The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I play ESO because:

• Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I can't cope with my problems properly.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At heart im a medieval fantasy type bloke (actually im that old I am medieval), nothing comes close to this game.

Also I love the freedom to change, I normally only play one character (except SWTOR where its easy to make alts, just don't get me started on how bad that games become!) - unlike my 13+ years in EQ as a Pally the ability to be a spell casting mage one week then swap to a tanky sword and board the next stops the game from getting stale.

Sure it has its faults but come and play SWTOR for a day, you will be grateful this place exists.

Be safe
    Edited by Knightpanther on January 18, 2019 9:04AM
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore. Tamriel places never seen before. Amazing stories. Amazing scenery. Amazing music.
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the wow bfa expansion sucks and i had eso laying around
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for a new MMO that doesnt suck
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since killing massive ammount of ppl is inappropriate in RL :joy:

na jus tkidding, its a fun way to spend time :)
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juzz wrote: »
    So much whines ‘bout race changes and token shite, that I just want to understand why are ye playin’ at all, lads

I like the whole audiovisual experience, how well for instance my shield connects graphically with an incoming blow and how the sound of such an action comes at the right time. Since as a tank this action is repeated a gazillion times it's so important that the whole animation and sound is done well.

Now if only the game's balance and mechanics would be as good and well thought of...:(
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For fun. I'm enthusiastic, not awesome, I'm happy I can hit 40K burst and 20K sustained DPS. I'll never be great at PvP either, but I have fun. Some of that's antipodean lag, some of that's me, but I really don't care. I don't need to get my sense of validation from a game. I'm validated IRL every day. Especially at bonus time. :)

I can complete the content I care about, I run (normal) trials and (non-DLC) dungeons, I belong to good guilds, have e-met some great people, and have had a laugh along the way (and swore under my breath occasionally). And I'm happy with doing so.

All the frigging peeny waving makes me laugh. If that's all you have in life, just... yeah, nah.
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    I get to be rich and powerful which is the opposite of my unsatisfying real life.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like seeing simulation game of a growing society with it's social issues and solutions.

:p bet that's an unique answer
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masochistic tendency’s.....

Plus I seem to be having a lot of Déjà vu lately....maybe I’m psychic....or maybe these forums are just getting redundant...
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder to keep the thread on-topic, constructive and civil, while respecting our community rules.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Moog
    Moog
    ✭✭✭
    Cheaper than a bar tab and chasing split tails
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i play eso because i got nothing else to paly.. beside gw2, warframe... and many other mmo
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with all the faults I still see the greatness that ESO has to offer. It does a lot of the little things correctly that just makes the experience even so much better playing.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I would be playing something anyway and this is the best game going right now.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the world and the games, and I fear this may very well be better than ES6, Considering the events of late last year.
  • Skogsalf
    Skogsalf
    ✭✭✭
    It`s fun! Should there be any other reason to play a game?
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont play it. iam waiting for changes and fixes
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juzz wrote: »
    So much whines ‘bout race changes and token shite, that I just want to understand why are ye playin’ at all, lads

I like thge world and characters, the creations is really nice. Races are cool.

One thing that is bad, and has driven me away from ESO several times... is the Combat

I mean... I really find the combat so dull that I kind of just run around stealing in the game lol. If you see my profile, I have been around since prelaunch in March 2014. No MMO I have played has suck bad looking combat. I feel like I am slapping enemies with my weapons, no impact. Stiff and sluggish at best. If they fixed the combat "feeling" this would be my one and only game.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't leave this game, it haunts me when I let it alone for several months. I just love it. This game has a soul, a deep universe, endless possibilities. I played by habits, it almost became like a job at some point. I'm not always having fun, and sometimes playing is more like a maintenance, or a chore. I'm just invested in this game, and even if I'm not having fun at some point, I now I will later, so I'm making the bare minimum to not be left behind when I return.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To have fun. Wild, right?
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it... it could be better but you have what you have.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I play? That's an easy one. I play because it's a great game.

Why do I bother coming here? Now that's a more difficult question to answer.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To destress from the day.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play because I...

... love orcs.
    ... love doing stuff with my guildmates together.
    ... met the most important person for me in this game.
    ... get everything from the game that I need, PvE, PvP, useless stuff, crafting, exploring, RPing, achievements.
    ... and last but not least yeah it's a nice game to spend time in. Since 5 years!

There are some things more, but the orc's brain is not working very well with thinking on Fridays.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because wrobel is gone
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy ESO despite my gripes with it (the monetization, balancing, etc. but they've been getting better with it). Everything I like has flaws and I accept that for no game is perfect. EVERY game has their own set of flaws, but it's good to focus on the pros as well as the cons instead of ignoring the pros and just focusing on the cons.

I support what it's doing for The Elder Scrolls lore as well, by giving each racial culture actual depth (as the main series didn't really care for the racial cultures of say Altmer, Bosmer, Redguards, etc.) and bringing back old lore from the lesser known titles like Battlespire, Shadowkey, Daggerfall or Redguard. It also didn't disappoint me as much as Skyrim did, so there's that. lol
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's Elder Scrolls.
    Also, it's fun.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting on TES6 and still trying to like this game after 1357 hours.
    Yes, I've spent 1357 hours trying to find something I like and so far it's only Dunmer DK and a bit of Argonian just cause of the potion racial.
    In fact, Dunmer DK, sword and shield is specifically the only thing I enjoy. I just like the Argonian passive. Everything else is complete thumbs down for me. Every single other skill tree, guild skills, weapon skills, racial skills, class skills, everything. Only Dunmer DK with sword and shield.
    Not only that but I always stop right before level 40 as I feel I have nothing else to look forward to.
    Edited by Vhozek on January 18, 2019 8:33PM
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.