The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Love The Race Change Scam ZOS is Pulling

• jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We are also talking about them pulling the rug under some people. Take dunmer, a race that is currently meant for mag DPS heavy in flame damage. Because fire staves are so dominant when it comes to single-target damage output, a lot of people run dunmer to amp up their damage further. Nearly 5 years into the game, Zenimax decides to completely reimagine dunmer as a hybrid race, which has led to it falling behind with regards to its damage output. A race that used to be for mag DPS utilising a lot of fire damage, a race that many people built their characters on because of that, has become a hybrid race.

Considering dunmer is undoubtedly the best option for 3/5 classes (Dragonknight with all its fire damage, Nightblade with its high single-target damage synergising with flame staves the most, Templar with some fire damage), and for the remaining 2 classes is the best for single-target damage output, many people have more than one dunmer on their account(s), so this single token is not going to cut it.

Zenimax created this mess by rolling these changes out 5 years into the game's lifespan, they can't just leave people hanging without expecting the community to go nuts. Either make adjustments to certain races so they still serve the same purpose they currently do, or give out more tokens.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The smart thing to do would to make racial passives independent of your chosen race, and then everyone could be happy while looking like they want, but a very small percentage of RPers would be pretty unhappy about this because seeing a Khajit with a staff ruins their gaming experience.

Now what happens? Race passives are rebalanced and people who both want the best stats and who look like they want get shafted, while others who really may not want to look like a certain race will be compelled to choose that race.

Let people look like they want without their character's abilities suffering IMO.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KingKobra wrote: »
    Another post of this same topic....

The more the better. Change my mind.

^
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they know people will be buying them, not me
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JadonSky wrote: »
    I feel like giving 1 is a kind gesture. I mean when they nerf class skills you don't even have an option to switch classes you have to start from scratch or when they change how skills work they haven't even discounted skill resets lately. People should grateful they get a free race change token and if your lucky maybe a discount on them.

No one likes change but it was a change that was needed. When it comes to MMO's this is how it always is. Every MMO I have played they end up doing major changes for balance and you live with it or you don't. This is not a normal single player Elder Scrolls game so expect balance changes and live with the fact you made the choice to stay with the meta. Meta never last it will always move around in some way or forum.
    basicly im against it.

[*] you created your char the way it was because YOU the player wanted that. BARE WITH IT! YOUR CHOICE YOUR BURDEN
    [*] historicly speaking only bethesda added this feature in the past 30 years of online gaming and sadly thats because you guys are so busy argueing over petty crap that you cant see the whole litterbox filled with crap.
    [*] this feature should have never been added to a mmo but bethesda did it simply because by chaning the meta they get player to spend money and that brings profit wich in turn bring people to spend more if the meta is always changing. the basic of the cashgrab wheel.
    [*] if you want to be that much of a dps god per xpac simple: make 1 char max it ,c rafts skills, make it your main craft and w/e suits you. then make chars you wont give a *** and delete the lamest of them all every time bethesda changes the meta in anew "dlc"
    [*] also doing the above will require you to buy character space if you dont delete the ones you wont be using

Heres the problem with this ***. When zos changes a class you have multiple options. You can make or another class, im not sure how many character slots come with the game now but i think it was 4 when i started.

And most of the time they dont nerf the class so badly that nothing can work on it so you can still play it and do well..

But racial passives are different. This is something that has been in the game since the beginning. Zos gave us races that were better for certain classes, this is how they wanted it and this is how it was.

Now they have decided to turn things upside down. You want people with 12 characters to delete half of them? Because thats what im looking at for myself right now. Either race changing or deleting half of them.. Races are not something like a build you can just change, or a class skill where you can go find a weapon skill and try to compensate.

A lot of us care about having a good race for our play style and its just spitting in the face of players who have spent thousands of hours and dollars on this game. As these new changes stand, i think nord might actually be better than orc for my stam sorc in solo pvp. Ill have to try it out, but nord looks very strong. Meanwhile orc got hit HARD which means my stam sorc, which is already in a bad spot, got hit hard too.

There is no need to flip the races around like this, make a huge mess, upset a ton of people, and not give us one change per character. Thats it, just one change per character on each account. Hell, even if its for like a week or two... But IMO, the worst thing is how it looks to a lot of us.

This seems like such a blatant cash grab. And this might be one of the worst ive ever seen. A company flips all the racial passives around because they KNOW people care about min maxing. They 1000% know this. So they KNOW a lot of people will buy race changes instead of deleting their characters that they've had for years. Countless achievements and hours gone. This is so scummy if they do this.

And the sad part is, even if they do give us one per character, they still will sell a lot of race changes. Because console players cant test things on the PTS, and the ones who are willing to spend the money will end up playing around with different races.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @eso_lags - 8 slots now before having to ante up.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All this drama for something that plays on the absolute margins. The number of players who'll even feel these changes are vanishingly few, and they're all on this forum.

Quelle surprise....
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just when I thought that the player entitlement could not reach higher levels, I see this thread. Wow.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are small margins why are they being nerfed and buffed as the primary focus of a whole patch? Because they are so insignificant... Right?
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    We are also talking about them pulling the rug under some people. Take dunmer, a race that is currently meant for mag DPS heavy in flame damage. Because fire staves are so dominant when it comes to single-target damage output, a lot of people run dunmer to amp up their damage further. Nearly 5 years into the game, Zenimax decides to completely reimagine dunmer as a hybrid race, which has led to it falling behind with regards to its damage output. A race that used to be for mag DPS utilising a lot of fire damage, a race that many people built their characters on because of that, has become a hybrid race.

Considering dunmer is undoubtedly the best option for 3/5 classes (Dragonknight with all its fire damage, Nightblade with its high single-target damage synergising with flame staves the most, Templar with some fire damage), and for the remaining 2 classes is the best for single-target damage output, many people have more than one dunmer on their account(s), so this single token is not going to cut it.

Zenimax created this mess by rolling these changes out 5 years into the game's lifespan, they can't just leave people hanging without expecting the community to go nuts. Either make adjustments to certain races so they still serve the same purpose they currently do, or give out more tokens.
    Yeah, what ever, I think they should do major changes to weapons too. I really don't care how it is effects players current builds. you get 8 free slots and they are adding new ones, shouldn't have to feel entitled not ever reroll a character once in awhile without having to pay a dime for it. No if you want to complain about something i would already complain that price is too high. However you can grind for gold and do an exchange. You don't really have to pay real money. You don't have to do it all it. The nerfs are really not that substantial either. People are exaggerating the degree of them. i think they did a pretty good job making the races closer is power then they were before.
    Edited by GarnetFire17 on January 18, 2019 2:58AM
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scars of Velious signaled the beginning of the end for EQ. Think this is the same for ESO...

shadows of luclin imo but ya
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    Khahit. Oh yes, we certainly ARE taking a hit - or two.
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • AlienatedGoat
      AlienatedGoat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nogawd wrote: »
      Just when I thought that the player entitlement could not reach higher levels, I see this thread. Wow.

What part about getting screwed out of $400 is being entitled?

Because from where I'm standing, ZOS seems to be the ones who think they are entitled to treat their longest and most loyal players as walking wallets.
      PC-NA Goat
    • Wildberryjack
      Wildberryjack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As usual with any change a small group scream the sky is falling while the majority just adapt and keep going. I'd hate to see how yall are with a change in your real lives if this is how you over react and freak out to a change in a video game. You'd think the world was ending and your life was ruined the way you're carrying on.
      Edited by Wildberryjack on January 18, 2019 4:18AM
      The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
      milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mr_Walker wrote: »
      All this drama for something that plays on the absolute margins. The number of players who'll even feel these changes are vanishingly few, and they're all on this forum.

Quelle surprise....
      The only thing sweeter than a sick burn is a sick burn with French at the end.

<3
    • AlienatedGoat
      AlienatedGoat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As usual with any change a small group scream the sky is falling while the majority just adapt and keep going. I'd hate to see how yall are with a change in your real lives if this is how you over react and freak out to a change in a video game. You'd think the world was ending and your life was ruined the way you're carrying on.

Seems to be the only way to get any company to take notice these days.

You'd think that they would have some moral responsibility, but no. They're always putting profit before people.
      PC-NA Goat
    • rynth
      rynth
      ✭✭✭✭✭

no kidding skimming through these threads I wonder how a lot of them deal with real life or if they are all just shut ins.

ZOS doesn't owe you a thing, you purchased a game play it or did play it and that is it. If you don't like what is going on leave it's as simple as that. It must be a cultural or generation thing of gamers now a days thinking they are entitled to stuff when ever something changes. Here is a news flash you aren't entitled to anything! If something is offered it's out of a business sense and nothing more. You want charity go do community service or just play single player games you wont have to worry about this kind of things.
      When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
    • Flipityflu
      Flipityflu
      ✭✭✭

Please explain how you are getting screwed out of $400? As far as I am aware, the racial patch isn't costing us anything.
      The salty tears of Meta
    • LightMaster7
      LightMaster7
      ✭✭✭✭
      Exactly right? I guess people just have to mass quit to get ignorant peoples like you who say "stop complaining" before singing "oops I did it again".
    • AlienatedGoat
      AlienatedGoat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Flipityflu wrote: »

Please explain how you are getting screwed out of $400? As far as I am aware, the racial patch isn't costing us anything.

If you need me to explain it to you, you've got bigger problems.
      PC-NA Goat
    • Girl_Number8
      Girl_Number8
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Juju_beans wrote: »
      This is not a static game folks. All MMO's change characters over time.

Yeah but they don't all change at once, 5 years into the game.

These changes are highly inconvenient and affect longtime players the most.

ZOS giving just one token out is more a slap in the face than anything else.

I agree it is more like a middle finger to the long time loyal player base, that has supported the game since it's start. This is sheer greed and there is no denying it. Why else would the race change tokens go on sale with just 16% off because this was a prearranged cash grab, simple.

They should give us a limited time race change token to use for each character with a time limit to be used. I think 14 days would be fair.
      Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 18, 2019 5:34AM
    • Flipityflu
      Flipityflu
      ✭✭✭
      Flipityflu wrote: »

If you need me to explain it to you, you've got bigger problems.

You are going to have to explain it.

I don't have any problems at all. You are the one whose knickers are in a twist and frothing at the mouth.

The salty tears of Meta
    • Tonturri
      Tonturri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Meta changes/shake ups? In an MMO?! WHAT IS THIS SORCERY
    • Vapirko
      Vapirko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have yet to see anyone screaming about the race changes provide any real evidence that their characters aren’t going to be able to continue in the rolls they have been without a few build changes. It’s not even on PTS. When that becomes available, hop on it, do your parses, check your stats, whatever, and then come back and talk about what’s really wrong or not.
    • Khaleesi8688
      Khaleesi8688
      ✭✭✭✭
      Calling people entitled is the new "I'm offended" People feel like they are being screwed over on purpose to squeeze more money from them and that's being entitled? These forums make no sense. People whine constantly about insignificant stuff and no one bats an eye but something actually scummy looks to be happening and the people speaking out are called entitled and insulted. You wonder why Zos doesn't bother to fix problems in performance? Because they can do things like this and people just say ok and shell out more money. There's no money in fixing problems. There's money in creating them. As this racial fiasco is proving.
    • Ryath_Waylander
      Ryath_Waylander
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don't see how players with multiple toons are demanding race change tokens for all of them. I have 10 toons. 4 of them are the same class, only 2 are the same race. 5 play the same role. If I have a toon that is deemed "unuseable" by the meta herd, all I do is walk them all to the shrines, pay ingame gold to change skills/attributes and morphs for ingame gold and have an intense armour swapping session. I probably won't even need the race change token. The only players that really sit with the problem are those RP players who are invested in their toons but are also min/max orientated, and they are rare. Don't tell me all 15 toons are precious, looks like moaning for free handouts again. Why don't we save the whingeing until later. In the meantime, test the changes on PTS, give constructive suggestions and maybe the worst changes won't even be implemented.
    • Mayrael
      Mayrael
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      JadonSky wrote: »
      I feel like giving 1 is a kind gesture. I mean when they nerf class skills you don't even have an option to switch classes you have to start from scratch or when they change how skills work they haven't even discounted skill resets lately. People should grateful they get a free race change token and if your lucky maybe a discount on them.

No one likes change but it was a change that was needed. When it comes to MMO's this is how it always is. Every MMO I have played they end up doing major changes for balance and you live with it or you don't. This is not a normal single player Elder Scrolls game so expect balance changes and live with the fact you made the choice to stay with the meta. Meta never last it will always move around in some way or forum.

Dude I'll take all of your stuff but gratefuly I'll let you to choose one thing that you can keep for free, the rest you will need to buy from me, and then you need to count on that I won't do that again, but why I shouldn't? If you leave there will be others who will come... But this and many other threads won't change a thing.
      Edited by Mayrael on January 18, 2019 6:34AM
      Say no to Toxic Casuals!
      I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    • AlienatedGoat
      AlienatedGoat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Calling people entitled is the new "I'm offended" People feel like they are being screwed over on purpose to squeeze more money from them and that's being entitled? These forums make no sense. People whine constantly about insignificant stuff and no one bats an eye but something actually scummy looks to be happening and the people speaking out are called entitled and insulted. You wonder why Zos doesn't bother to fix problems in performance? Because they can do things like this and people just say ok and shell out more money. There's no money in fixing problems. There's money in creating them. As this racial fiasco is proving.

Pretty much.

People do spend a lot of time bitching about the most inane things on this forum. Consumer rights isn't one of them.

I'm a paying customer, as are many, many others who feel they deserve better than this.

I deserve better than being shoved towards the Crown Store to pay over $400 to "fix" 14 characters, many of which I've had for years.

I won't spend another dime on this game if ZOS doesn't at least give one race change per character.
      PC-NA Goat
    • AlienatedGoat
      AlienatedGoat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don't see how players with multiple toons are demanding race change tokens for all of them. I have 10 toons. 4 of them are the same class, only 2 are the same race. 5 play the same role. If I have a toon that is deemed "unuseable" by the meta herd, all I do is walk them all to the shrines, pay ingame gold to change skills/attributes and morphs for ingame gold and have an intense armour swapping session. I probably won't even need the race change token. The only players that really sit with the problem are those RP players who are invested in their toons but are also min/max orientated, and they are rare. Don't tell me all 15 toons are precious, looks like moaning for free handouts again. Why don't we save the whingeing until later. In the meantime, test the changes on PTS, give constructive suggestions and maybe the worst changes won't even be implemented.

How about you speak for yourself?

I have 15 characters, and I play every single one. They are each specced to specific classes and roles, and I tend to swap between them often for my endgame activities. They each serve an important purpose.

I've spent enough time with this game to know when my characters are getting nerfed. I don't need to "test the changes" on PTS. I've tested them on paper, and the results lead me to believe that my entire roster is going to need a race change to stay competitive.

And that's total, 100% BS. I shouldn't have to pay to race change 15 god damn characters because ZOS paints with a wide brush on a whim.
      PC-NA Goat
    • Bhaal5
      Bhaal5
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They wont hear this over the pool of money theyll be swimming in because of the heard splashing out and buying then
    This discussion has been closed.