The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dear Zos, about removiing cp and proc sets

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not removing CP. They're capping it.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats what we know so far, but they also said they dont like how the cp system works
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After freezing CP the cry is remove CP and proc sets.
    Then the next cry will be to remove enchants and poisons.
    Next will be remove all ranged weapons.
    OK time to remove all AoE.
    Oh no melee weapons have to go!

Finally we are balanced and can exchange trading cards!

I dont want them to remove CP at all, i Just want them to nerf or remove proc sets if they decide to remove CP completely.

If u have ever played a BG match you can clearly see why, unless u run heavy SnB..
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats what we know so far, but they also said they dont like how the cp system works

Well obviously if they removed it, then they would re-balance the game. You're making a thread complaining about something that hasn't happened.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are they removing CP now? Wut...

Source, please?
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we like not jump to conclussions and make threads about stuff thats actually confirmed?
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um. Really? Thats like asking for weapon buffs to be removed or while we are at it , lets remove ultimates and monster helms.

Youre actually talking about removing dynamics from the game.

No Thank you
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latios wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Content is balanced with CP in mind, and that’s why BGs is as messy as it is now.

I don’t think they should remove CP from the game. It’s important to have something to chase to make my character stronger and stronger, at least to me.

That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t review a few aspects of CP, though. Mainly how some builds are able to soak immense amounts of damage and to also return it accordingly.

There are no builds that can soak up massive amounts of damage and return anything meaningful. I’m sorry but what you’re describing is skill gap. You don’t understnad the game as well as some people and aren’t as skilled at it, that doesn’t mean certain aspects are OP.

I'm not talking about those tanks that can take on 20 people at the same time. I'm talking about some builds that can 1vX effectively without a huge need for 'skill', because of easy acess to strong heals, disengage tools and very high burst in heavy armor.

But yeah, assuming what I know or not is much easier.

Again, there is no single build in the game, right now, that will let you effectively 1vX without skill. Nothing is that broken at this point. I guarantee you could not impress me with any build, where I would go oh yeah that's crazy OP, no need for skill there to 1vX. If you're talking about heavy armor stamina NBs then sure, their insane toolkit, upfront burst and cloak makes it a bit easier to kill potatoes, but thats more of a class issue than a build issue. I agree Stamblades have way too many buffs going for them on demand. But even so, the person playing that class still needs to have some skill and understand of what they're doing to 1vX. You can give someone who doesn't understand PvP any class or build and they will still get their ass handed to them if they try to 1vX or even 1v1. I play a lot of solo PvP on a medium Stamplar, in CP campaigns, and I have come up against a lot of cheesy builds, including 30K health heavy armor stamblades, and I reiterate my point that if the person doesn't know what theyre doing they will die. Can some people crutch a bit? Sure. But I've ever seen any build that would let somebody effectively 1vX in this patch without any skill. If you're going to start rumors and making claims that these "builds" are possible because of CP then you need to back it up with real evidence. Otherwise you're just throwing logs on the QQ fire and starting rumors that lead to nerfs. Im sorry if you got 1vX'd and didn't like it but that doesn't mean that the build was OP.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cp needs a complete overhaul it is the most unbalanced thing in game it's why we have op proc sets. Cp needs to force you to specialize.
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol if they remove cp the small 10 % of the playerbase that complete the most recents vet trials and vet DLC dungeon will become more like 2%.. and some casuals have the guts to say that cp is killing build diversity in pve ?

No.. One shot mechanics that ZOS introduced to keep up with powercreeps and just how the game is made in general is killing the play how you want that all the casuals wants in this game.

It creates a meta for completing the hardest content in the most efficiant way possible..the fastest you kill things the less mechanics you will get.

It goes way beyond just cp they would have to basicly scale all the game down and make a lot of changes if they want to remove cp..Otherwise 80% of the playerbase would quit because the game would become way harder then it already is for Vet content.

As for pvp, the proc sets is what should be removed or tuned down heavily. The reason most prefer cp pvp is because 1vX in no-cp just becomes much harder than it is already and without a good group you won't survive much in no-cp. A lot of players like solo and small scale pvp in this game.

The only thing I hate about cp is that it makes the base game overland content and quests brainless easy.

Basicly there is a lot more that should be reworked in this game to make a lot more diversity in classes viable in end game pve..and the problem is not cp.. it's just the game in general.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    Tetrafy wrote: »
    Tetrafy wrote: »
    CP may end up being removed in like a year, but it will be replaced with some other horizontal progression system. CP isn’t going away overnight so just calm down, and see what happens.

Horizontal I would be surprised that would be an easy way to lose a ton of your playerbase.

And what do you think campion points are, then? The answer may surprise you.

The basis of CP is verticle its just like ilevel gear.

The basis of CP is to spread power horizontally. The only thing vertical about the system is gear.

The definition of it is verticle what they chise to do with it because of upset 1 percenters is the affect of that. Literally go look it up its verticle.
    Edited by Tetrafy on January 20, 2019 7:26AM
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Content is balanced with CP in mind, and that’s why BGs is as messy as it is now.

I don’t think they should remove CP from the game. It’s important to have something to chase to make my character stronger and stronger, at least to me.

That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t review a few aspects of CP, though. Mainly how some builds are able to soak immense amounts of damage and to also return it accordingly.

There are no builds that can soak up massive amounts of damage and return anything meaningful. I’m sorry but what you’re describing is skill gap. You don’t understnad the game as well as some people and aren’t as skilled at it, that doesn’t mean certain aspects are OP.

I'm not talking about those tanks that can take on 20 people at the same time. I'm talking about some builds that can 1vX effectively without a huge need for 'skill', because of easy acess to strong heals, disengage tools and very high burst in heavy armor.

But yeah, assuming what I know or not is much easier.

It's not as common as you think it is. Honestly 95 percent of those guys lose in a 1v1 and if they are dojng something where I cant win I dip because Im a better player why pointlessly die.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    All proc sets should be removed from the game. There’s no skill in free effortless damage, just makes PvP a complete joke.
    However since it’ll affect pve I have a better solution.
    Add a new thing to battle spirit:
    “All proc set damage and healing is reduced by 75% or 50%”
    Sounds fair enough to me since PvP is just becoming a bunch of trash noobs who rely on proc sets to do damage for them and secure kills without putting much effort into them.
    Pve it can remain the same so that the pve community doesn’t get hurt by this change. Their dps proc sets will still remain the same but will have a significant damage/healing reduction when entering PvP.

IF arena weapons would be more usefull (vMA lvl) then I would happilx dropp my monsterset in PVE...but they arent.
    Eleweapon outperforms Forcepulse or chrushing shock in DMG.
    And the only weapon that would be kinda good on the frontar for magica users would be perfecter VAS firestaff....but jeah the skill gets outperformed and even the staffs passives is weaker than a monsterset.

And thats the story for all arenaweapons except vma bow and vma staff ...so no dropping the monsterset anytimw soon.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    People die in pvp die more because of poor positioning, strategy and attempting to face tank everyone.

I'll have you know that my face tank is very good at face tanking everyone! Granted, that's all he really does except for Take Flight-ing around the place and Executioner-ing the odd straggler, but he does it well, dammit! And usually doesn't die!

But outside of builds specifically designed to do that, yeah. Pretty much.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @GreenhaloX please link where zos said they made the racial passive changes because of pvp
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main reason I dont play BG is because cancerous and boring builds are overly strong there. Proccsets primarily.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    @GreenhaloX please link where zos said they made the racial passive changes because of pvp

Dammit.. I thought your message would be more interesting and meaningful since you had hit me up directly. Ok, sure.. I'll get right on that just for you.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they dont remove cp

That could be a good reason for many people to leave

I hope they keep it going with diminished returns

Anyway key powercreep will cone from gear so it does not solve the problem

I also hope they keep proc set they bring diversity in a world with only 5 skills per bar. I just wished they were bot deal breaker like old viper or recent sload. Maybe tune them down a bit
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »

I would like to see that too.
    I know they never said or implied that
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete Cp,

give some buffs to skills and passives it is enough...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP either needs a complete rework or replaced with a different end game progression system.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hate such posts, lack of any understanding.

Brinding new progression system may require major overhaul, Zenimax better focus on fixing issues and releasing contetns.

We have Non CP Compaigns and BG. kindly queue for them!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 20, 2019 3:12PM
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

But there are, take a simple Schacklebreaker with infused Torugspact, you never run out of Stam or Magica, can take a lot of Damage and are still able to dish out Damage. And i mention here only two easy craftable sets, you can have a look at Meridias Blessed Armour, People, especially in BGs will hate you when all Attacks miss for 5 seconds, 5 seconds help to restore a lot of Ressources. There are multiple others, like Plague Doctor for Sorcs in PVP since the Shieldchange with Murkmire. Heck, even my Stam DK Redguard, lvl35, cp934, sishes in Kyne, no cp enabled out like hell, Ashen Grip and Schaklebreaker plus 2 pieces Allesian Bulwark, from s&b he gets a dmg Shield, from one on his 2h Bar as well, Dubious to it, stam rec of 2250, he wrecks Havoc, can take a lot of Damage even with primary medium Armour and still dishes out.
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are really planning to remove CP entirely from the game, then please remove proc sets aswell.

Just play a bit BGs and see for yourselves how many "No skill just Lucky timing" things that kills u in there, then u will see what i mean.

Otherwise R.I.P pvp, im out

No thanks.

"Proc sets" are one the best innovations this game ever had. It allows for players to add new abilities to their repertoire and is one of the few strategy elements left to this game's combat system and building your character.

Those wishing to simplify this game for the purpose of PvP "balance" are ruining this game and making it a lot less interesting to play.
    Edited by Jeremy on January 20, 2019 4:04PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After freezing CP the cry is remove CP and proc sets.
    Then the next cry will be to remove enchants and poisons.
    Next will be remove all ranged weapons.
    OK time to remove all AoE.
    Oh no melee weapons have to go!

Finally we are balanced and can exchange trading cards!

I dont want them to remove CP at all, i Just want them to nerf or remove proc sets if they decide to remove CP completely.

If u have ever played a BG match you can clearly see why, unless u run heavy SnB..

I've played plenty of BGs. Proc sets are the least of this game's problems in that department.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    All proc sets should be removed from the game. There’s no skill in free effortless damage, just makes PvP a complete joke.
    However since it’ll affect pve I have a better solution.
    Add a new thing to battle spirit:
    “All proc set damage and healing is reduced by 75% or 50%”
    Sounds fair enough to me since PvP is just becoming a bunch of trash noobs who rely on proc sets to do damage for them and secure kills without putting much effort into them.
    Pve it can remain the same so that the pve community doesn’t get hurt by this change. Their dps proc sets will still remain the same but will have a significant damage/healing reduction when entering PvP.

IF arena weapons would be more usefull (vMA lvl) then I would happilx dropp my monsterset in PVE...but they arent.
    Eleweapon outperforms Forcepulse or chrushing shock in DMG.
    And the only weapon that would be kinda good on the frontar for magica users would be perfecter VAS firestaff....but jeah the skill gets outperformed and even the staffs passives is weaker than a monsterset.

And thats the story for all arenaweapons except vma bow and vma staff ...so no dropping the monsterset anytimw soon.

I just stated a good solution for proc sets. Reduce their damage by 75% in PvP areas.
    That way they’ll remain unchanged in pve.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup but this doesn't mean they will remove it, this would cause, well mass quits. They will rework it or completely give us something new, but they won't take 4 years of playing from players to make everyone even, that's not how MMOs work.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are really planning to remove CP entirely from the game, then please remove proc sets aswell.

Just play a bit BGs and see for yourselves how many "No skill just Lucky timing" things that kills u in there, then u will see what i mean.

Otherwise R.I.P pvp, im out

why have any diversity then? everybody gets same armor, same weapons, same class and eso becomes ???

what does eso become?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭

So they will rework it, Wrobel loves his cp system and he will never let zos remove it xD

Tbh. I dont care about CPs if i get bored of those i just play on sotha

Regarding Procsets... I like some of them, for example i love to play daedric trickery in low lvl bgs, in my opinion this was one of the best procsets they ever intrudeced (i mean fun to play and not actual "good"). It can save your Ass or be total useless and i think that is how strong proc sets should work, they should have somekind of drawback, either the RNG (Trickery, Engineguardian) or somekind of debuff (pirateskeletton). Atm you just get to much value out of them for doing nothing.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @StShoot um... Wrobel doesn't work for ZOS anyomre.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.