The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

More than 40 minutes waiting for random dungeon finder

Weper
Weper
✭✭✭
I waited more than 40 minutes for the random dungeon finder and i got still no invite... (Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/B8x1dw6.jpg)
Is ESO dying or what?
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weper wrote: »
    I waited more than 40 minutes for the random dungeon finder and i got still no invite... (Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/B8x1dw6.jpg)
    Is ESO dying or what?

No. Solo DDs always have this issue for months. If you group with another player, even DD, you will find group in matter of seconds.

And is the reason both my pure DDs, are equipped with shields and skills related to "easy tanking" in normal dungeons.
    My proper tanks and healer never have issue to get in grp in matter of seconds the moment I click the button.

Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on January 19, 2019 7:39PM
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same on Friday 8pm GMT. I thought I try ESO again to see whether I can have some fun again. As I always enjoyed dungeons I cued for a random one as DD, but gave up after 30 minutes. Probably try again tomorrow and see if more players are on on a Sunday.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I am playing on Xbox EU and as a healer I wait usually less than 1 minute.

I'd say this game is far from being dead and Xbox EU is considered the platform/server with the lowest population. I see plenty of people everywhere, around the clock.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Weper
    Weper
    ✭✭✭
    Is ESO dying or what?

No. Solo DDs always have this issue for months. If you group with another player, even DD, you will find group in matter of seconds.

And is the reason both my pure DDs, are equipped with shields and skills related to "easy tanking" in normal dungeons.
    My proper tanks and healer never have issue to get in grp in matter of seconds the moment I click the button.

Well, it looks like the Dungeon Finder is crap. It's not really good if ZOS wants to get new players. Most new players are queueing solo and what are they seeing? Almost 1 hour wait time and they think ESO is dying and they look for another MMO...
    Edited by Weper on January 19, 2019 8:12PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in every mmo ever wher there is trinity... you are going to wait for a considerable time as dps. even in WoW which is STILL probably the biggest MMO on a market population wise and has 3 dps spots per group instead of 2 - I tend to way 20-30 minutes for a random to pop as dps.

game is not dying. that's just dps queues being dps queues.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's rough. Longest dps queue I've ever had was 50 minutes but I'm not going to lie and say I'm a tank or healer, even in the simpler dungeons - I'd feel bad about letting down the team.

So I quest while I wait, and eventually the little notice pops up that it's ready.

I'm working on making a healer character now, though, so hopefully I'll be able to finally see the difference between dps queue and tank/healer ones.
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had longer, over 2 hours is my record so far I waited so long I forgot I was still queued. I really wish they hadn't stuck to the 3 spec rule like most MMOs do, we have freedom to make our class but in the end we'll always be a DPS, tank or Healer.
    I can join a battleground as DPS in <5minutes 95% of the time, though to join a random dungeon or do my daily undaunted it takes 30minutes-1hour on average.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are to many fake dps. Players under CP 160 who queue dps for a veteran dungeon and are no wheres near the dps check even if you tank the dungeon in cloth to squeeze as much dps as possible out of your own toon and if you let them know they call you an elitist :| . Or players that only communicate in sarcasm. It seems sometimes if I am in a veteran dungeon it is expected I tank and dps and heal and tour guide the dungeon and do it perfectly otherwise I am an elitist :| . If you wonder why there is a lack of tanks it might be because dragging fake sarcastic dps through a dungeon is not an enjoyable experience if you know a dps check isn't going to be met at some point and the problem doesn't have a solution no matter how elitist you are.
  • H3IIi0N
    H3IIi0N
    ✭✭
    Not as many players. About it.
    Denubis Djinn Dunmer DK - XB1 NA EP
    Derpy Derpwnz Khajit NB - XB1 NA AD
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,000 Damage Dealers, 60 Healers, and 40 Tanks walk into a Dungeon Finder...

40 of each get in instantly, everyone else is left waiting. who waits the longest? I'll give you a hint, they're popular.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks and healers are srsly underprivileged in this stupid system. Leave penalty was just stupid. The correct way is to cycle the dps que faster. Tank should leave bad dd whenever they want with no penalty.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭

40 of each get in instantly, everyone else is left waiting. who waits the longest? I'll give you a hint, they're popular.

I don't know why the complainers don't understand this very simple math.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is something wrong with the dungeon finder. Yesterday my tank had to wait 5 min to get a group. Normal it is less then 10 seconds.
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »

I don't know why the complainers don't understand this very simple math.

Apologies for complaining. Maybe 920 DDs should leave the game and let the remaining players enjoy the content.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is in all mmos

DPS needs to wait for eternity....

Tanks/healers are instant or few minutes
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanks and healers are srsly underprivileged in this stupid system. Leave penalty was just stupid. The correct way is to cycle the dps que faster. Tank should leave bad dd whenever they want with no penalty.

There's no possible way that could be abused. Ever.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruckly wrote: »
    There are to many fake dps. Players under CP 160 who queue dps for a veteran dungeon and are no wheres near the dps check even if you tank the dungeon in cloth to squeeze as much dps as possible out of your own toon and if you let them know they call you an elitist :| . Or players that only communicate in sarcasm. It seems sometimes if I am in a veteran dungeon it is expected I tank and dps and heal and tour guide the dungeon and do it perfectly otherwise I am an elitist :| . If you wonder why there is a lack of tanks it might be because dragging fake sarcastic dps through a dungeon is not an enjoyable experience if you know a dps check isn't going to be met at some point and the problem doesn't have a solution no matter how elitist you are.

Those are not fake DPS. A fake tank is a tank that can't/won't aggro boss. A fake healer is a healer that only self heals or doesn't heal at all. A fake DPS would be a person with no damage skills slotted.

What you are encountering is either low level DPS or players that failed to learn proper rotation and tactics doing normal dungeons because they end up just running behind higher level players hoping to get a light attack in while doing those normal dungeons.

The "I don't have time to wait on these low level characters I just want my daily reward" types of players who carry new players/characters through normal level dungeons are the reason you are now having to carry them through vet levels.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is far from 'dying'. You're solo que'ing as a DPS. There is always going to be a pretty hefty wait with that. Join a guild and group with people, socialize a bit. It's an MMORPG. Run with like-minded folk and skip waiting altogether as the role you want to play as. Not only are you going to wait a long time as a solo que dps, but you're not guaranteed a worthwhile team either. Sidebar: I tried FF14 once right after a major expansion hit, just out of curiosity. I que'd as a DPS and waited over an hour for a dungeon run.
    Edited by SirAxen on January 19, 2019 11:04PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New to the game, eh? it's always like that, sometimes you may jump in 20 minutes, sometimes it make take a hour.. you may just do other things questing, completing surveys, gathering skyshards etc
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is ESO dying or what?

Well, it looks like the Dungeon Finder is crap. It's not really good if ZOS wants to get new players. Most new players are queueing solo and what are they seeing? Almost 1 hour wait time and they think ESO is dying and they look for another MMO...

Players could remedy the problem by learning to play other roles more and stop queuing as DPS all the time. Like one of the above posters. All my characters either heal or tank until they hit level cap so i dont have to wait 30 min plus to grind a dungeon.

Also.... FYI the queue is broken. If i dont get a dungeon in 5 minutes as tank or heals or 15 minutes as DPS, i requeue
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Those are not fake DPS. A fake tank is a tank that can't/won't aggro boss. A fake healer is a healer that only self heals or doesn't heal at all. A fake DPS would be a person with no damage skills slotted.

What you are encountering is either low level DPS or players that failed to learn proper rotation and tactics doing normal dungeons because they end up just running behind higher level players hoping to get a light attack in while doing those normal dungeons.

The "I don't have time to wait on these low level characters I just want my daily reward" types of players who carry new players/characters through normal level dungeons are the reason you are now having to carry them through vet levels.

Your definition is plain unfair. All taunt in game do dmg. So you expect tank to do dmg and take hits. And you expect dd to just do some dmg? So a tank to u is a dd with 1 extra requirements?
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

There's no possible way that could be abused. Ever.

You talking about fake and fake healer? I don’t really care, I mostly play a tank and don’t really need healer for most dungeons. Fake dd is a way bigger problem to me.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once upon a time DPs queues took days. Now peeps complain that's its an hour.
    PC-NA
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *holds mouth from saying it....but I'm going to say "it" anyway*

Play with friends B)

Don't have friends/friends available?

1. Make a healer. Heal hard and heal harder when you think can't heal enough. You'll get an invite into a super elite guild and the GM will say " This is our guy" and everyone will nod. Next thing you know, you'll earn rockstar status by healing peasants.

2. Travel to one of the 3 starter areas and pick up resources hard! And when you think you can't chop, smash or harvest resources no more; chop, smash, and harvest resources harder than a Chinese bot gold farming train. Then you'll get invited into a super elite trading guild and the GM will say " This is our guy" and everyone will nod. Next thing you know, you'll earn rockstar status by being top seller in the guild message of the day.

Either path you take will get your name out there and you will have tons of status, friends, and ESO GFs/BFS and BFFS
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Humans got smart and learned to group with another damage dealer to queue way faster. Now it makes it that much harder for single damage dealer to queue.

Edited by Red_Feather on January 20, 2019 6:36AM
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Your definition is plain unfair. All taunt in game do dmg. So you expect tank to do dmg and take hits. And you expect dd to just do some dmg? So a tank to u is a dd with 1 extra requirements?

It is unfair. What were you expecting when you signed up to be a support role? Are you telling me that if you could also do dps while tanking you wouldn't?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok if sorc nerf is responsible.. but sorcs that were nerfed are mainly dps... wouldn't it make wait times shorter not longer? you know since there are fewer dps queueing it due to all those disgruntled sorcs leaving? (not a serious question, its just it was such an odd claim to make)
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's rough. Longest dps queue I've ever had was 50 minutes but I'm not going to lie and say I'm a tank or healer, even in the simpler dungeons - I'd feel bad about letting down the team.

So I quest while I wait, and eventually the little notice pops up that it's ready.

I'm working on making a healer character now, though, so hopefully I'll be able to finally see the difference between dps queue and tank/healer ones.

Slot an aggro holding skill, and survive the damage. All a tank has to do on most normal dungeons anyway. Vet, not so much, and trials, never, but for you random normal for exp? Hold aggro + stay alive = excellent taking. Anyone can do it.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    ok if sorc nerf is responsible.. but sorcs that were nerfed are mainly dps... wouldn't it make wait times shorter not longer? you know since there are fewer dps queueing it due to all those disgruntled sorcs leaving? (not a serious question, its just it was such an odd claim to make)

What you used is called logic, what the "blame the sorc Nerf, the game is dying" guy used is called dumb-dumb.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never let the queue go past five minutes, it is not a first come first serve service, it is whoever queues at that time. I do this every time and have never done requeue twice as a dps, so under 10 minutes every time.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 20, 2019 7:51AM