The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dear Zos, about removiing cp and proc sets

Karmanorway
Karmanorway
✭✭✭✭✭
If you are really planning to remove CP entirely from the game, then please remove proc sets aswell.

Just play a bit BGs and see for yourselves how many "No skill just Lucky timing" things that kills u in there, then u will see what i mean.

Otherwise R.I.P pvp, im out
Edited by Karmanorway on January 19, 2019 1:18PM
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Content is balanced with CP in mind, and that’s why BGs is as messy as it is now.

I don’t think they should remove CP from the game. It’s important to have something to chase to make my character stronger and stronger, at least to me.

That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t review a few aspects of CP, though. Mainly how some builds are able to soak immense amounts of damage and to also return it accordingly.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP may end up being removed in like a year, but it will be replaced with some other horizontal progression system. CP isn’t going away overnight so just calm down, and see what happens.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latios wrote: »
    Content is balanced with CP in mind, and that’s why BGs is as messy as it is now.

I don’t think they should remove CP from the game. It’s important to have something to chase to make my character stronger and stronger, at least to me.

That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t review a few aspects of CP, though. Mainly how some builds are able to soak immense amounts of damage and to also return it accordingly.

I couldnt agree more, cp does indeed need a rework, but not removiing them completely, if they do then proc sets Will destry pvp.. and imagine getting hit by master axes with poison on top of that :D
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    CP may end up being removed in like a year, but it will be replaced with some other horizontal progression system. CP isn’t going away overnight so just calm down, and see what happens.

Horizontal I would be surprised that would be an easy way to lose a ton of your playerbase.
  • moses1763
    moses1763
    ✭✭✭
    that is a lil extreme isn't it just because you got killed in pvp?

The one rule of PvP you must accept is the fact YOU WILL DIE!
    Edited by moses1763 on January 19, 2019 1:38PM
    Live, Laugh, and Hope!
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does CP need to be changed if the perntage added post 300 is very small?
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tetrafy wrote: »

Horizontal I would be surprised that would be an easy way to lose a ton of your playerbase.

And what do you think campion points are, then? The answer may surprise you.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are not bad. Hard proc and no effort proc sets are bad. Proc sets provide flavor and versatility on different builds and playstyles. Problem is that there are overpowered proc sets that require zero effort to activate and have no drawback. This not only makes them the meta in non cp environments but also kill the build variation since the few hard proc sets are prefered over the medium and soft ones.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did ZOS actually say they are removing cp? I thought they were just not raising the cap for awhile?

I've not been keeping up with details.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    moses1763 wrote: »

...from proc sets
    PC EU
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭

The basis of CP is verticle its just like ilevel gear.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After freezing CP the cry is remove CP and proc sets.
    Then the next cry will be to remove enchants and poisons.
    Next will be remove all ranged weapons.
    OK time to remove all AoE.
    Oh no melee weapons have to go!

Finally we are balanced and can exchange trading cards!
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 19, 2019 1:56PM
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mind as well get rid of PvE all together. If CP cap is being removed, and you want to get rid of all proc sets, then, what's the use of PvE in this game.. goodness. All racial, passives and whatever nerfing have been done in this game are all for PvP. Funny thing is, PvP is the minority of ESO, and PvP performance is still crap to this day.
    Edited by GreenhaloX on January 19, 2019 2:06PM
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can’t remove it now or the playerbase will collapse. They’ll probably do a “CP 2.0” revamp or something.

The only reason why they were able to gut VR ranks is because the game was performing so terribly and sweeping changes were needed and less disruptive to the smaller community (who wanted that change). Game, community and systems are too established now to start with massive revamps.
    Edited by Peekachu99 on January 19, 2019 2:09PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are no builds that can soak up massive amounts of damage and return anything meaningful. I’m sorry but what you’re describing is skill gap. You don’t understnad the game as well as some people and aren’t as skilled at it, that doesn’t mean certain aspects are OP.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The basis of CP is verticle its just like ilevel gear.

The basis of CP is to spread power horizontally. The only thing vertical about the system is gear.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are really planning to remove CP entirely from the game, then please remove proc sets aswell.

Just play a bit BGs and see for yourselves how many "No skill just Lucky timing" things that kills u in there, then u will see what i mean.

Otherwise R.I.P pvp, im out

That will make all the 5 playerbase REALLY happy.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand your example

You're not happy about cp, but use an example of a no cp event.

Cp campaigns, are about pumping weapon damage as modifiers will impact all abilities
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to Talent vs Meta and you take Meta out of the equation what do you think will happen,,, doesn't sound like luck to me.

I'd bet there are some really talented game players who come to this game that don't know jack about character building. (or just don't need it)

Want an example of what I'm talking about, try out the newer UT or quake, I think they are free right now and a lot of the defensive combat in ESO is straight from those types of games, so low learning curve in that direction. Where do you think the idea of BG came from?

No I'm not talking about myself, I tend to be in the middle most of the time, sometimes I get top spot and on the rare occasion I get the bottom spot
    Edited by Casdha on January 19, 2019 3:17PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All proc sets should be removed from the game. There’s no skill in free effortless damage, just makes PvP a complete joke.
    However since it’ll affect pve I have a better solution.
    Add a new thing to battle spirit:
    “All proc set damage and healing is reduced by 75% or 50%”
    Sounds fair enough to me since PvP is just becoming a bunch of trash noobs who rely on proc sets to do damage for them and secure kills without putting much effort into them.
    Pve it can remain the same so that the pve community doesn’t get hurt by this change. Their dps proc sets will still remain the same but will have a significant damage/healing reduction when entering PvP.
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    Did ZOS actually say they are removing cp? I thought they were just not raising the cap for awhile?

No. They never said they were removing them. They said they were putting a halt to raising it until they figure out what they want to do with it. As usual, the forums made assumptions and ran with it.

• Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direct damage proc sets have been an issue in PvP since they were introduced, so I wouldn't mind seeing them go away.

CP is sort of an interesting topic.

Everyone likes to blame CP almost exclusively for the power creep and subsequent class nerfs... but more realistically the culprit is some of the mechanical changes and the introduction of new sets which have to bring something new and powerful to the table to justify their addition. I think @code65536 did some experimentation on power creep in PvE parses, and something like 17% of the powercreep is found in the difference between the old 501 CP cap, while the rest is better sets, mechanical changes to enchants/traits/light attacks, and ridiculously powerful sets.

Did you know that light attacks back in the day generally capped out at maybe 10k on a crit? Now they cap out closer to 25k per crit. That's not just a few hundred CP lol.

PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they remove proc sets, they need to introduce something directly tied to my characters so they can retain the flavor they are loosing. Beg your pardon, but the proc sets my characters wear really help define them. My artificer would not be the same if he didn't explode in gears and summon up his trusty dwemer sphere companion to assist him in battle. He basically wouldn't be an artificer at all game-mechanics wise without those proc sets.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. They never said they were removing them. They said they were putting a halt to raising it until they figure out what they want to do with it. As usual, the forums made assumptions and ran with it.

Forums never change.
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

There are no builds that can soak up massive amounts of damage and return anything meaningful. I’m sorry but what you’re describing is skill gap. You don’t understnad the game as well as some people and aren’t as skilled at it, that doesn’t mean certain aspects are OP.

I'm not talking about those tanks that can take on 20 people at the same time. I'm talking about some builds that can 1vX effectively without a huge need for 'skill', because of easy acess to strong heals, disengage tools and very high burst in heavy armor.

But yeah, assuming what I know or not is much easier.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

I'm not talking about those tanks that can take on 20 people at the same time. I'm talking about some builds that can 1vX effectively without a huge need for 'skill', because of easy acess to strong heals, disengage tools and very high burst in heavy armor.

But yeah, assuming what I know or not is much easier.

They can only 1vX effectively because they are fighting players who are all average at best. Put them against even 1 good player in a good build and you'll instantly see a difference. Can't tell you how many 1vXers I pissed off by killing them in anything besides a 1v1...

I know "no skill proc builds" are kind of a meme, but even with them in play, you'll see much better success rates from people who are actually good at the game.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People die in pvp die more because of poor positioning, strategy and attempting to face tank everyone.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thought so. Thanks.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moses1763 wrote: »

I dont Mind dying at all, its a part of PvP. But dying to a noob cuz hes Skoria just proccd on the other hand... A bit annoying. But atleast we still have the cp system so i can put some points in to counter all that free dmg they get :)
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    If they remove proc sets, they need to introduce something directly tied to my characters so they can retain the flavor they are loosing. Beg your pardon, but the proc sets my characters wear really help define them. My artificer would not be the same if he didn't explode in gears and summon up his trusty dwemer sphere companion to assist him in battle. He basically wouldn't be an artificer at all game-mechanics wise without those proc sets.

Your right, i didnt have all procsets in Mind though, just stuff like Skoria, Zaan, viper etc. If not removed, their dmg should atleast be nerfed in cyrodiil/BGs