only have the ranged taunt from the undaunted skill line too, even though the spider synergy and altar would be very useful on a tank in some cases. And I'm also missing a couple class skills, and I skipped some crafting passives too, like keen eye and the research speed ones. And I'm not even bothering with healing, because being a tank and DD is already stretching the skill points thin. And that despite me playing mag, meaning I only need 2 weapon skill lines to be DD and tank, not 3 as would be the case with stam chars.

My stamblade that is tank, DD and I at some point tried to make a PvP build for (so 1hs, destro, dw, 2h weapon skill lines) is sitting at 4 free skill points, and that despite only having the bare minimum in crafting to get maxed hirelings. Oh, and the aforementioned 3 skill lines aren't maxed either, nor do I have all class skills.

On both chars I have literally every single skill point that I can get without actively engaging in PvP (so that includes cyro skyshards, as well as the IC quest line), and even 6-7 skill points from alliance war ranks (gotta have dem caltrops).

If you think the skill points are enough, you've literally never made a well-rounded character. I can always find use for extra skill points, be it 1 or 3 or 50.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it gets easier after 9 traits, since that's 16 points you can refund.

My vampire magplar main/crafter has 19 unspent (and probably a dozen more I could free up from abilities I don't use), with 7 points spent in Dark Brotherhood, 6 in Thieves Guild, 17 in Psijic Order, 17 in Legerdemain, 4 in Undaunted passives (though not the abilities). I'm still missing 34 skill points from pvp rank, and 16 from group dungeons.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am only missing the last 30 skill points from PVP, but I could always use one more. Like Zeroxff stated a well-rounded character can use always use some more.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this issue? 3 years and counting...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s becoming more of a non-issue now, @ZeroXFF ... after Greymoor there should be 450+ skill points available in the game.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s becoming more of a non-issue now, ZeroXFF ... after Greymoor there should be 450+ skill points available in the game.

Pretty sure this is something they are never planning to address.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    It’s becoming more of a non-issue now, ZeroXFF ... after Greymoor there should be 450+ skill points available in the game.

Pretty sure this is something they are never planning to address.

The story of this game in regards to pretty much every bug.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somewhat of a moot point but it would still be nice to have it especially with the needed 30 skill points for the 2 new skill lines. Also I guess we are not getting a new character we can start fresh with this chapter.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 sp will not make any differance