The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

More than 40 minutes waiting for random dungeon finder

• ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never let the queue go past five minutes, it is not a first come first serve service, it is whoever queues at that time. I do this every time and have never done requeue twice as a dps, so under 10 minutes every time.

Drop queue, join again, ibdi this as healer when it goes above 1min. Never failed me. Secodn time it's almost instant. The queue is broken. Drop and join, and see how much faster it goes. 5-10min for DPS seems normal, more than that, drop and go again. Combined time won't ever be as large as these hour long claims.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We've had to remove a few comments for baiting or otherwise nonconstructive or off-topic content.

Please remember to keep conversations constructive and civil and take a moment to review our Community Rules here, thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Ruckly wrote: »
    There are to many fake dps. Players under CP 160 who queue dps for a veteran dungeon and are no wheres near the dps check even if you tank the dungeon in cloth to squeeze as much dps as possible out of your own toon and if you let them know they call you an elitist :| . Or players that only communicate in sarcasm. It seems sometimes if I am in a veteran dungeon it is expected I tank and dps and heal and tour guide the dungeon and do it perfectly otherwise I am an elitist :| . If you wonder why there is a lack of tanks it might be because dragging fake sarcastic dps through a dungeon is not an enjoyable experience if you know a dps check isn't going to be met at some point and the problem doesn't have a solution no matter how elitist you are.

Those are not fake DPS. A fake tank is a tank that can't/won't aggro boss. A fake healer is a healer that only self heals or doesn't heal at all. A fake DPS would be a person with no damage skills slotted.

What you are encountering is either low level DPS or players that failed to learn proper rotation and tactics doing normal dungeons because they end up just running behind higher level players hoping to get a light attack in while doing those normal dungeons.

The "I don't have time to wait on these low level characters I just want my daily reward" types of players who carry new players/characters through normal level dungeons are the reason you are now having to carry them through vet levels.

Your definition is plain unfair. All taunt in game do dmg. So you expect tank to do dmg and take hits. And you expect dd to just do some dmg? So a tank to u is a dd with 1 extra requirements?

At the base level the tank takes all the big shots and lives. The healer keeps everyone alive and the DPS hits things until they die. As they get better the tank begins to gather in trash for quicker killing and provides buffs and debuffs. The healer while keeping everyone alive provides some AoE damage and provides buffs and debuffs. If the DPS are doing their job efficiently the damage provided by the tank and healer is mostly insignificant. More important is the buffs that allow for the DPS to kill things quicker. DPS can help by positioning themselves to make life easier for the healer and the tank and pay attention to mechanics.

I think my definition fits okay. I claimed a fake DPS would have no damage skills slotted. They could still do some DPS with just light attacks but to me that is along the lines of what a tank or healer provides just doing their thing. For the most part though yeah I expect the DPS to just do damage and maybe a self buff. The healer and tank are there to make it as easy as possible for the DPS to do as much damage as possible.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The group finder is absolutely crap and bugged, ZOS simply lack the ability to fix bugs or they don't care.
    There are a LOT of player that do not know what they are doing on this game, which is ok, I get it, some young or old or not gamers or blah blah but some just don't listen and that grinds my gears.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    40mins....those are rookie numbers!!!!

Went was running around in game, just doing quests etc....notification saying you can enter your dungeon now....completly forgot about it.....i was in the que for 1:30 hours!!!!!

giphy.gif
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    There are to many fake dps. Players under CP 160 who queue dps for a veteran dungeon and are no wheres near the dps check even if you tank the dungeon in cloth to squeeze as much dps as possible out of your own toon and if you let them know they call you an elitist :| . Or players that only communicate in sarcasm. It seems sometimes if I am in a veteran dungeon it is expected I tank and dps and heal and tour guide the dungeon and do it perfectly otherwise I am an elitist :| . If you wonder why there is a lack of tanks it might be because dragging fake sarcastic dps through a dungeon is not an enjoyable experience if you know a dps check isn't going to be met at some point and the problem doesn't have a solution no matter how elitist you are.

Those are not fake DPS. A fake tank is a tank that can't/won't aggro boss. A fake healer is a healer that only self heals or doesn't heal at all. A fake DPS would be a person with no damage skills slotted.

What you are encountering is either low level DPS or players that failed to learn proper rotation and tactics doing normal dungeons because they end up just running behind higher level players hoping to get a light attack in while doing those normal dungeons.

The "I don't have time to wait on these low level characters I just want my daily reward" types of players who carry new players/characters through normal level dungeons are the reason you are now having to carry them through vet levels.

Your definition is plain unfair. All taunt in game do dmg. So you expect tank to do dmg and take hits. And you expect dd to just do some dmg? So a tank to u is a dd with 1 extra requirements?

It is unfair. What were you expecting when you signed up to be a support role? Are you telling me that if you could also do dps while tanking you wouldn't?

I wouldn’t. I rather get into arguments for fun.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At the base level the tank takes all the big shots and lives. The healer keeps everyone alive and the DPS hits things until they die. As they get better the tank begins to gather in trash for quicker killing and provides buffs and debuffs. The healer while keeping everyone alive provides some AoE damage and provides buffs and debuffs. If the DPS are doing their job efficiently the damage provided by the tank and healer is mostly insignificant. More important is the buffs that allow for the DPS to kill things quicker. DPS can help by positioning themselves to make life easier for the healer and the tank and pay attention to mechanics.

I think my definition fits okay. I claimed a fake DPS would have no damage skills slotted. They could still do some DPS with just light attacks but to me that is along the lines of what a tank or healer provides just doing their thing. For the most part though yeah I expect the DPS to just do damage and maybe a self buff. The healer and tank are there to make it as easy as possible for the DPS to do as much damage as possible.

None of this explains how it’s not the case ‘tank to u is a dd plus 1 extra req.’ All you said is ‘do their things’ which ur definition of a tank’s job is exactly ‘taunt (and inherently do dmg)’, which is just a dd that also have to take hits.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »

It is unfair. What were you expecting when you signed up to be a support role? Are you telling me that if you could also do dps while tanking you wouldn't?

I wouldn’t. I rather get into arguments for fun.

Well then, I don't know what else to tell you. There's a reason everyone is a DPS by default.
  • Welkynar
    Welkynar
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran dungeon has faster queue times as DPS is 5-20 minutes depending on the time. If it's near the "random dungeon reward" reset it can be a little over 5 minutes in my experience. When I wasn't ready for veteran dungeons, I did normal dungeons and queued as a healer and the queue times were around 1 minute. Most normal dungeons do not need a strong healer as long as basic healing skills are used but if the group is higher leveled they shouldn't rely on it. My tank queues for less than a minute and playing a tank can be fun if you know where to pull the bosses.
    Edited by Welkynar on January 22, 2019 1:48AM
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would highly suggest making friends. Quing with at least 1 other person will make the wait shorter. Make a tank friend for super fast quing
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet with all the focus on racial passive changes nothing is being done to reduce the gap between DKs and Templars and other race/class combos as tanks and healers. All the balance changes and discussion seems to focus around dps where the biggest hole in the game seems to be how to encourage more people playing alternative class/race combos to tank or heal.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't queue as single DPS ever.

Group with another DPS because I'm pretty sure group finder is lazy and will avoid grouping 4 single players together when it can fill half groups with singles.

Single DPS queue time = 40 minutes.
    2 Grouped DPS queue time = 10-30 seconds.

It's stupid.
    Edited by Red_Feather on January 22, 2019 5:22AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know about others, but once I do my dungeon runs on my tanks/healers I don't do them again. There is no incentive to, and I can care less about queue. I also don't do certain pledges in randoms because people always make it annoying, and again, there's no incentive for me to deal with an annoying run.

Compound no incentive with the RNG chests system and I'm basically putting up with something I might not enjoy just to get more Kena shoulders. Yeah, now that I think about it, I shouldn't be running any dungeons! Thanks.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately this is the truth. This is the reason I stopped queuing for anything pretty much with anything other than my DD. And since that queue never pops, I usually give up queuing at all.

Last time I tried to get pledges done it was on my baby healer. She needs the undaunted but doesn't exactly have BiS gear yet or is able to solo dungeons. In fact she is running with one full IA set and a mix of heavy / medium trash drop items because I'm leveling the armor skill lines. She's got full CP.

Queue for normal EH2. I was doing about 40% of the group DPS on blockade, spear shards, and heavy attacks. Everyone (literally) stood on the red. Always. Bad AoE spawned under them? Meh we'll stay here, it's just cool colors on screen. After a while I had go tell them to not stand in red, it was bad. You think anyone heard? Nope. The worst part is I actually stopped throwing heals around. Maybe having them die on the red will open their eyes. Nope. Stuff doesn't hurt bad enough on normal so they kept standing on stupid while I was doing 40% group DPS spamming spears.

Moving on to normal Mazz. Ok this is a DLC dung, people who queue for this are probably smarter than that other group, aye?

One of them greeted the group. That's generally a sign they're willing to communicate. Which is good. We start moving. Getting to the stairs it becomes obvious none of them knows what's going on. Tank gets lost/stuck in some crates and stuff and ends up pulling all the mobs while we were skipping ahead towards the first boss. We got to go back to pick them up. First boss goes down. Nothing to it. As we keep moving it's obvious none of them have ever done this as they attack every mob, walk into every dead end. And that's fine with me even though I am STILL doing 40% of group DPS.

Poison corridor. Group starts killing mudcrabs, tank picks the poison and stands there light attacking stuff, not knowing what's going on. I tell them to move forward and go cleanse the poison farther up. Tank starts moving. Success! Then they decide they got tired of climbing and walked back, dumping the poison right on top of me. Serious WTH moment. Everyone rushes off leaving me alone in the corridor, being eaten by mudcrabs while silenced and snared to oblivion. Managed to cleanse the stuff just in time.

Chudan is next. Everyone hesitates, waiting for the max CP healer to make the first move. I don't. Tank finally admits he's never killed the turtle. I explain mechs. When she spits, you *can but you dont have to* use your DK wings to reflect the damage, it helps a lot. When she starts to charge towards you, you must make her charge towards the lightning mage guy to kill it otherwise it'll kill us.

First try. Turtle charges at me, I hit the mage. Then it charges at someone else and they decide to kite all over the place. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. I don't have enough sustain to keep Breath of Lifing the whole scattered group while the mage fries us all. We wipe. We wipe a second time. We wipe a third. Cocky DD states relax, this is easy, ordering us to focus despite their own inability to aim the boss anywhere useful.

I explain again. Guys. Do you see the boss? Have you seen the lightning mage with the shield? If you have the red circle under you and the boss is gonna charge you, turn the boss so she hits the mage.

Miss. Miss. Tank finally gets the mage down once. We got the boss down at last. Cocky DD was dismissing how easy it was. Silent DD was silent. Tank was celebrating.

Moving on. Xal Nur. I figured the cocky DD knew the mech because he stated he did. He said he'd take the poison, I released the wamasu. Boss died with no wipes. Success.

Then the last boss comes. I explained to stay together because of the totems. Told them to use the synergy when someone gets the dream, by pointing at the glowing statue to reveal it. They wait for me to pull. I don't. So silent DD just stands there. Cocky DD pulls. We fight. Cocky DD gets the dream. I reveal the statue for him. He goes and kills it. This tells me they know mechanics, yes? Cool. Until I get the dream. "Reveal." Reveal. Reveal. Reveal. Nothing. Are they deaf? Can't they point and use a synergy? By the time the dream phase is gone they're half dead. Everyone is all over. Totem sucks us dry. We wipe.

I tell them to make sure they reveal the statue because otherwise the person affected gets no skills on their bar. I'm barked back at by the tank. "Dude this is my first time here, stop being a @#$@% $". I say nothing else. We pull. Silent DD gets the dream, I reveal. They valiantly go and keep throwing magic hand-balls at the boss because they have no idea what's going on. Totem pops, not enough DPS to kill it while I'm burning through my sparse resources to keep them alive through that AND the raining amber. We wipe. I say nothing.

By then it's become obvious that we are unable to help whoever gets the dream, and just have to muscle through it with 3 members and hope it goes away fast. Despite that we start getting to execute phase. Guess who gets the dream every single time execute comes? Me. No one reveals the statue. I keep asking for a reveal. Nothing. I tell them if they (the group, not anyone in particular) can't reveal the statue for me I cannot keep them alive in execute through rain, totem, and roots, because I cannot use any skills at all while it doesn't go away.

Tank keeps yelling at me. To stop being a pr!ck, that this was their first time there. That they've been playing ESO for two months. That I need to cool down and chill and stop being a $#&@$ about it.

I say nothing. He rage quits. Okay. Who cares. Maybe we can get another tank at 3AM. After a couple minutes and seeing as the tank was not doing much other than spamming taunt and complain, we just pull. Fight goes well. Execute phase. AGAIN I get the dream and no one reveals. We wipe. I ask the cocky DD, since he clearly knows mechs, why is he not revealing the statue for me. He says he's done it every single time. Yeah..... no he hasn't.

Silent DD leaves. Ok I guess this isn't happening. But then the finder gives us a full CP DD. Cool! Maybe we can do it with 3. We greet the newcomer. He shows up, we kill the boss first attempt. When the NPCs are doing their tree dance thing, cocky DD again says it was easy and people just need to follow mechs. Yeah, if the shoe fits.....

And then the finder gives us a tank, after the dungeon was done. Oh crap. I felt bad for them. Asked if they were doing a random, they said yes. So we queued again for a quick random even though I should have logged off a while ago. Something really easy popped up, don't even remember what it was. We blew through it and disbanded.

Now..... I'm hating myself for trying to help people. I get insulted and yelled at for explaining mechs and having to pretty much carry the group on my poorly built/poorly geared healer.

Pretty sure there was an @$#&@* pr!ck in there and it wasn't me. I have not touched the finder since. And I can't be bothered helping less experienced players through stuff right now since I'm gonna get yelled at for trying.If I ever queue again I am vowing I am never posting anything in the chat again. Seems half the game population is totally silent and they get by with it, certainly not being insulted for speaking up.

/rant

People need to understand that when they're being told what to do, it's to help the group and not just to be an elitist jackass. Back to the topic at hand. THIS is why tanks don't queue. THIS is why Healers don't queue. We cannot fully carry a group and when we try to guide them, they act like this. Screw them, is all I can think about saying right now.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weper wrote: »
    I waited more than 40 minutes for the random dungeon finder and i got still no invite... (Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/B8x1dw6.jpg)
    Is ESO dying or what?

Did you really expect anything else.

Got good news for you.... 40 mins is fast. It will be 60 mins and more after the new DLC comes life.
    How do I know? Played Final Fantasy online. There waiting time for DPS was about an hour. I guess it will be the same for ESO.

Good luck to us all
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time i tried pve it was well over an hour twice and still didn’t find one, decided it was a sign that I’m meant to stay in pvp
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because more DPS. If we were able to switch "specs" like in WoW, it would be a lot less.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lie and say you are a tank... 3 DPS is faster anyways...
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shawn_PT
    Snap, man, that sounds incredibly challenging. I'm pretty new and don't know a lot of mechanics but I'm always willing to learn. In quite a few dungeons some kind people have showed me how the bosses worked and i really appreciated it! So it's not great that other folks have been that rude to you.
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble